Christmas Problems


Blues_Man
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 600
Is anyone else pissed off at people trying to censor christmas?! Most of the "Holiday" catalogs i looked through all say,"Hanukah, Kwanza, etc." But when it comes to christmas trees and decorations they just say, "Holiday" not Christmas, "Holiday!" Christmas is not a just a seasonal holiday, it's a holiday for Christians! Hence the name CHRIST-MAS! Just like people who are Jewish Celebrate Hanukah. They Celebrate it because it is a Jewish Holiday. My point is , They don't censor anybody elses holiday! Is anyone else here mad at this?
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 1
stackny
Registered User
Joined: 08/19/05
Posts: 785
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManIs anyone else pissed off at people trying to censor christmas?! Most of the "Holiday" catalogs i looked through all say,"Hanukah, Kwanza, etc." But when it comes to christmas trees and decorations they just say, "Holiday" not Christmas, "Holiday!" Christmas is not a just a seasonal holiday, it's a holiday for Christians! Hence the name CHRIST-MAS! Just like people who are Jewish Celebrate Hanukah. They Celebrate it because it is a Jewish Holiday. My point is , They don't censor anybody elses holiday! Is anyone else here mad at this?


Amen my man. People are celebrating a Christian holiday and trying to take the meaning out of it. Now lets put 2 and 2 together here...........Ugh, its frustrating.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 2
3rd_degreeburn
Registered User
Joined: 10/14/04
Posts: 163
This country has lost its religious roots. It was founded on Christianity. Now we cant even say Merry Christmas without some liberals or athiests getting their panties in a wad...
# 3
Fenderalltheway
Registered User
Joined: 10/03/05
Posts: 439
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManIs anyone else pissed off at people trying to censor christmas?! Most of the "Holiday" catalogs i looked through all say,"Hanukah, Kwanza, etc." But when it comes to christmas trees and decorations they just say, "Holiday" not Christmas, "Holiday!" Christmas is not a just a seasonal holiday, it's a holiday for Christians! Hence the name CHRIST-MAS! Just like people who are Jewish Celebrate Hanukah. They Celebrate it because it is a Jewish Holiday. My point is , They don't censor anybody elses holiday! Is anyone else here mad at this?


Yeah, see, I'm Jewish, and though the non-stop chrismas songs on my radio do get annoying after a bit...(no offense), I do tottaly understand. I mean its the main American religion for Gods sake!!!!I mean, even though I'm not christian, I have respect for all you, and i think it's pointless saying "holiday", I'm with you all the way on this one.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 4
iiholly
hmm
Joined: 07/29/02
Posts: 2,368
They're just words, so I don't care about the holiday or christmas thing. I say we should call it what it is. A christmas tree is not a holiday tree. A menorah is not a holiday candle holder.

Ah well, my christmas problem is lack of money to buy everyone gifts. So I guess i'll do a little strip tease, is that against the spirit of the holiday?

# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Joined: 01/18/01
Posts: 6,242
:D :D :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
Blues_Man
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by: FenderallthewayYeah, see, I'm Jewish, and though the non-stop chrismas songs on my radio do get annoying after a bit...(no offense



Yeah, I'm a christian , and the non stop christmas songs get annoying really quick :D

But seriously though, Why not call all the holidays by their actual names, instead of just generalizing Christmas as "Holiday" or "Seasonal"? I mean , I don't get offended if someone says, "happy Hanukah" or something like that.
It's not that big of a deal.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 7
Akira
Registered User
Joined: 02/01/04
Posts: 6,370
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburnNow we cant even say Merry Christmas without some liberals or athiests getting their panties in a wad...


Actually, I'm an atheist, yet I believe that it is pretty stupid to, in effect, censor the word "Christmas"; I HATE political correctness, it just plain does my head in.
You can now find me >here<
# 8
Danny C.
Registered User
Joined: 06/07/05
Posts: 262
I have been thinking the exact same thing and was going to start a thread saying the same thing so I tip my hat to you Blues man. All these stores like K-Mart Sears Walmart changing it to "holiday" makes me sooo mad. I am a Christian and I don't see how even if I wasn't a Christian, how saying Merry Christmas to someone could offend them. I am glad sales are down at the stores which have refused to say Christmas, because they had it coming.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
Joined: 08/14/04
Posts: 3,837
I hate that. if a jew came up to me and said "happy hanukah" I wouldn't be offended. so why is it that everyone else gets offended if you say "merry christmas" to them.

I say we start buring down the major corporations that are doing this. starting with safeway, because I work there, and I hate my job (but we have to make sure my managers are still inside when it burns to the ground.. I would love to see them dead)

boy, I've really got the "holiday" spirit flowing through me, don't I?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 10
ericthecableguy
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 1,929
I agree with this.
I was Christmas shopping with my neighbor today and everyone was saying "Happy Holidays". You could say "happy holidays' in the summer, or march break, it's just stupid.
And 'political correctness' is stupid because it's someone else telling us what's correct, and it's hard to be politically correct when every year they add more things to the sensitivity list.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 11
ericthecableguy
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 1,929
O, by the way....
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 12
Akira
Registered User
Joined: 02/01/04
Posts: 6,370
For once i'm taking the Christian side on this one.
You can now find me >here<
# 13
elklandercc
Full Access
Joined: 02/20/05
Posts: 2,714
I'm suprised that the dollar still says "In God We Trust."
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 14
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Joined: 09/07/03
Posts: 5,457
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings:D :D :D

You dirty old man, you!

Merry Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Chappy Chanukkah!

Krazy Kwanza?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 15
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
Joined: 01/11/05
Posts: 1,368
MERRY CHRISTMAS.......no matter what your celebrating............MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 16
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
Joined: 01/11/05
Posts: 1,368
I guess we could always say......HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 17
ericthecableguy
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 1,929
Ha! On Saturday night live, on weekend update, Amy Poehler goes,
"Just a reminder, only 7 more days till...holiday"
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 18
Danny C.
Registered User
Joined: 06/07/05
Posts: 262
Originally Posted by: bigbudaI guess we could always say......HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!


Boy I bet there would be an uproar over that. Merry Christmas to you all anyways (no offense to anyone :p )

I saw on the news about a week ago that some people are wanting to have the memorial crosses on the side of the road where troopers have lost their lives in the line of duty taken off the side of the road because the crosses offend them. That makes me mad!
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 19
Blues_Man
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by: Danny C.

I saw on the news about a week ago that some people are wanting to have the memorial crosses on the side of the road where troopers have lost their lives in the line of duty taken off the side of the road because the crosses offend them. That makes me mad!



It's those kind of people that don't need to be reproducing :p

If your one of those people previously mentioned, and that offended you, lets have a talk later because, I dont care :D
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 20