proposal suggestions

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/02/2005 12:50 am
Well, I don't know if you really should get your idea of the guitar tricks forum. I can just imagine having a discussion with my husband a few years down the line (even though I don't have a husband, or anthing remotely close to it)...

"oh how did you think of that idea to propose to me"
"uh... well.... to be honest i got it off this message board"

I don't know, just the idea seems kind of weird. I mean it should come from your head and heart, so that way its more real or something. But it'll still be interesting to say what you guys have to say.

(I have no suggestions by the way, I'd rather have a proposal guitar then a ring. I never got the use of expensive jewelry.)

# 1
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
05/02/2005 12:54 am
I hear what you're saying. But I'm only looking for suggestions. I *do* have a few ideas, but I'm not positive what to do yet.
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/02/2005 12:54 am
"Hey, baby, why don't you and me do the wedding tango?"
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/02/2005 1:03 am
I'd definitely go with Jolly's line. The idea doesn't even matter after that.

# 4
ake
ake
05/02/2005 2:52 am
Iv'e popped the question a couple of times and had it popped on me once. So you might say Iv'e had a little experience. There really is no right or wrong way as long as you're sincere. All my wives were wonderful women!! It was me with my drinkin, lieing and hangin out in smokey bars and beer joints that destroyed my marriages and almost killed me too. Marriage is a sacred thing. Do not approach it like I did "oh well if this dosen't work out, I'll find somebody else" This is probably a lecture you've already heard. ALWAYS allow your'e partner the dignity to be whoever they want to be. If you think you can change somebody after you're married; heartbreak and lonelyness will be frequent words in the lyrics you write when they see thru your BS. My lady now says I'm a good man. I ought to be Iv'e had lots of practice. Make it work the first time, young squire. Peace.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/02/2005 1:56 pm
Just tie the ring to your johnson and whip it out and say "if you want this you're gonna have to come and get it".

Ok, joking aside, make it fancy, but don't make us puke because it's too fancy. Keep it realistic and don't step out of yourself.

And of course, my disclaimer. I have never had a girlfriend nor have I made any effort/thought towards anything and everything related. I hold no responsability for being off with anything suggested as I'm very inexperienced.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/03/2005 4:52 am
I wouldn't put the ring on an ice cream cone when she is not looking in the hopes that when she does look she will notice the ring and be really surprised.....because there is a good chance that she will not notice and eat the ring, it will get lodge in her throat, than some big fat guy with rancid BO has to come and give her the Heimlich, than the ring will fly out of her mouth land in the middle of the road during rush hour traffic, than just when you think there is a break in traffic and make a run for the ring a motorcycle comes out of nowhere hitting you at about 83 mph, nearly taking your head off, sending you to the hospital for 3 months, than when you finally got out of the hospital you look like Quasimodo, and your wife to be has already found another guy by that time, dumping your bell ringing ass on the curb....not speaking from personal experience or anything though.
1 Peter 2:16
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/03/2005 4:57 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretionsdon't step out of yourself.

Good advice. God knows that would make a HUGE mess.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 8
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/03/2005 5:11 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonGood advice. God knows that would make a HUGE mess.

And probaly would not help your chances of landing a wife.
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/03/2005 12:35 pm
Originally Posted by: crazywolfI wouldn't put the ring on an ice cream cone when she is not looking in the hopes that when she does look she will notice the ring and be really surprised.....because there is a good chance that she will not notice and eat the ring, it will get lodge in her throat, than some big fat guy with rancid BO has to come and give her the Heimlich, than the ring will fly out of her mouth land in the middle of the road during rush hour traffic, than just when you think there is a break in traffic and make a run for the ring a motorcycle comes out of nowhere hitting you at about 83 mph, nearly taking your head off, sending you to the hospital for 3 months, than when you finally got out of the hospital you look like Quasimodo, and your wife to be has already found another guy by that time, dumping your bell ringing ass on the curb....not speaking from personal experience or anything though.

Hell, just return the ring, get the money back, take her out to dinner and when she's not looking do absolutely nothing and after she's done eating panic like crazy and say "oh god you ate the right". Furthermore she'll start to panic and begin gagging herself in hopes that she barfs it up and most likely splash through her vomit trying to find the formarly gold band only to find stomach acid and predigested food. And just before she figures it out you can say "Gotcha" and you can both have a good laugh... Either that or she'll dump you on the spot and never turn back... Not speaking from personal experience or anything though.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 10
aschleman
aschleman
05/03/2005 7:44 pm
Those are all good suggestions... and... wildly sarcastic and outrageous scenarios... I'm giving my girlfriend a ring... not an engagement ring... just a ring... but she's been wanting to learn how to play guitar so I told her that I would build her one. Which I am in the process of doing... She wanted a pink one... we settled on Transparent Red. haha... anyway... she doesn't know how far along I am with the guitar but when I get it done I will suprise her with it and bring it out and let her play it... then I'll say "wait let me get you a pick" then she'll reach for the pick and instead she'll get a ring (to me... that would be a disappointment) but to her... it's somewhat of a big deal or something... I don't understand it. haha. But the guitar is going to cost around 900 dollars to build.. the ring was only 200 or so... haha!
# 11
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/03/2005 9:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsHell, just return the ring, get the money back, take her out to dinner and when she's not looking do absolutely nothing and after she's done eating panic like crazy and say "oh god you ate the right". Furthermore she'll start to panic and begin gagging herself in hopes that she barfs it up and most likely splash through her vomit trying to find the formarly gold band only to find stomach acid and predigested food. And just before she figures it out you can say "Gotcha" and you can both have a good laugh... Either that or she'll dump you on the spot and never turn back... Not speaking from personal experience or anything though.

Is your real name Ashton Kutcher?
That was amazing!!
What a great way to propose...by punking her!
# 12
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/04/2005 12:50 am
What does your g/f do for a living?
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 13
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
05/04/2005 1:03 am
Who, mine? She's a care aide and studying to become a psychiatric nurse. Love all the proposal scenarios, by the way. :rolleyes:
# 14
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/04/2005 4:38 am
dude, you gotta take something that she loves the most, and incorporate that into the proposal somehow... for example... my girlfriend loves disney princess movies... particularly sleeping beauty. I'm her knight in shining armor, and she's my princess... if I were to propose to her, I would take her to disneyland... take her right in front of sleeping beauty's castle, and then ask her if she would be my princess forever... so, hopefully, if you are going to marry her, then you know what her favorite things are, and what would mean the most to her. so think of something based on that
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/04/2005 5:58 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI'm imagining that in my head, it is very VERY cheesey. But cool!

Oh it would definitely be cheesy. In any guy's eyes it would be cheesy, but chicks dig that crap. Something to do with male superiority and sensitivity combined. Personally I'd find something the girl loves and hold it hostage rather than incorporate it with any plans of marrying her. Maybe that would get her to finally leave me. Of course if she'd been dating me long enough to the point that marriage came up, she'd probably be weird enough to see the "love" in it. In which case that would be bad... for me.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/04/2005 6:31 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsdude, you gotta take something that she loves the most, and incorporate that into the proposal somehow... for example... my girlfriend loves disney princess movies... particularly sleeping beauty. I'm her knight in shining armor, and she's my princess... if I were to propose to her, I would take her to disneyland... take her right in front of sleeping beauty's castle, and then ask her if she would be my princess forever... so, hopefully, if you are going to marry her, then you know what her favorite things are, and what would mean the most to her. so think of something based on that

See, I'd take it in a different direction. I'd ride in on a mighty steed wearing a suit of armor, and I'd knock down her door with a mace. Then I'd slay her family underfoot and carry her off to commemorate my victory of the mighty inlaw horde.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/04/2005 8:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonSee, I'd take it in a different direction. I'd ride in on a mighty steed wearing a suit of armor, and I'd knock down her door with a mace. Then I'd slay her family underfoot and carry her off to commemorate my victory of the mighty inlaw horde.

Damn right. Now that's how you propose.

Hulk Smash!!

# 18
SpeckledJim
SpeckledJim
05/04/2005 9:50 pm
this is some good stuff ive been hearing hear, i must find a pen so i can write it all down.
Fender telecaster (2004)
Ash body
# 19
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/05/2005 12:01 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonSee, I'd take it in a different direction. I'd ride in on a mighty steed wearing a suit of armor, and I'd knock down her door with a mace. Then I'd slay her family underfoot and carry her off to commemorate my victory of the mighty inlaw horde.

I'd use a dragon to torch everyone.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.