touchy topic....just wondering

force_of_shred
force_of_shred
09/29/2006 3:49 am
simply it is that people who question religion are the same people who will never be satisfied with any answers they will recieve. they will proclaim that science is their "God" but one thing these people don't realize that science is not as exact or as reliable as it is made out to be in the media. Science keeps changing, discoveries come along that cancel out the previous conclusion, we hear new discoveries all the time that "prove" that they were wrong about somthing they had studied years ago.With so much evolving of what the science community is telling us it's hard to believe that there are people who put their faith there.If you ask me, when not being taken analy and through literal cult-like interpretataons religion can be undersdtood to highest degree a person can understand. ANYONE who thinks science is exact or dependable when it comes to deciding what they should believe is just kidding themselves. Religion is Exact to some people, but you have to look past some of these oddeties and see the base principle as you should with science.

:Also why in school do you have to defend either Creationism Or Evolution, I think its obvious that question is WAY to black and white. Don't crumble into this trap of a question.

I believe in "Helped" evolution which i think makes the most sense considering when you take religion and science in and give both your skepticism they both point to the same conclution that is mine. :cool:
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/29/2006 5:43 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnebut we should look past the outdated and incorrect things in religions?

Thats a fantastic thing not many understand.Yes we infact should do just that.

Thats something many believers(of many churches)don't grasp.The bible does speak of not following the "traditions of man"...lighting candels,going to church on sunday(or saturday),celebrating easter,christmas,prayer repetition litergy,ritualism,confession,communion e.c.t.

Most would gouge their eyes out before letting go of the traditions(many not even worded in the bible and some ridiculous)that have been ingrained in the institutionalized churches of the world.THAT is their religion.

Its just as reasonable to attempt to prove scripture true through science.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/29/2006 6:27 am
I was just pointing out that religion in the grand picture is a tangled ball of elastic bands(false traditions e.c.t)...through a bit of study,they begin to unravel.

Science is a progressive method of understanding.Establishing and re-establishing "fact" is an occurance of any science.Science is the study of function/s and is in constant motion.

Texts of faith arn't motionless either...they have gone through revisions,multiple langauges and alterior motives.

Theres no double standard here.Fallacies in both science,its extremeties and religious texts need to be recognized.

Believing a written word of any kind takes some faith.
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/29/2006 6:38 am
Well the way I see it humans by nature are flawed, by extension our ideas about science and religion and philosophy may also be flawed.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.