Christmas Problems

Danny C.
Danny C.
12/19/2005 4:21 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsbtw, at schools here, they aren't allowed to put christmas trees up, but they have the star of david hanging in a few places...

That doesn't seem right to me. I put the star on our CHRISTmas tree at my school, (only because I was the tallest one there at the time), but wasnt the whole tree thing pagan in the first place?
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/19/2005 5:14 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

Truth be told... it didn't do to well as a cultural institution... no one really pays any attention to it other than to joke about it.

that has got to be one of the funniest holidays I've ever heard of. I mean come on, february is already "black history month"... you already have an entire month devoted to you, you don't need a week of "kwanzaa" too. especially since most african americans in america know nothing about africa whatsoever.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:15 am
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManIs anyone else pissed off at people trying to censor christmas?! Most of the "Holiday" catalogs i looked through all say,"Hanukah, Kwanza, etc." But when it comes to christmas trees and decorations they just say, "Holiday" not Christmas, "Holiday!" Christmas is not a just a seasonal holiday, it's a holiday for Christians! Hence the name CHRIST-MAS! Just like people who are Jewish Celebrate Hanukah. They Celebrate it because it is a Jewish Holiday. My point is , They don't censor anybody elses holiday! Is anyone else here mad at this?

didn't i nail this a few weeks ago that people have been trying to incite people to get mad about christmas and stuff? man....i need to quit being so observant and right all the time in my observations.

get over it, not everyone celebrates christmas and stores don't want to exclusive....they have the right to celebrate what they want.

what's funny is that one of the main pushers of this B.S. movement this year of outrage is bill o'reilly and he has a happy holidays set of gifts himself and no christmas gifts.

by the way, hannukah is starting on dec 25th this year....sorry but you'll have to share. :p
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:53 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthat has got to be one of the funniest holidays I've ever heard of. I mean come on, february is already "black history month"... you already have an entire month devoted to you, you don't need a week of "kwanzaa" too. especially since most african americans in america know nothing about africa whatsoever.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10482634/from/RS.2/

read that and try to grow a few more braincells and quit being so racist....whether it's inadvertant or not, it is racist.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/19/2005 6:34 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypushttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10482634/from/RS.2/

read that and try to grow a few more braincells and quit being so racist....whether it's inadvertant or not, it is racist.

that's what I was trying to aim at. that there shouldn't be a black history month, or a kwanzaa to be celebrating black people's history. it should just be considered normal american history. what I said was meant to be anti-racist, it did come out sounding racist though, and I apologize.

it's kinda like our christmas turning into "holiday" thing though. a black man can go around complaining about white people. and it's acceptable. and when a white man says one word about a black man, and it's racist and offensive. :rolleyes:
my spyspace
# 5
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 6:43 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthat's what I was trying to aim at. that there shouldn't be a black history month, or a kwanzaa to be celebrating black people's history. it should just be considered normal american history. what I said was meant to be anti-racist, it did come out sounding racist though, and I apologize.

it's kinda like our christmas turning into "holiday" thing though. a black man can go around complaining about white people. and it's acceptable. and when a white man says one word about a black man, and it's racist and offensive. :rolleyes:

the problem is that most of the time when a white person says somethinga bout a black person, it is racist!

like idiots who talk about white history month or "they get their own month, isn't that enough." that's why i thought you were being racist, it sounded like "well, jeeze, they get an entire month, shouldn't that be enough?" when really the point is that it should be standard part of history, and not just some asterix.

as far as holidays goes, you still have hannukah around the same time....this year, it actually starts on dec 25th. as far as kwanza goes....that sounds similar to many eastern cultures' holy day of reflection on their ancestors...i thought that was more the point of kwanzaa....not the be a christmas of black people but rather a day to beable to reflect back on your own personal ancestory.

i need to look that up....because i'm really not sure if i'm right or wrong about that...it's been a while since i read up on kwanzaa.
# 6
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/19/2005 2:25 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthat has got to be one of the funniest holidays I've ever heard of. I mean come on, february is already "black history month"... you already have an entire month devoted to you, you don't need a week of "kwanzaa" too. especially since most african americans in america know nothing about africa whatsoever.

Who do you mean by "you"?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/19/2005 5:01 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanWho do you mean by "you"?

I'm not really sure, I don't think I was quite in my right mind last night.
my spyspace
# 8
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:50 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI'm not really sure, I don't think I was quite in my right mind last night.

you're too young to be getting that drunk. :mad:

:p
# 9
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/19/2005 6:09 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI'm not really sure, I don't think I was quite in my right mind last night.

Did you detune a piano earlier that day :D ???
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 10
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/20/2005 3:37 am
republican spin machine chugs out more crap to divide the nation and most of you guys dive right into it............... liberal=anti-god / republican=christian----- so who will you vote for to save your soul and your country???? ;)
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/20/2005 3:53 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jprepublican spin machine chugs out more crap to divide the nation and most of you guys dive right into it............... liberal=anti-god / republican=christian----- so who will you vote for to save your soul and your country???? ;)

I'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm a "who gives a ****ist" and I vote for myself and since this country is apparantly mine, given the way you worded the sentence, I choose the X-Men to protect it. After all it is my country and not our country. Looks like I win again. I rule.

Side note, this could probably be taken as an intended, mean, smart ass remark, but it's intended as a joke.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/20/2005 4:44 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm a "who gives a ****ist" and I vote for myself and since this country is apparantly mine, given the way you worded the sentence, I choose the X-Men to protect it. After all it is my country and not our country. Looks like I win again. I rule.

Side note, this could probably be taken as an intended, mean, smart ass remark, but it's intended as a joke.

i totally dig it :D ........if there is a God i hope he is Benny Hill

# 13
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/20/2005 4:30 pm
I'm totally down for the X-men defending this country. That's a great idea!
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 14
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
12/20/2005 7:18 pm
Yeah, I do believe if you want to destroy racism completely You have to remove things that separate us. such as "black history month, for instance. Then people will say, "wheres the white history month? where's the asian history month, etc." And If you wanted to further bring yourself closer don't have a TV station dedicated to one specific race. That just separates you even further, and somewhat encourages racism to a small degree. And to those people that call themselves, european american, african-american, latino-american, etc. If you want to unify everybody, and not separate and divide them. Just call yourself AMERICAN. Because that's what you are.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 15
ibanezgirl
ibanezgirl
12/20/2005 7:33 pm

Yeah, but it's the shortest month of the year!!! :D

I'm half jewish, part Mohawk indian, part black, and I'm a buddhist. I can't stand political correctness.

I'm not part "native american", I'm not part "african american". I'm not just black. I am a person of mixed ethnicity, so call me that.

It's not a "holiday", it's Christmas. Call it Christmas.

I hate Kwaanza and I hate the "holidays".

If someone is offended, who cares?

"Political correctness" is born of guilt. I say it's time to end all of this nonsense, period.

I'm an American woman of mixed ethnicity, December 25 is Christmas Day, a fat person is fat, a midget is a midget.
You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl.
# 16
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/20/2005 7:43 pm
we are all human, period...end of story :)
# 17
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/20/2005 7:46 pm
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManYeah, I do believe if you want to destroy racism completely You have to remove things that separate us. such as "black history month, for instance. Then people will say, "wheres the white history month? where's the asian history month, etc." And If you wanted to further bring yourself closer don't have a TV station dedicated to one specific race. That just separates you even further, and somewhat encourages racism to a small degree. And to those people that call themselves, european american, african-american, latino-american, etc. If you want to unify everybody, and not separate and divide them. Just call yourself AMERICAN. Because that's what you are.

morgan freeman hates black history month, he says it seperates the black community
# 18
ibanezgirl
ibanezgirl
12/20/2005 7:58 pm
I just finished reading all of the posts and I wanted to reply. I had only read half of them when I first posted.

You know what is racist? Pretending you don't feel a certain way about a certain group for fear of being judged and called a racist.

It's not ok for me to say "Lots of black people talk too loudly in a movie theater" because I'm part black. That's racist.

Anyone can say it.

I whisper in the movies, by the way. :p

Why are people afraid of honesty?

The way to destroy all forms of prejudice is through honesty.

Yes, white people went to Africa and brought slaves to this country. If Africans themselves didn't have slaves to sell, Africans would not have been slaves in this country. Africans are just as responsible for slaves being brought to America as whites are.

White people don't owe blacks (or any other ethnic group) anything.

You want to know what offends me? Anyone calling me African American. That's the only thing I find offensive.

Why, you ask? The person calling me that thinks they are being respectful. No one bothered to ask me if it was ok with me to be called that.

It also cancels out any other race that I am mixed with in the mind of the person calling me African.

I don't want to be called african, indian, jewish, or black. I want to be called human.
You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl.
# 19
MSF06
HAZMAT
MSF06
HAZMAT
12/20/2005 11:51 pm
Originally Posted by: ibanezgirlWhy, you ask? The person calling me that thinks they are being respectful. No one bothered to ask me if it was ok with me to be called that.

It also cancels out any other race that I am mixed with in the mind of the person calling me African.

Not to mention, not all black people in America came from Africa.;)

MSF :cool:
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Practice does not make you perfect. Perfect practice makes you perfect.[/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.