I got

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/17/2006 1:06 pm
2 tickets last nights (not concert :p ) one for speeding and one for careless driving due to the speeding. Apperatnly stateys hate it when you go by doin 100 in a 65. MY dads pretty pissed , but my mom ins't really pissed at me as much as she is at my dad because "its apperantly partially her fault" (which really pisses me off.) I could fill up this post and help you understand why my dad is the way he is, but I'm not up for typing that. He's basically mad at the fact that my mom sticks up for me and my brothers while his mom never did. When I told them last nite, she didn't stick up for me, which she shouldn't have anaway, but he still turned to her and said it was partially her fault. Apperatnly going out on the weekends and going out a few nites during the week (which is when I shoot pool) is "out of control." Most nites I'm in my room jammin away anyway, its not like I'm out every single nite till 2. Sure I've broken curfew, but I ALWAYS call if I know I am or tell them before I leave that I'm going to be a little late. The only times I'm out past 12 is when I go to concerts and they end late plus traffic, which they're fine with.

I just had to vent cause my dads bein an a-hole....and not twards me.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
ren
ren
10/17/2006 3:03 pm
Sorry to hear you got busted man.... I nearly got banned for a similar speeding offence a while back, so I feel your pain there.

If it makes you feel any better, my Dad is an A-Hole too - always has been - used to beat the crap out of me and my brother. Now I've left home, he's a valuable example of how not to be, how not to parent etc etc. Helps keep me grounded, and if the day ever comes that someone says I'm like my Dad, that's the day to end it all or take very serious corrective action....

Your options are either the head-down / leave home route, or to fight back. Although I can't recommend it, my Dad's attitude shifted considerably when I got bigger than him, and hit him when he threatened me. I am simultaneously proud and ashamed of that...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/17/2006 3:45 pm
Yeah, well, my dad thought a wing was a leg.
# 3
acapella
acapella
10/17/2006 3:49 pm
I can't imagine ever being able to beat up my dad. Mostly because he weighs over 300 pounds. Anyway, I think we all know how it is for parents to be unreasonable, some more than others. Hold in there man. It'll be okay, maybe not now but in time.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/17/2006 4:01 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaI can't imagine ever being able to beat up my dad. Mostly because he weighs over 300 pounds.

It's easy to beat the stuffing out of people who are bigger than you. All it takes is a blunt object to the head with no warning.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5
ren
ren
10/17/2006 4:12 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaI can't imagine ever being able to beat up my dad...

For clarification, I didn't plan it... For the millionth time me and my brother were about to be on business end of a can of whoop ass, and I figured it was time to stop taking it. I also only had to give him one good crack, which I don't think qualifies as a beating... it's his fault for sending me to do Karate anyway... he should have seen it coming.... :D

The only thing I'm advocating here is standing up for yourself, which doesn't have to mean following my example - I'm not you, and none of us can fully understand these situations if we're not in them. You could go for the reasoned argument route - so yeah, all I'm saying is, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and/or what you think is right.... and if you defend your mom, he can't very well argue with that without looking like such an A-Hole that he'd have to see it himself....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/17/2006 4:28 pm
Don't know if it's the same as in Canada, but if you go in and plead 'guilty with an explanation' you can get the fine reduced.
Just go in, be really nice and tell the judge you're out of work and don't really have an excuse, but you were hoping to get the fine reduced.
I've had fines reduced down to $10... works every time.
# 7
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
10/17/2006 5:44 pm
W.T.F.-- Hell, Im sorry Officer I must have been Sleep driving :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/17/2006 7:40 pm
.......and ultimately the answer is, don't speed !!!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 9
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/17/2006 8:28 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simon.......and ultimately the answer is, don't speed !!!

Unless, of course, you are rushing to the hospital because your dad is bleeding out the ears as a result of the blunt object you hit him in the head with, without any warning.
# 10
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/17/2006 9:38 pm
In Jersey, everything is pretty strick so that won't help. But I just have to go there, be poloite and tell them I want to reduce it to unsafe handleing. I'm not worried about paying the ticket, its the whole insurance thing.

But anyway, my dad stopped beating me and my brothers for bad behavior when I was in 6th grade. He knows that if he tries anything stupid like that now, we wound't hesitate to fight back. But I'm waiting for the day that he tries to take music away, guitar or cd's/mp3 player. He's bitches a lot that I listen to headphones all the time. My half stack is in my parents room and my 112 is in my room (due to space), I mainly practice in my parents room cause I don't like bothering my brothers if they're in our room (I'll play in there if they're not around.) But last christmas when I was playing through headphones and trying out my new delay pedal, he told me that I didn't need to play "that thing" everyday and to get out and give it a rest. Its not like I play loudly, I always check to make sure they can't hear the amp in the other room and I always keep the door closed. Also, I'm never in there late, I'm usually in there for 2 hours starting round 6 or 8, when they're not in there anyway. I can't wait till the new house is built and I have my own room and can play whenever I want and how ever long. It sucks being pumped up at 12 am after a show/concert and wanting to jam but can't cause I'd wake up someone somewhere along the way.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 11
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/18/2006 1:56 am
Too bad about the ticket bud...I feel sorry about the impact it will have on your insurance.

Crappy situation you're in...I have an agreement with my parents that they will never take away my guitar...alright :cool:
I can't understand why he'd tell you to give it a rest with the guitar though...I mean, I crank my 112 every day, and my family is gracious enough to reluctantly put up with it.

I don't get how it's your moms fault you got the tickets though :confused: .
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 12
lyricchic
lyricchic
10/18/2006 4:04 am
If it makes u feel better -- I'm not allowed to drive alone again until I'm 18. Well, I'll leave for college at 17, so prob. before that, but I managed to total my car after having my license for a grand total of ten days. Go me. You can imagine how proud my mother is (I'd say my father, but he doesn't live here and he's a wimp. Lol)
Don't worry. I shred.
# 13
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/18/2006 1:15 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguy
I don't get how it's your moms fault you got the tickets though :confused: .

Like I said, theres a whole story, but even then, the story has nothing to do with her.

Myspace
# 14
acapella
acapella
10/18/2006 3:01 pm
I have the same problems with guitar playing at my house. My parents get mad if I play too loud, and even if it isn't loud they get mad because "all you care about is your damn music. You don't have any interests. Why are you so negative all the time? Why do you have so much anger?" And so on. Not in a concerned way, in an angry way like they want me to go milk a cow or something so they can be proud of me. I don't see what playing guitar has to do with negativity and/or anger, unless they mean the anger I show when they get down on me for playing my guitar all the time and not wanting to do anything else.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 15
ren
ren
10/18/2006 3:14 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaI have the same problems with guitar playing at my house. My parents get mad if I play too loud, and even if it isn't loud they get mad because "all you care about is your damn music. You don't have any interests. Why are you so negative all the time? Why do you have so much anger?" And so on. Not in a concerned way, in an angry way like they want me to go milk a cow or something so they can be proud of me. I don't see what playing guitar has to do with negativity and/or anger, unless they mean the anger I show when they get down on me for playing my guitar all the time and not wanting to do anything else.

Some people will just never get it. 'Why don't you have any interests?'.... I wonder what they think playing a guitar is? :rolleyes:

# 16
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
10/18/2006 4:33 pm
living alone is awesome...i blast my music, blast my amp, yell, shout whatever no one cares...well if i start yelling then maybe....well i have a sister living in the same apartment but shes rarely home...

yipee
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 17
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/18/2006 6:02 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxliving alone is awesome...i blast my music, blast my amp, yell, shout whatever no one cares...well if i start yelling then maybe....well i have a sister living in the same apartment but shes rarely home...

yipee

I love this guy.

I don't get why parents would be pissed about playing guitar (or bass ;) ) .
You think they'd be happy you're passionate about something.
Next time you get crap for playing, ask why...and get a serious answer...parents have no right to just give you crap for what you like.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 18
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/03/2007 7:56 pm
I leave for court in 10 mins, wish me luck!

I hope I bring enough vasaline for the raping that gonna commence. :D :o :(

Myspace
# 19
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/03/2007 7:58 pm
Originally Posted by: elklandercc
I hope I bring enough vasaline for the raping that gonna commence. :D :o :(

*grimace*

good luck with that!
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.