You are a guitar player when...(keep it going)

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/19/2005 5:12 am
That's a good one.

You can think of real uses for old guitar strings. For example, they make excellent radio antenna extensions. I'm serious, give it a try next time you're getting bad reception.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/19/2005 1:45 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraThey're also good for tying around things for security.

Oh darn!

And they're also good for playing guitar.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/19/2005 9:32 pm
Vacations, road trips, holidays, even most overnight stays...yep, yer gonna bring at least an acoustic along even if sacrificing room for other luggage.
You have a room in your house called the "guitar room".
You start feeling withdrawal symptoms if you can't play for some reason.

Originally Posted by: PRSplayawhen you keep a stack of guitar magazines and a guitar in the bathroom.

Definitely...Musician's Friend, Stewmac, Guitar One, American Musical Supply all grace my bathroom.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
11/20/2005 1:24 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayawhen you keep a stack of guitar magazines and a guitar in the bathroom.

i lost 7 years worth of guitar world issues in the hurricane! not to mention about 6 years worth of AMS, musician's friend, and the assorted sam ash or other various catelogs that'd come across my mailing address.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 4
Shredda_42
Shredda_42
11/20/2005 6:30 am
Originally Posted by: R. Shackleferd
You start feeling withdrawal symptoms if you can't play for some reason.

Yeah i went on this 75km bike ride school camp thingo for 3 days and i started shaking by the third day coz i hadn't played..and tomorrow im leaving for another school camp for 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how i'm going to survive without my usual 5 hours a day practise
[FONT=Impact]_,.-'`^`'-.,_"Shredda"_,.-'`^`'-.,_[/FONT]
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/20/2005 8:24 am
Originally Posted by: Shredda_42I don't know how i'm going to survive without my usual 5 hours a day practise

:eek: :eek: :eek: this is when you know you have WAAAAAYYYY too much free time...

if you need something to hold you over, try this finger excercise: first put your hand on a flat surface, so that your palm is lifted off the table, and only your figertips are touching the surface. now lift your index and ring finger up simultaneously, then put them back down and lift your middle and pinky fingers, then put them back down. continue repeating that. it builds finger coordination. and if that's too easy, try doing both hands at the same time! now that takes coordination!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 6
Shredda_42
Shredda_42
11/20/2005 11:04 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs

if you need something to hold you over, try this finger excercise: first put your hand on a flat surface, so that your palm is lifted off the table, and only your figertips are touching the surface. now lift your index and ring finger up simultaneously, then put them back down and lift your middle and pinky fingers, then put them back down. continue repeating that. it builds finger coordination. and if that's too easy, try doing both hands at the same time! now that takes coordination!

omg thankyou...i needed something to keep me sane for the 5 days..that is really hard..on friday ill tell you that i can do it well with both hands..so instead of playin guitar for 5 hours ill be doing that thing with my fingers for five hours..thanks
[FONT=Impact]_,.-'`^`'-.,_"Shredda"_,.-'`^`'-.,_[/FONT]
# 7
markc2005
markc2005
11/20/2005 3:20 pm
Originally Posted by: Shredda_42omg thankyou...i needed something to keep me sane for the 5 days..that is really hard..on friday ill tell you that i can do it well with both hands..so instead of playin guitar for 5 hours ill be doing that thing with my fingers for five hours..thanks

that is seriously quite difficult!!!!!!!! i think my hand mite be posesed cos the other fingures try n go up at the same time
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 8
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
11/21/2005 1:39 am
when you love your guitar more than your girlfriend/wife
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/21/2005 1:53 am
Originally Posted by: Fenderallthewaywhen you love your guitar more than your girlfriend/wife

Haha, if only.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/21/2005 2:01 am
Originally Posted by: Fenderallthewaywhen you love your guitar more than your girlfriend/wife

When you don't date because you think it will interfere with your guitar playing time. Which it will, so don't date.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/21/2005 7:22 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWhen you don't date because you think it will interfere with your guitar playing time. Which it will, so don't date.

wow... I don't know what's up with some of you guys... seriously, I enjoy playing my guitar... and I don't have very much time to play mine lately. though it seems that everytime I sit to play for 5 minutes, it turns into 45 minutes. but I wouldn't swear off women just to play my guitar.

not all women are so great though... and if you've read at least the first part of my "and that's it?" thread, then you know what I mean.

oh well, guess I won't let this bother me. you keep doing what you do, I'll keep doing what I do.
my spyspace
# 12
SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
11/21/2005 10:12 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrstry this finger excercise: first put your hand on a flat surface, so that your palm is lifted off the table, and only your figertips are touching the surface. now lift your index and ring finger up simultaneously, then put them back down and lift your middle and pinky fingers, then put them back down. continue repeating that. it builds finger coordination. and if that's too easy, try doing both hands at the same time! now that takes coordination!

OMG lol i just did that on my desk like a piece of cake, i dont know, i did it with one hand effortlessly i was like "uhh ok" then i read on and you said "if that was too easy try this" and i just did it right now with both hands with nearly zero effort my hands look like spiders. I have really good hand eye coordination i guess, it wasnt really a challenge and everyone is liek WOW THATS HARD. :confused:
---iiholly
My friend died rock climbing on Saturday. He was drunk though... and he didn't normally rock climb. [...] I'm not too good with death.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
I hesitate to take a post from iiholly seriously...
---iiholly
Well, Mike dying is pretty serious to me. I couldn't have stopped it, I wasn't there.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
sorry, ok, i thought it might have been a joke, I'm terribly sorry
---Akira
This thread has turned out well.
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/21/2005 4:58 pm
Originally Posted by: SoulDistortionOMG lol i just did that on my desk like a piece of cake, i dont know, i did it with one hand effortlessly i was like "uhh ok" then i read on and you said "if that was too easy try this" and i just did it right now with both hands with nearly zero effort my hands look like spiders. I have really good hand eye coordination i guess, it wasnt really a challenge and everyone is liek WOW THATS HARD. :confused:

were you doing it slowly? try doing it as fast as you can! the faster you go, the harder it is.

and you have good finger coordination then. how long have you been playing guitar?
my spyspace
# 14
equator
equator
11/21/2005 5:10 pm
you dip a nacho into the melted cheese and then you realize the nacho was really a pick.
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/21/2005 5:33 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswow... I don't know what's up with some of you guys... seriously, I enjoy playing my guitar... and I don't have very much time to play mine lately. though it seems that everytime I sit to play for 5 minutes, it turns into 45 minutes. but I wouldn't swear off women just to play my guitar.

not all women are so great though... and if you've read at least the first part of my "and that's it?" thread, then you know what I mean.

oh well, guess I won't let this bother me. you keep doing what you do, I'll keep doing what I do.

At least one friend of mine has seen me shift into what can only be describe as insanity because I couldn't stop laughing to the point where it was just absurd all because I had an idea for the guitar and thought it would be cool.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
11/23/2005 4:34 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonHaha, if only.

...haha, ya...
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 17
rockonn91
rockonn91
11/23/2005 4:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWhen you don't date because you think it will interfere with your guitar playing time. Which it will, so don't date.

yeah, that just sounded a WHOLE lot like the "and thats it" thread- just substituting "guitar" for "god".
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 18
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
11/23/2005 4:57 pm
When you can get over 100 replies about this subject on an internet messageboard.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 19
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/23/2005 5:15 pm
when you try to pay the cashier with picks instead of change.

can't remember if that's already been posted or not
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.