crrrrrrrrrruuunnncchhhhh!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/05/2005 12:25 am
so, today, I drove to church, got into the parking lot, and was trying to find a place to park... I wasn't having much luck. and there was this big ass 15-passenger van in one parking spot, and as I'm driving past it, I notice a parking spot next to it. of course, I didn't know the spot was empty until I was driving past it almost because the van was so big... but I tried to pull into the spot anyway... and hit the back bumper of the jeep on the other side of the parking spot.. :(

well, after the church service, my parents talked the owner, and apparently someone had hit her in the same exact place 2 weeks earlier, so she couldn't really even tell I had hit her, even though there was a good sized dent on the bumper. well, she said it was no big deal, and didn't make me have to pay for it even! so I lucked out there... but my parents told me I have to fix their car... and me driving a honda civic, took alot more damage then they did... the fender was bent, the whole casing of the right turn signal was shattered, the headlight is not straight anymore, the font bumper was hanging a little lower, and the hood had a dent in it that made it pop up a bit... this is probably going to be expensive... and I will probably end up spending most of the money I had saved up to buy my own car :( not to mention I probably won't be able to get any new gear for a while now.

and I'm just having an overall very bad day. grr... I want the day to be over... but in about 15 minutes, I have to go back to work for another 5 hours. hopefully this is just a bad day, not the start of a bad week, or month, or getting an early start for a bad year of 2006... but yeah, there was my excitement for the day, to anyone that cares.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
stackny
stackny
12/05/2005 12:41 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsso, today, I drove to church, got into the parking lot, and was trying to find a place to park... I wasn't having much luck. and there was this big ass 15-passenger van in one parking spot, and as I'm driving past it, I notice a parking spot next to it. of course, I didn't know the spot was empty until I was driving past it almost because the van was so big... but I tried to pull into the spot anyway... and hit the back bumper of the jeep on the other side of the parking spot.. :(

well, after the church service, my parents talked the owner, and apparently someone had hit her in the same exact place 2 weeks earlier, so she couldn't really even tell I had hit her, even though there was a good sized dent on the bumper. well, she said it was no big deal, and didn't make me have to pay for it even! so I lucked out there... but my parents told me I have to fix their car... and me driving a honda civic, took alot more damage then they did... the fender was bent, the whole casing of the right turn signal was shattered, the headlight is not straight anymore, the font bumper was hanging a little lower, and the hood had a dent in it that made it pop up a bit... this is probably going to be expensive... and I will probably end up spending most of the money I had saved up to buy my own car :( not to mention I probably won't be able to get any new gear for a while now.

and I'm just having an overall very bad day. grr... I want the day to be over... but in about 15 minutes, I have to go back to work for another 5 hours. hopefully this is just a bad day, not the start of a bad week, or month, or getting an early start for a bad year of 2006... but yeah, there was my excitement for the day, to anyone that cares.

Hey man, **** happens. First time I ever drove when I got my permit, I was backing out of my driveway totally oblivious to the car parked directly across the street from my driveway and I smacked into. Didnt have to pay anything on the lady's car, but it was about 900 bucks to fix the dent on our Impala.

Honestly I think it was good for me because it lowered my confidence and made me think about those kinda things.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/05/2005 12:45 am
That sucks dude. I'm glad you're alright though. When starting out driving, you really need to learn to pay attention to everything around you, and to not get in a hurry! Be patient, and take your time. Just because you have your license doesn't mean you're a good driver. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching to you, but I see so many kids that just get their license and act like they know everything there is to know about driving. Usually they end up in an accident, or causing an accident. Driving is a huge responsability. You have to power to kill and the vulnerability to be killed. As long as you understand that, and respect the priviallage that has been given to you, you'll be ok. Good luck with getting the car fixed.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/05/2005 2:49 am
Cheer up dude. It's almost Christmas.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
Danny C.
Danny C.
12/05/2005 3:26 am
I once tore the mirror off of my dads powerstroke pickup taking my date to prom. :o
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/05/2005 3:41 am
I hate to sound uncaring, but you need to learn how to drive. There's no good excuse for running into a parked jeep.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/05/2005 3:59 am
(heavy upper crust brittish accent) "jesus saves you say?...well apparently not fenders." :eek:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 7
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/05/2005 4:36 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthe fender was bent, the whole casing of the right turn signal was shattered, the headlight is not straight anymore, the font bumper was hanging a little lower, and the hood had a dent in it that made it pop up a bit...

How fast were you going?!?!? :confused: :eek:
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 8
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/05/2005 4:45 am
One time several years ago I pulled up to the fire zone in the front of our local Wal-mart and parked with it running to get out real quick and grab a coke from the machine. Yet as I'm putting the money in, I notice that my truck is rolling backwards and gaining speed fairly quickly (obviously it was in reverse, not park)...I run around and try to stop it in time, but to no avail. It smashed into some minivan's back bumper that was in the handicap space. This white trash couple who had just parked it were all, "what the hell?!" The husband was a real prick about it. He asked his wife if she was ok. She said yes, but he wanted to call an ambulance anyway, asking if her neck is ok. Then he started rambling about how it's stuff like this that causes lawsuits. He was all, "my lawyer is Jewish, and you know how greedy they are!" I could only apologize again, but his stubborn anger and apparent desire to fraud and suck any money he could was really pissing me off by now. So I just walked back over to the coke machine to wait for the cops, before it escalated any further. It worked out ok in the end though...he never sued and my insurance took care of everything regarding his vehicle (it really was nothing more than a fender bender). In hindsight it could've been alot worse...a truck out of control could've easily ran over a pedestrian. But be grateful you didn't run into white trash...I guess it helped you were in your own church parking lot.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/05/2005 6:29 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI hate to sound uncaring, but you need to learn how to drive. There's no good excuse for running into a parked jeep.[/QUOTE]
of all the things I want to say here, I won't say any of them, because they would get me banned..
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanHow fast were you going?!?!? :confused: :eek:

maybe 5 or 6... too fast to be taking corner like that..
[quote=ericthecableguy]Cheer up dude. It's almost Christmas.

true... I will be getting some gear soon afterall actually. my mom apparently ordered me something from musicians friend, but the confirmation e-mail got sent to me somehow. lol. so she made me go in and delete it without seeing it.. which is ok, I don't want to ruin the surprise.. but I do know I'm getting some gear for christmas! other then that, I don't have much to be happy about christmas for... if I hear one more christmas song, I think I might jump off a bridge. and people are becoming irratable and rude for the holidays already.
my spyspace
# 10
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/05/2005 6:34 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsof all the things I want to say here, I won't say any of them, because they would get me banned..

That's what email and private messages are for.

Btw, joking about jumping off of bridges or other methods of suicide is a very bad habit to get into.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/05/2005 6:37 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiThat's what email and private messages are for.

Btw, joking about jumping off of bridges or other methods of suicide is a very bad habit to get into.

who said I was joking?

and I won't e-mail or pm you, I'll just let you know, plain and simple without swearing, that I found your post rude and offensive.
my spyspace
# 12
stackny
stackny
12/05/2005 7:15 am
As I said, **** happens. People make mistakes. Just because 6strngs made a mistake doesnt mean he doesnt know how to drive. Happens to lots of people, good drivers included. My mom has backed into the cars in our own driveway multiple times....never damaged anything, but shes a good driver, and just made a careless mistake.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 13
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/05/2005 7:22 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanHow fast were you going?!?!? :confused: :eek:

Faster than MALMSETEEEN, BUT KNOT BATIO 4 SURE!!!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 14
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/05/2005 2:57 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswho said I was joking?

You made it clear that you have no intention of killing yourself in the near future in the sports thread.

I meant to say it was on my list of things to do before I die, so I probably won't do it until I'm out of college and with a career set up.so probably mid to late 20's

-A.H.
# 15
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/05/2005 3:07 pm
Let's just chill out! 6strngs was in an accident, show a little simpathy. It might have been a careless accident, but who doesn't make careless mistakes.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 16
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/05/2005 3:54 pm
I wrecked my car when I was 16 and on my learners permit with my Mom in the passenger seat. We were dropping off my brother at my Dad's so that my step-mom could take him to the airport so that he could go back to Florida. Well in the 15 minutes or so that we're there I get into a fight with my stepmom and am raging pissed (she was yelling at me for not calling when I was out late a few nights before even though I was with my 26 year old brother). Any ways, me and my mom take off and I'm extremely angry. I'm cussing out my stepmom and doing about 45-50 MPH on a gravel road. Within moments I go around a curve, loose control of the ass-end of my Grand Am, fishtail for a little bit and then ditch it hard. I learned the valuable lesson of not driving whilst being pissed off that day. And if you are pissed off when you're driving to not let it affect your decisions.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 17
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/05/2005 4:14 pm
It happens to the best of us man! I wrecked my first truck by smashing into the rear of another truck at a stop sign. I was rubbernecking at some chicks and......BAM......Hit the dude so hard his head snapped back and smashed the rear glass of his truck. It wasn't pretty and it cost my family alot of cash to get the whole thing taken care of. Glad your ok, that's what matters most.
:cool:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 18
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/05/2005 5:55 pm
My first wreck was about 8 months after I got my license (I was 15). I was acting a fool, and popped the clutch going around a curve on a dirt road, to purposefully cause it to fishtail. Unfortunately, 3rd gear had more umph too it than I thought. So, I start spinning around and hit a little dich sideway's which caused the truck to turn over on it's side. 4 years later I ended up totaling the truck driving home extremely tired and sleepy on a road I was unfamiliar with. A curve on the other side of some train tracks snuck up on me. While trying to hold it on the road, I sideswiped a big tree, which caved the bed in on the back right tire, messed the back of the cab up, knocked the back window out, threw the toolbox way out in a field, and tore the driveshaft loose. I was lucky to walk away without a scratch, but I still miss that truck.

I unfortunately had to learn several lessons the hard way, but am a much safer driver because of them. I just hope that some people can learn those lessons from my mistakes, instead of figuring them out the hard way.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 19
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
12/05/2005 6:17 pm
jesus saves!!!! not fenders though apparently.......... ;)
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.