View post (crrrrrrrrrruuunnncchhhhh!)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/05/2005 4:45 am
One time several years ago I pulled up to the fire zone in the front of our local Wal-mart and parked with it running to get out real quick and grab a coke from the machine. Yet as I'm putting the money in, I notice that my truck is rolling backwards and gaining speed fairly quickly (obviously it was in reverse, not park)...I run around and try to stop it in time, but to no avail. It smashed into some minivan's back bumper that was in the handicap space. This white trash couple who had just parked it were all, "what the hell?!" The husband was a real prick about it. He asked his wife if she was ok. She said yes, but he wanted to call an ambulance anyway, asking if her neck is ok. Then he started rambling about how it's stuff like this that causes lawsuits. He was all, "my lawyer is Jewish, and you know how greedy they are!" I could only apologize again, but his stubborn anger and apparent desire to fraud and suck any money he could was really pissing me off by now. So I just walked back over to the coke machine to wait for the cops, before it escalated any further. It worked out ok in the end though...he never sued and my insurance took care of everything regarding his vehicle (it really was nothing more than a fender bender). In hindsight it could've been alot worse...a truck out of control could've easily ran over a pedestrian. But be grateful you didn't run into white trash...I guess it helped you were in your own church parking lot.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]