Worst Band Ever???

stackny
stackny
02/23/2006 3:41 am
I dont know where this should be posted but you guys gotta check it out. Im sorry but this is some of the funniest crap Ive ever seen.

http://www.myspace.com/malevolence1

Scroll down and play the movie. I hope these guys arent serious and I hope none of the members are on this board.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2006 4:03 am
Breakdowns suck.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/23/2006 5:34 am
Were those guys in the moshpit dancing, or beating each other up?
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
stackny
stackny
02/23/2006 5:39 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusWere those guys in the moshpit dancing, or beating each other up?

Idk, but its freekin hillarious. I love how one guy is playing with a Gibson onstage. That doesnt even look right.
# 4
leland
leland
02/23/2006 6:19 am
can someone tab that song for me PLEASE!!
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/23/2006 6:22 am
Originally Posted by: lelandcan someone tab that song for me PLEASE!!

Haha, nicely done.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/23/2006 6:50 am
I dunno, it definitely was NOT the greatest band to walk the earth, but it wasn't even close to the worst band in the world. I think they were better then alot of people out there making millions of dollars off of their crappy music (a.k.a. hilary duff, lindsey lohan, eminem, etc.)

btw, I still don't know how to make that sound.. where they were playing their drop C power chord 3 times then there was that higher pitched thing, that's kinda hard to explain.. it's kinda sounds like moving a metal chair across like a tile floor.. at the part where they went DUN DUN DUN dwant I wanna know how to make that "dwant" sound..
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 7
Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
02/23/2006 7:21 am
Awful awful awful!!! And I actually like three-chord trash punk hardcore and say so unashamedly.

I mean, here's the thing. If you're bad you're supposed to not give a s**t and be sticking your middle finger up, that's the true spirit of punk... you're not supposed to A) fail to realize it and B) take yourself seriously.

These guys call themselves "metal", which makes it worse. Worst screech/death grunt vocals I've ever heard in my life. Unintelligible like Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat or HR of Bad Brains is fine... or hell.... full on death grunt vocals done right (Kataklysm, Cannibal Corpse, etc.)... but this guy sounds like an old dying goat with a bad throat cold. Weak sauce!!!

Regarding hardcore dancing: I used to bounce pits at hardcore shows. Hey... it's a major release... and hell, at least they're not getting their release by fighting and*Cough* Oh... wait a minute.... :(

Besides, you ever seen white guys try to dance at techno hip hop nightclubs? After seeing that you'll realize that maybe those hardcore dancers are on to something... Kidding!!! :D But I myself do believe that the latter is more fun than the former... even if the girls are scared away. Hell, I'd scare 'em off doing either one, so.... :D
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2006 2:03 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI dunno, it definitely was NOT the greatest band to walk the earth, but it wasn't even close to the worst band in the world. I think they were better then alot of people out there making millions of dollars off of their crappy music (a.k.a. hilary duff, lindsey lohan, eminem, etc.)

btw, I still don't know how to make that sound.. where they were playing their drop C power chord 3 times then there was that higher pitched thing, that's kinda hard to explain.. it's kinda sounds like moving a metal chair across like a tile floor.. at the part where they went DUN DUN DUN dwant I wanna know how to make that "dwant" sound..

I'm not quite sure of which part your talking about, but I've got two ideas, one of which I'm sure is the one you're referring to. One of the parts just sounds like a regular pinch harmonic without vibrato. The other sounds like two different notes being played at the same time. Just something to get that dissonant sound. They probably know how to do it because they saw it in someone else's tabs. Seriously, they're chock full of incredibly poor song writing skill. It's blatantly obvious on listen that they get their ideas from other peoples' tabs. The song itself seemed like one big break down. It was boring. And their performance just makes me that much more of a believer that the best performances are people that put their musicianship before their stage antics.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
stackny
stackny
02/23/2006 3:07 pm
Yeah, I know theres worse bands, I just thought you guys would enjoy that so I put it here and that title seemed semi-appropriate. Whenever I need a good laugh I go and watch that video.
# 10
quickfingers
quickfingers
02/23/2006 3:46 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyIdk, but its freekin hillarious. I love how one guy is playing with a Gibson onstage. That doesnt even look right.

all hardcore kids play gibsons, dude. i love it how 90% of the people on this forum have never been to a local show and no absolutely nothing about any scene. thats pretty common, man.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2006 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingersall hardcore kids play gibsons, dude. i love it how 90% of the people on this forum have never been to a local show and no absolutely nothing about any scene. thats pretty common, man.

Actually, the majority of hardcore kids play ESP and/or LTD. A good chunk of them play Gibson as well, but I've seen about a 9:1 ratio of ESP vs. Gibson in the hardcore scene.

Hulk Smash!!

# 12
acapella
acapella
02/23/2006 4:24 pm
I didn't even bother listening to these guys, I can guess what they sound like from the posts. But yeah, why is it that so many awful, unmusical bands play these beautiful guitars? They should be playing some kind of crap-looking metal guitars. Gibsons and stuff are meant for playing actual music, it seems like a crime.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 13
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2006 4:36 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeI didn't even bother listening to these guys, I can guess what they sound like from the posts. But yeah, why is it that so many awful, unmusical bands play these beautiful guitars? They should be playing some kind of crap-looking metal guitars. Gibsons and stuff are meant for playing actual music, it seems like a crime.

...Like ESP.

Hulk Smash!!

# 14
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
02/23/2006 4:57 pm
Forget the Gibson, one of those dudes (in the pictures) has a PRS CE 24...thats a nice guitar.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 15
acapella
acapella
02/23/2006 5:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions...Like ESP.

ESP is gross. ESP should be a crime too. ESPecially for the barely disquised Les Paul and SG ripoffs, not to mention the Ibanez copies. The headstock even looks the practically the same as Jackson. And then there's the awful metal guitars. :mad:
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2006 5:16 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeESP is gross. ESP should be a crime too. ESPecially for the barely disquised Les Paul and SG ripoffs, not to mention the Ibanez copies. The headstock even looks the practically the same as Jackson. And then there's the awful metal guitars. :mad:

I don't think that I'd mind that they were so blatantly ripping off other body styles as much if I thought they were making good guitars. I can't recall any time where I've played an ESP and had anything good to say about the experience. Of course I won't lie. I've had worse experiences. A friend of mine has a First Act, that's the worst thing I've ever played. But I just don't feel comfortable on an ESP.

Hulk Smash!!

# 17
stackny
stackny
02/23/2006 5:19 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingersall hardcore kids play gibsons, dude. i love it how 90% of the people on this forum have never been to a local show and no absolutely nothing about any scene. thats pretty common, man.

Well thanks for enlightening me.....I have been under the impression that Gibsons were more for blues and Ive never seen an actual metal guitarist playing a Gibson on stage.
# 18
acapella
acapella
02/23/2006 5:22 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyWell thanks for enlightening me.....I have been under the impression that Gibsons were more for blues and Ive never seen an actual metal guitarist playing a Gibson on stage.

Well, on the St. Anger DVD the Les Paul seems to pop up a lot...
# 19
Cookie monster
Cookie monster
02/23/2006 5:26 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsbtw, I still don't know how to make that sound.. where they were playing their drop C power chord 3 times then there was that higher pitched thing, that's kinda hard to explain.. it's kinda sounds like moving a metal chair across like a tile floor.. at the part where they went DUN DUN DUN dwant I wanna know how to make that "dwant" sound..

I cant play guitar so I cant tell you what fret it is on but Im pretty sure its a pinch harmonic of this
Example: (I have a feeling its in D)
----------------------------------------
--------------10-----------------------------
--------------12-*--------------------------
----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

*=bend the twelve but not the 10
damn straight
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.