myspace sucks

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/14/2006 11:26 pm
well a friend of mines daughter supposedly posted a "post" that said basically "check out my slut friends site...check out her pics...." and it is one of those loser buy access to pics of me sites---well i contacted said daughter and she said she did not post it(as i thought) so that means someone is ******* people and taking identities(prs warned of this) ...myspace is crap.....rupert murdoch(he owns it) sucks the big one....that is all :mad:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/14/2006 11:29 pm
Yeah my wife had her profile infiltrated as well. She just changed the password and the BS bulletins stopped.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/14/2006 11:30 pm
thanks ninja i will tell her...mine is changed too
# 3
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/14/2006 11:37 pm
this thread should be titled "people from cali suck"....sorry pony but cali seems to be the source of alot computer crap..what is it with those people...they got the beach,babes,sun and good music and they screw people on computers, get a life!!!!(except ponyone of course) ok, that was a bit much :o i feel a comment coming from cali ;)
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/15/2006 2:55 am
Myspace...bah.

Guess it serves some purposes if you just want a profile or something, like most of you...

Why the hell don't somepeople have better things to do than take new pictures of themselves every 5 minutes to post on their page, write the emoest things possible, and post crap on other peoples pages. I'm embarassed to be part of this generation.

/rant
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/15/2006 3:43 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyMyspace...bah.

Guess it serves some purposes if you just want a profile or something, like most of you...

Why the hell don't somepeople have better things to do than take new pictures of themselves every 5 minutes to post on their page, write the emoest things possible, and post crap on other peoples pages. I'm embarassed to be part of this generation.

/rant

It makes me happy that you hate our generation too. Surely our outrage at the mindset of our peers will combine at some point and change history for the better. Sigma and the Greasy Knots will create an awesome new hybrid style of rock that will kick its way into the consciousness of the masses, leaving nothing behind but fragments of the superficiality we destroyed and the faint scent of our dissatisfaction lingering in the air.

Having said that......I have a myspace thing. Go ahead, laugh.
# 6
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/15/2006 4:19 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckIt makes me happy that you hate our generation too. Surely our outrage at the mindset of our peers will combine at some point and change history for the better. Sigma and the Greasy Knots will create an awesome new hybrid style of rock that will kick its way into the consciousness of the masses, leaving nothing behind but fragments of the superficiality we destroyed and the faint scent of our dissatisfaction lingering in the air.

Having said that......I have a myspace thing. Go ahead, laugh.

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

The behind the music will be great during the fallout of our revolution. ...youll talking about your herbal tea induced trips. Ripping posters off the wall and watnot.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 7
eclecto69
eclecto69
10/15/2006 4:32 am
lets get it out
i have a myspace
i'm not proud of it. but its true.
uses, however: finding underappreciated independent musicians (check out Rick Brannon @ www.myspace.com/guitarfreakrick) and talking to your friends during summer vacation

that's it
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/15/2006 7:10 am
yeah, basically when someone posts one of those BS bulletins that are like "hey guys, I just got a free RAZR phone! you can get one too by going *here*! it's sweet and really works!!" it's because they clicked on one of their friends bulletins that said that, clicked on the link, and the link takes you back to the myspace login page, or so you think. it's not really the myspace login page. and if you type in your email and password then your profile is now easily hacked and people will use your profile to post that stuff.

the way to be sure it's the real myspace login page is if in the address bar it actually says "login.myspace.com" at the beginning, if it says anything else, don't put in your info! the home page of myspace warns about this, and asks you to check the address, or at least it used to. I dunno if it still does.

anyway, it's really not that harmful, they just use your profile to post spam to hack more profiles, they don't change anything on your profile or anything. a simple change of the password will stop it too. this has happened to so many of my friends, I guess I'm just the only person that was actually able to read the warnings on the myspace homepage :rolleyes:

that said. leave me comments so I can feel loved! ;)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 9
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/15/2006 3:56 pm
Heres one of them websites, I;ve actually felt for it a while ago, but they never used my profile and I changed my password so never had any problems.

http://www.myspace-profileviews.com/
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 10
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/15/2006 4:01 pm
If myspace has a customer service department, I'm sure their security types would be very interested in that link.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
pure
pure
10/15/2006 6:25 pm
dude this has nothing to do with the makers of myspace and i would know because the same thing happened to my friend.

basically somebody makes a link in myspace that goes to a different website that looks like myspace's login screen and an unsuspecting victim would just think myspace logged them off cause myspace always has problems.

it tells you to log in with your email and password and it takes that information into a database and uses your accounts to advertise. even if your myspace hasnt been used to advertise, it may just be laying in the database waiting to be used.

it doesn't stop at advertising. many people use the same passwords for just about everything so if the stolen accounts use like yahoo or hotmail, it takes the email adress and tries to log in with your myspace password and if it succeeds, then it has access to everything from credit cards to other personal information. usually changing your myspace password fixes this but if your email password is the same as your myspace login, then you must change that also because it can still access your email.

as you can see, the makers of myspace are not responsible for this.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 12
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/15/2006 6:32 pm
Please let me know if any of you get one of those BS bulletins from me. I rarely ever post bulletins, and would never repost some BS like that! I'll do the same if I notice one from one of you too.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 13
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/16/2006 1:53 am
Originally Posted by: puredude this has nothing to do with the makers of myspace and i would know because the same thing happened to my friend. .

So its absolutely immpossible for the people who run myspace to make a completely different website that will appear to trick people? It could all be just an excuse for myspace to use ppl's profiles to spam more than just their ads. If someone says my myspace is postin crazy bullitens, they can just blame it on the other trick websites. Its unlikely, but still a possibility.

It would also be impossible to to get people's credit card information through email unless the person sent their credit card number (and that 3 digit code) to someone and its still in their outbox. Even the receipts they get in their e-mail for stuff they get online will only show the last 4 digits of the card. Sure, they can get e-mail adress', people's home adress', and mabey even some phone numbers, but they would just use those to spam even more.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 14
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/16/2006 1:55 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaPlease let me know if any of you get one of those BS bulletins from me. I rarely ever post bulletins, and would never repost some BS like that! I'll do the same if I notice one from one of you too.

Hahaha, I was talkin to Marcos a few moths back about that, he said its gonna be a fun day here if he sees I posted a bulliten to "Check out my free webcam."

Myspace
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/16/2006 7:02 am
here's a new announcement from tom (myspace creator) that'll be on your homepage:

also, if bulletins are being posting under your account that you didnt post, change your password!! if you see these bulletins, it means someone phished your password and got in your acccount. we're working on the problems with bulletins posting slow and errors in mail.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.