Need some feedback

Krunek
Krunek
10/01/2006 7:27 pm
Hi guys. I have posted a thread here about a month ago, cause I decided to get a guitar with a floyd... Didn"t get much feedback on that one. :(
Anyhow, I finally decided I would get an Ibanez... So, I walked into the store. This guy works there, I know him. Very good guitarist and an ok guy. Had a few drinks together. Anyhow, I explained the situation to him. So, we kind of looked at the offer and prices and stuff... And he says to me, you tried stagg? Like, no. My kid brother got two stagg guitars and they both sucked. Big time. But, he saed, try this one. Gave me a Z600 model. Or something like that. That is the only one stagg makes with a floyd rose. Costs about 500 $. that is more than I can afford at the moment. But... He saed I could get it on monthly payments. On cheques. For, say, a year. Or less. Tried it out. Didn"t like it much. Didn"t feel right. But... The means of payment are very tempting... I could afford it that way. So, any of you guys played this model? Is it any good? This guy saed, considering it is the top model, it is much better than lower end stagg. But I don"t know. Didn"t really liked it. But, then again, if it plays well... Don"t really need to like it. So, if anyone played this one? Any first hand info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/01/2006 8:03 pm
If you don't like playing it very much, then your gonna get the worst buyers remorse and just wind up taking it back. Look on musicians friend for guitars around your price range with the floyd rose, then go to Sam Ash or Guitar Center to try them out and or buy it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/02/2006 12:59 am
I agree. If you don't like it, don't buy it, no matter how cheap it is. Ask around about other budget guitars that have Floyd Roses, I think there's a Cort model that's fairly inexpensive.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
Krunek
Krunek
10/02/2006 4:27 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccIf you don't like playing it very much, then your gonna get the worst buyers remorse and just wind up taking it back. Look on musicians friend for guitars around your price range with the floyd rose, then go to Sam Ash or Guitar Center to try them out and or buy it.

Uhm... forgot to add this little thing. I am from Europe... So, no Sam Ash, no musician friend... just E-bay.de. And even that would be extremly expensive due to custom and taxes, since I live outside the EU. For the time being. At least I hope so. :eek: So... Of course, I have found a second hand RG 370 Ibanez for less money... But that would mean cash on hand, and it is a bit of a problem. :(
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/02/2006 4:29 am
Oh, I geuss that would be a problem. You should just save up money so you can buy a guitar that you like, not one that just feesable on money.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
tuned4trash666
tuned4trash666
10/03/2006 2:30 am
get any dimebag guitar with a floyd they are inexpensive and the whammys kickazz
My gear:Washburn 333Dimebolt, Washburn2stStealth, Jackson Dinky, EpiphoneSG, Fender DR Heartfeld 5 string Bass, ESP LTD Bass, Pearl Export Drums, Shure mics, Peavey Bass amps, Crate guitar amps
# 6
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
10/03/2006 2:35 am
*turns the gain and presence all the way up and stands in front of the amp with guitar*
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 7
Krunek
Krunek
10/03/2006 4:23 am
Originally Posted by: tuned4trash666get any dimebag guitar with a floyd they are inexpensive and the whammys kickazz

No such thing in my country... we are not so developed... :( Yeah, I know.
A noose around the neck would also be a good solution... :eek: Dunno. I shall
try to pull something off... Luck, be a lady. Maybe i will find something second handed that I don"t have to pay in cash, at least not all at once...
Thanks for the input, all of you guys. Uhm, and teh? Wtf??? :confused:
# 8
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
10/03/2006 6:43 pm
I will have to fly to Europe and beat youif you buy that guitar! not because it is a bad one, I have no idea wether it is good or bad...but spending so much on a guitar you dontlike is just incredibly studpid
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 9
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
10/03/2006 9:14 pm
Is that the only brand of guitar that store sells?
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 10
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
10/03/2006 10:23 pm
I don't like tremelo arms - any device that puts an instrument out of tune seems like asking for Aggro.
I bought a new Strat and immediately threw the tremelo arm into a draw - somewhere ??
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 11
Krunek
Krunek
10/04/2006 4:30 am
Originally Posted by: JFRICKIs that the only brand of guitar that store sells?

Nope.They have an RG Ibanez, but I didn"t even bother to look at that one, cause it has two hums, and I am not a hum type of guy. I really like the single coil in the mid position. If I could get a hhs configuration, that would be good. And they have this goudine... Waaaaay beyond my abilities... That is about it, as far as floyd rose is involved... :( Ahoy, be still my heart... And then they ask me why do I drink so much. Of course, it tastes good also... :)
I have found a washburn in another store that I could also get on monthly payments, but it is also hh, so... And it is but ugly, by God it is. Sorry to any of you washburn players there. But, there is still hope. I emailed a friend of mine to go to this one music shop in our capital... They sell used instruments.
Maybe he will find something there. Maybe...
# 12
Krunek
Krunek
10/04/2006 4:36 am
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaI will have to fly to Europe and beat youif you buy that guitar! not because it is a bad one, I have no idea wether it is good or bad...but spending so much on a guitar you dontlike is just incredibly studpid

I kind of thought that London is in Europe?? Or are you island people to good for us ;) :) Just kidding. Yeah, you are probably right. But, the so much part isn"t quite right... It is one of the cheapest guitars with a Floyd here. This one costs about 355€. The cheapest Ibanez with a Floyd costs about 420€.
Maybe to you guys these are silly figures, but... To me, it is a big money.
And plenty of stores here won"t let you pay in cheques or so unless they know you... :(
# 13
ren
ren
10/04/2006 8:52 am
Ibanez make alot of guitars in H-S-H configuration, so you can still get the middle pickup isolated. Also, the five way selectors on many of the RGs split the humbuckers in the 'in between' positions.... I've got a RG320 that was very cheap, and has this...

Give them a try, you might be able to get the tone you want with a standard H-H guitar.

Also, you'll be happier in the slightly longer run if you get the cash together and then buy what you want than if you end up paying it off over months or years - it'll cost you way more that way. Nothing more satisfying that going in the guitar shop week after week lusting after your dream guitar, and then finally having the money to walk away with it under your arm.

Don't buy the Stagg dude.... find a guitar to fall in love with.... :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 14
polansky
polansky
10/04/2006 2:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Krunek I have found a washburn in another store that I could also get on monthly payments, but it is also hh, so... And it is but ugly, by God it is. Sorry to any of you washburn players there. .

Krunek, men, I'm a washburn owner, a pretty happy one gotta say, and regarding your remark on Washburn guitars look, well, I gotta agree.

They are making a pretty nice efford to make the most UGLY guitars in the world, they used to make beutifull instruments, but now.... WTF.

A friend of mine used washburn since he started playing and worked his way up till a N2 signature series, long story made short... he plays Ibanez nowdays.

My advice is, HOLD YOUR HORSES, I know that when you want a guitar, you want it right away, but in your case you need to wait, you can save up till you have the whole cash or at least what you are thinking to spend and then get the guitar you really want... or get a friend/family/trusted one who has a credit card, all my guitars and rig has been bought with credit, (damn card the are the devil itself if I'm not carefull I'm goinf to jail one day), but they are pretty usefull.

Andrew... if this guy gets that guitar HE DOESN'T WANT I'll grab him while you whack him, and share expenses (It will be cheaper and easier).
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 15
Krunek
Krunek
10/04/2006 7:25 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyKrunek, men, I'm a washburn owner, a pretty happy one gotta say, and regarding your remark on Washburn guitars look, well, I gotta agree.

They are making a pretty nice efford to make the most UGLY guitars in the world, they used to make beutifull instruments, but now.... WTF.

A friend of mine used washburn since he started playing and worked his way up till a N2 signature series, long story made short... he plays Ibanez nowdays.

My advice is, HOLD YOUR HORSES, I know that when you want a guitar, you want it right away, but in your case you need to wait, you can save up till you have the whole cash or at least what you are thinking to spend and then get the guitar you really want... or get a friend/family/trusted one who has a credit card, all my guitars and rig has been bought with credit, (damn card the are the devil itself if I'm not carefull I'm goinf to jail one day), but they are pretty usefull.

Andrew... if this guy gets that guitar HE DOESN'T WANT I'll grab him while you whack him, and share expenses (It will be cheaper and easier).

Hahaha. Thanks dude. You made my day. Yep. They are uuuugly. Well, I want an ibanez rg 350 dx, white one. That is what I want. Thanks for the advice guys. It really is nice to talk to someone who UNDERSTANDS the need for a new guitar. Thanks everyone. Hey, as for beating up part... Now, guys... easy there. I have never been known to pick fights, but I finished few... Dont make me put you both under my armpits and dump you in a thrasc can... :p
Just kidding. Thanks for the advices, fellas. I will let you know how it went.
# 16
polansky
polansky
10/05/2006 10:13 pm
Krunek:

You're welcome, anytime men, really, (and don't rock the cradle cause I might go to europe to find you a trashcan)

Back to the guitar... I live in Mexico and i DON'T TRUST THE MEXICAN POSTAL SERVICE. PERIOD. But England...well, have you considered e_bay or something like it I just found that Ibanez you want (pretty Vai-ish) for 300 Dls. I think euro it's more expensive that USD, maybe you can get it that way.

Check http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG-350-DX-White-w-Sharktooth-Inlay-Pearl-Pickgrd_W0QQitemZ280031843774QQcmdZViewItem

I think they ship worldwide and stuff, maybe it's an option.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 17
pure
pure
10/06/2006 2:50 am
see if the store thats offering the monthly payments has other guitars with floyd rose and if you like them then get them with the monthly payment.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 18
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/06/2006 3:14 am
Originally Posted by: polanskyKrunek:

You're welcome, anytime men, really, (and don't rock the cradle cause I might go to europe to find you a trashcan)

Back to the guitar... I live in Mexico and i DON'T TRUST THE MEXICAN POSTAL SERVICE. PERIOD. But England...well, have you considered e_bay or something like it I just found that Ibanez you want (pretty Vai-ish) for 300 Dls. I think euro it's more expensive that USD, maybe you can get it that way.

Check http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG-350-DX-White-w-Sharktooth-Inlay-Pearl-Pickgrd_W0QQitemZ280031843774QQcmdZViewItem

I think they ship worldwide and stuff, maybe it's an option.

I believe its cheaper for them, but make up for it with shipping.

Myspace
# 19
Krunek
Krunek
10/06/2006 4:56 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccI believe its cheaper for them, but make up for it with shipping.

Yep. And with customs and taxes. See, if you get a guitar, for say 100 dollars, that is actually worth, say, 300 (for arguments sake) they will, of course look at the value in catalog (300) and charge custom on that sum. The fact that you only payed $100 for it won"t make any difference. I don"t know how it works across the great pond, but in Europe, it is that way.
If I could get that Ibanez for 300$, like it saed ther, I would grab it in an instant. But... No such luck. :( Here, so you guys will know how the odds stand. Our currency is kuna, HRK.

1 $ (american) - 5,83 HRK
1 pound (brittish) - 10,94 HRK
1 € (euro) - 7,37 HRK
This is the newest... :(
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.