Lyrics

x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
02/25/2005 2:39 am
Alright, I need some feedback as to if i should keep writeing songs or not. How are this set of lyrics? Am I just an altogether crappy writer cause i need a strangers opinion.If you have anything at all to say about the lyrics, tips, ect. PlEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out. Its a punk song just so u have an idea.

Verse 1

On the edge of destruction,
Familiar faces, Ive been here before,
Pass me another cigarette,
Taken a wrong turn,
Now Im,
Lost in my head

Chorus

Lost all sense of direction,
Locked up in my head,
And there is no key,
Drunken with confusion,
In a maze of disallusion,
Even im not here to save me

thats all so far, Should I quit while im ahead? All comments welcome
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 1
Shadowborn
Shadowborn
02/25/2005 6:18 am
Should you quit while you're ahead? Definately not! Keep going bro!

Only "You" can hear the music in your head, and how it should sound.
That's the great thing about music..........., there is no right or wrong way to do it.

I believe that the more you do something, the better you get.
So if you really want to write songs, keep writing them. And in all likely-hood, you'll write some awesome songs.

I don't claim to be a "Lyricist", but I saw some cool lines in what you have written so far.

As far as advice, I can only offer what has seemed to help me the most..........., Write about something that interests "YOU", and don't try to please everyone else. Pick a theme that appeals to you and tell the story with whatever vibe you feel conveys it the best.

Best of luck bro, and keep writing! :cool:
If eyes are the mirror to the soul, you will see yourself as I see you
# 2
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
02/27/2005 6:42 pm
Originally Posted by: ShadowbornWrite about something that interests "YOU", and don't try to please everyone else. Pick a theme that appeals to you and tell the story with whatever vibe you feel conveys it the best.

I Definitely agree! If you are having fun writing, than nothing else matters.

Looks like you have a good start with your song. Just keep writing!!
1 Peter 2:16
# 3
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/28/2005 11:21 pm
like I said before, you cant really judge lyrics without the music behind it.

though you can judge the mood and feel to them or if its a peice of poetry.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 4
zelin
zelin
03/01/2005 4:44 am
I am sure there are several methods you can utilize in writing a tune. First, express yourself musically without being concerned with popular opinion. Second, your first song will always be your most personal tune, but to others it may not meet their approval. Third, why care...I'm am sure there have been great tunes that have never been heard by the masses. ;)
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/01/2005 4:59 am
I kinda feel the same way, in that I can't really tell if a lyric is any good without the music to go with it.
With that said tho, I think a really well written lyric should say something that reaches out to people. Not necessarily direct or anything, but having some kind of hidden meaning and a really good song structure.
If it's a tune you want to get on the charts or sell to a publisher, it's gotta be about a subject that's universally understood (love etc..), you have to stick to one viewpoint be it first, second or third person. Think about the setting and whether the story is one point in time or a memory or moving in time.
Ya gotta be able to sum up the whole song in one sentence if somebody asks you to describe what it's about. The title has to be memorable and if you really want to make money, the song should cross over more than one chart.
If it's got all that and a good hook, a decent singer and is cleverly written, ya should have a decent song.
Of course there's no real hard and fast rules, but it's a good idea to know what they are before you break them.
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/13/2005 6:16 pm
What..? Quit?? What is this balderdash I am hearing? Why quit? Look at it this way. Are you satisfied with what you wrote? If so then keep it going, you're onto something. If not then you've got a goal to shoot for next time you write, that being make it better. I think you should base your status in the music world on your on personal satisfaction as opposed to others' opinions on your quality. I personally don't think it matters what I think of your lyrics so I'm going to hold out on giving my thoughts. If you want to discuss lyric writing methods then that's a different topic and you'll probably get something out of me that way. But I can say this much, lyric writing is every bit of a craft of its own as playing guitar. Not everyone is a great lyricist from the get go. My first lyrics (that I still have for reasons unknown) really blew. As PonyOne said "they use teeth". But that was then. Our art grows with us. In some instances I will say the music behind the lyrics does make them work better, but not always, not for me anyway.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.