View post (crrrrrrrrrruuunnncchhhhh!)

View thread

stackny
stackny
12/05/2005 12:41 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsso, today, I drove to church, got into the parking lot, and was trying to find a place to park... I wasn't having much luck. and there was this big ass 15-passenger van in one parking spot, and as I'm driving past it, I notice a parking spot next to it. of course, I didn't know the spot was empty until I was driving past it almost because the van was so big... but I tried to pull into the spot anyway... and hit the back bumper of the jeep on the other side of the parking spot.. :(

well, after the church service, my parents talked the owner, and apparently someone had hit her in the same exact place 2 weeks earlier, so she couldn't really even tell I had hit her, even though there was a good sized dent on the bumper. well, she said it was no big deal, and didn't make me have to pay for it even! so I lucked out there... but my parents told me I have to fix their car... and me driving a honda civic, took alot more damage then they did... the fender was bent, the whole casing of the right turn signal was shattered, the headlight is not straight anymore, the font bumper was hanging a little lower, and the hood had a dent in it that made it pop up a bit... this is probably going to be expensive... and I will probably end up spending most of the money I had saved up to buy my own car :( not to mention I probably won't be able to get any new gear for a while now.

and I'm just having an overall very bad day. grr... I want the day to be over... but in about 15 minutes, I have to go back to work for another 5 hours. hopefully this is just a bad day, not the start of a bad week, or month, or getting an early start for a bad year of 2006... but yeah, there was my excitement for the day, to anyone that cares.

Hey man, **** happens. First time I ever drove when I got my permit, I was backing out of my driveway totally oblivious to the car parked directly across the street from my driveway and I smacked into. Didnt have to pay anything on the lady's car, but it was about 900 bucks to fix the dent on our Impala.

Honestly I think it was good for me because it lowered my confidence and made me think about those kinda things.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.