View post (Worst Band Ever???)

View thread

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
02/23/2006 7:21 am
Awful awful awful!!! And I actually like three-chord trash punk hardcore and say so unashamedly.

I mean, here's the thing. If you're bad you're supposed to not give a s**t and be sticking your middle finger up, that's the true spirit of punk... you're not supposed to A) fail to realize it and B) take yourself seriously.

These guys call themselves "metal", which makes it worse. Worst screech/death grunt vocals I've ever heard in my life. Unintelligible like Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat or HR of Bad Brains is fine... or hell.... full on death grunt vocals done right (Kataklysm, Cannibal Corpse, etc.)... but this guy sounds like an old dying goat with a bad throat cold. Weak sauce!!!

Regarding hardcore dancing: I used to bounce pits at hardcore shows. Hey... it's a major release... and hell, at least they're not getting their release by fighting and*Cough* Oh... wait a minute.... :(

Besides, you ever seen white guys try to dance at techno hip hop nightclubs? After seeing that you'll realize that maybe those hardcore dancers are on to something... Kidding!!! :D But I myself do believe that the latter is more fun than the former... even if the girls are scared away. Hell, I'd scare 'em off doing either one, so.... :D