Worst Band Ever???

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/24/2006 2:15 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyAnd a lucky no good son of a bitch you are!

Lucky I didn't put myself in the hole, yeah. The blasted thing cost me enough. But it's ok, I wanted it ever bit as bad and I can't say I regret it. So ha.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/24/2006 3:48 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyI dont think Angus is metal. More blues and rock than metal. Guess I just havent seen many metal guitarists with Gibsons, but apparently its fairly common. Usually I think of blues players when I think of Gibsons and I think of Jacksons and Ibanez's when I think of metal.

yes, I'm sorry.. I said the wrong name.. I was thinking Tony Iommi, don't know how I got angus young instead.. oh well!

BTW, I'm with cryptic, and I also play brutal metalon my gibson SG as well!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
stackny
stackny
02/24/2006 4:01 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyes, I'm sorry.. I said the wrong name.. I was thinking Tony Iommi, don't know how I got angus young instead.. oh well!

BTW, I'm with cryptic, and I also play brutal metalon my gibson SG as well!

Dont worry bout it Bambi. :D
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/24/2006 4:23 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyDont worry bout it Bambi. :D

thanks, zazoo!!!

oh, hey, guess what guys? I figured out how to make that sound
|-----------------------------------
|--------------------------0--------
|--------------------------5--------
|--0--0--0--0--0--0--0-------------
PM|---------------|

or, for a slightly higher pitched version

|--------------------------0---------
|--------------------------6--------
|-----------------------------------
PM|---------------|

it also works (I couldn't decide which worked better) if you angle the pick sortof so that you do a pinch harmonic on the first string that you pick and then the other two play normally.. kinda hard to explain.. but you don't have to do this to get that sound.
my spyspace
# 4
Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
02/24/2006 9:37 am
Sometimes it's just barrels of good clean fun to go see hardcore bands and get your head smacked against the wall or get flipped upside down or get a fat lip and basically run around acting like a moron.

Or at least I think so.

I'd much rather do that than go to one of those fancy-pants techno-pop nightclubs that Vegas is known for, where it's like 30 bucks to get in and individual drinks are almost as expensive.

But no matter how much fun you have in the pit, thrashing and howling like an ape, and no matter how much that fun was facillitated by the band... unless they're like Dillinger Escape Plan or something (they can probably outplay 98% of everyone on this forum), don't buy the album!!! :eek:

I mean... unless you were at one of Minor Threat's early shows back in like 1981 or something... that album would be worth a wee bit of $$$ now.
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/24/2006 11:32 am
Originally Posted by: Vegas WierdoSometimes it's just barrels of good clean fun to go see hardcore bands and get your head smacked against the wall or get flipped upside down or get a fat lip and basically run around acting like a moron.

Or at least I think so.

I'd much rather do that than go to one of those fancy-pants techno-pop nightclubs that Vegas is known for, where it's like 30 bucks to get in and individual drinks are almost as expensive.

But no matter how much fun you have in the pit, thrashing and howling like an ape, and no matter how much that fun was facillitated by the band... unless they're like Dillinger Escape Plan or something (they can probably outplay 98% of everyone on this forum), don't buy the album!!! :eek:

I mean... unless you were at one of Minor Threat's early shows back in like 1981 or something... that album would be worth a wee bit of $$$ now.

But why do that when you could participate in the pit at, like, a Dead Kennedys concert? Or Carcass?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
acapella
acapella
02/24/2006 4:33 pm
You have't seen a pit until you've been to some Christian rock concerts. Rush seating, anything goes. I went to Skillet last year, and it's the only time in my life I honestly thought I might not leave a building alive. It was awesome!!!
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/24/2006 5:58 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeYou have't seen a pit until you've been to some Christian rock concerts. Rush seating, anything goes. I went to Skillet last year, and it's the only time in my life I honestly thought I might not leave a building alive. It was awesome!!!

Pffff... None of you have experienced true madness amongst the audience until you've been to a Weird Al show.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/24/2006 7:43 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeYou have't seen a pit until you've been to some Christian rock concerts. Rush seating, anything goes. I went to Skillet last year, and it's the only time in my life I honestly thought I might not leave a building alive. It was awesome!!!

ha ha.. skillet..

I went to a project 86 concet, and started the concert being pretty much in the middle of the crowd, kinda on the left.. then I was pushed/pushed my way all the way to the second row dead center stage.. I also went to haste the day like 2 days later, but I was still sore from the project 86 concert so I just stayed in the back. I'm telling you, christian rock/metal concerts aren't half bad.. nothing compared to a secular metal concert though (anyone seen the wall of death at a lamb of god concert? *parental advisory: explicit lyrics*)
my spyspace
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/24/2006 8:03 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsha ha.. skillet..

I went to a project 86 concet, and started the concert being pretty much in the middle of the crowd, kinda on the left.. then I was pushed/pushed my way all the way to the second row dead center stage.. I also went to haste the day like 2 days later, but I was still sore from the project 86 concert so I just stayed in the back. I'm telling you, christian rock/metal concerts aren't half bad.. nothing compared to a secular metal concert though (anyone seen the wall of death at a lamb of god concert? *parental advisory: explicit lyrics*)

I've been in a wall of death before. Not at a Lamb of God concert, though. I recall it being intense.

Hulk Smash!!

# 10
acapella
acapella
02/24/2006 8:10 pm
What's funny about a Skillet concert? The pits are great (at least where I was) and you can actually listen to the music.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/24/2006 9:40 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeWhat's funny about a Skillet concert? The pits are great (at least where I was) and you can actually listen to the music.

I stopped worrying about the pits when I started going to bands that made good music. Who cares about running into people? I'm more interested in seeing the band do what they do and how well they do it.

Hulk Smash!!

# 12
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
02/24/2006 11:03 pm
one of them was trying to do the whirlygig thingy a couple of times did he? LOL... were they even playing that song? or watever u'd call it...

being relatively small in size... ive always liked the pits and have suffered for it... i litereally bounce around like a pinball... and i flew... ahh... thats the nice part... then id land flat on my ass... i thought i screwed up my backbone once... its crazy but heaps of fun
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 13
stackny
stackny
02/24/2006 11:05 pm
I have no desire whatsoever to be in a pit. I wanna hear the music thats playing, not run around like some kind of retard. Doesnt help Im only 5'7" and 130lbs.....
# 14
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
02/24/2006 11:15 pm
thats true... back then i was a really emo kid... take as a form of a stress reliever LOL... i dont do it anymore now hell i dont even go for gigs nowadays...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/25/2006 12:08 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyI have no desire whatsoever to be in a pit. I wanna hear the music thats playing, not run around like some kind of retard. Doesnt help Im only 5'7" and 130lbs.....

Yeah, see as far as size goes I'm in the same boat... and I have suffered from it before, but these days I'm apt to agree with you. What's the point in paying to see someone perform if you're not going to watch them? It's like going to a movie and dancing to the sound track rather than watching it for the plot.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/25/2006 1:57 am
Originally Posted by: jeffhxwere they even playing that song? or watever u'd call it...

I think the sound track and the video track were not aligned properly.. and yes, I would call it a song, don't diss my lamb of god!!! metal is just as much music as is classical, seeing as some of it is greatly inspired by classical.
my spyspace
# 17
stackny
stackny
02/25/2006 2:27 am
I dont think Ill ever become accustomed to that low pitch growl. Gimme a good vocalist (as in singing) any day over that.....not saying it doesnt take skill, just aint my thing.
# 18
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/25/2006 2:53 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyI dont think Ill ever become accustomed to that low pitch growl. Gimme a good vocalist (as in singing) any day over that.....not saying it doesnt take skill, just aint my thing.

Crapping out a replica of the lincoln memorial would take skill, but it doesn't make it any less vile and totally illegitimate as an art form.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 19
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/25/2006 3:14 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonCrapping out a replica of the lincoln memorial would take skill, but it doesn't make it any less vile and totally illegitimate as an art form.

Illegitimate as an art form? What are you, the art police? There's a lot of crappy art (no pun intended, although I'm glad it turned out as one) out there, that doesn't make it illegitimate.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.