View post (Christmas Problems)

View thread

ibanezgirl
ibanezgirl
12/20/2005 7:58 pm
I just finished reading all of the posts and I wanted to reply. I had only read half of them when I first posted.

You know what is racist? Pretending you don't feel a certain way about a certain group for fear of being judged and called a racist.

It's not ok for me to say "Lots of black people talk too loudly in a movie theater" because I'm part black. That's racist.

Anyone can say it.

I whisper in the movies, by the way. :p

Why are people afraid of honesty?

The way to destroy all forms of prejudice is through honesty.

Yes, white people went to Africa and brought slaves to this country. If Africans themselves didn't have slaves to sell, Africans would not have been slaves in this country. Africans are just as responsible for slaves being brought to America as whites are.

White people don't owe blacks (or any other ethnic group) anything.

You want to know what offends me? Anyone calling me African American. That's the only thing I find offensive.

Why, you ask? The person calling me that thinks they are being respectful. No one bothered to ask me if it was ok with me to be called that.

It also cancels out any other race that I am mixed with in the mind of the person calling me African.

I don't want to be called african, indian, jewish, or black. I want to be called human.
You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl.