View post (Lyrics)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/13/2005 6:16 pm
What..? Quit?? What is this balderdash I am hearing? Why quit? Look at it this way. Are you satisfied with what you wrote? If so then keep it going, you're onto something. If not then you've got a goal to shoot for next time you write, that being make it better. I think you should base your status in the music world on your on personal satisfaction as opposed to others' opinions on your quality. I personally don't think it matters what I think of your lyrics so I'm going to hold out on giving my thoughts. If you want to discuss lyric writing methods then that's a different topic and you'll probably get something out of me that way. But I can say this much, lyric writing is every bit of a craft of its own as playing guitar. Not everyone is a great lyricist from the get go. My first lyrics (that I still have for reasons unknown) really blew. As PonyOne said "they use teeth". But that was then. Our art grows with us. In some instances I will say the music behind the lyrics does make them work better, but not always, not for me anyway.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.