View post (myspace sucks)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/15/2006 7:10 am
yeah, basically when someone posts one of those BS bulletins that are like "hey guys, I just got a free RAZR phone! you can get one too by going *here*! it's sweet and really works!!" it's because they clicked on one of their friends bulletins that said that, clicked on the link, and the link takes you back to the myspace login page, or so you think. it's not really the myspace login page. and if you type in your email and password then your profile is now easily hacked and people will use your profile to post that stuff.

the way to be sure it's the real myspace login page is if in the address bar it actually says "login.myspace.com" at the beginning, if it says anything else, don't put in your info! the home page of myspace warns about this, and asks you to check the address, or at least it used to. I dunno if it still does.

anyway, it's really not that harmful, they just use your profile to post spam to hack more profiles, they don't change anything on your profile or anything. a simple change of the password will stop it too. this has happened to so many of my friends, I guess I'm just the only person that was actually able to read the warnings on the myspace homepage :rolleyes:

that said. leave me comments so I can feel loved! ;)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace