Could it be?!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/02/2005 10:32 pm
I hate bein misquoted. I dont go about saying "GnR are the best band ever.. f you dont like them you dont like metal". Im 22 for goodness sake, I dont even talk about music cept for on the net.

My only point to this Thread was how cool it was that for the first time in the 6 years Ive had the net, and been checking GnR websites eagerly awaiting the new record, a member of the band has said its actually finished!

Then I was a bit surprised when the vibe I got was that you guys dont think it will be successful.

Here in the UK, virtually every issue of every magazine has had something on gnr. Everyone is desperate to hear what axls been up to all this time. Whether he produces the goods or not, surely the record is gona sell a heck of a lot. I remember the shockwave sent through the media when GnR played at the VMAs in 2002.

Ive heard 3 or 4 of the songs already. They played em live. One called madagascar, in my opinion, is up their with songs like November Rain and Estranged. And when asked if the 3 or 4 songs that the band were playing live, were the best on the album, axl just laughed!

I dont think the album will be anything short of a masterpiece.

The Illusions Albums released by GnR were unreal. I think the new GnR album will have a slightly dated sound to it.. it will sound 90s, but I dont think thats a bad thing.
# 1
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/02/2005 10:43 pm
Axl was a control freak... every song had to be perfect or he'd throw a fit and cry.

November Rain, along with many of GnRs later hits, was around before the first album. He was just such a perfectionist that he wouldnt release things unless he was totally happy with them!

I just believe in him.. and trust that it must be good otherwise he wouldnt release it.

As a GnR fan.. hearing him on stage in 2002 singing madagascar, it was just euphoric. It was.. I cant explain it... "Oh no I wont be told anymore!!!!!!!!!" :D

I probably come across as some loser with nothing better to do in his life than to hold onto a hope of happiness in the way of a record from some ginger girl. Its not like that though. Music is the backdrop to my life, GnR are important to me but not the be all and end all.
# 2
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/02/2005 11:17 pm
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1People still think Elvis is alive too.

he IS alive
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 3
02/03/2005 12:44 am
man im a big fan of gnr but you gotta know this isnt the reall gnr its just axl roses punk a** and some wannabes this album more likely gonna suck it mite
be good on some degree but it wont be close to gnr :(
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/03/2005 1:40 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseAxl was a control freak... every song had to be perfect or he'd throw a fit and cry.

November Rain, along with many of GnRs later hits, was around before the first album. He was just such a perfectionist that he wouldnt release things unless he was totally happy with them!...
[font=trebuchet ms]Uhh, so why does "Patience" have such sloppy acoustic guitar playing on it? Just for starters...[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/03/2005 3:51 am
Originally Posted by Axl_Rose
I was at a record fair last year and was chatting to a random guy who was looking for rush LPs. He said something Ive remembered ever since... its not anything exciting but something I thinks pretty true. He said "If you dont like Guns n Roses then you dont like Rock n Roll". I think thats kinda true. And its how I feel about Velvet Revolver, anyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!

Hmm.....I only mentioned the wrong band, same philosophy.

I don't see a misquote.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 6
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/04/2005 12:41 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Uhh, so why does "Patience" have such sloppy acoustic guitar playing on it? Just for starters...[/font]

Because Patience, and the other acoustic songs on that EP, were released in a hurry to give the fans something to listen to while they worked on the Illusions albums.

Any more questions? Im sure youll try your best to prove me wrong :rolleyes:
# 7
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/04/2005 12:46 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Hmm.....I only mentioned the wrong band, same philosophy.

I don't see a misquote.

I spoke of a guy I met at a record fair, and how he had a belief that "if you didnt like Gnr.. you didnt like Rock n Roll"...

I then said how "I think thats kinda true" (about velvet revolver.)

So what part of that is me being some guy who goes about saying to everyone "If you dont like GnR (or velvet revolver) you dont like metal".

Akira accused me of not accepting others peoples opinions and I think thats crap. I always say "I think" or "I believe", and I maybe challenge peoples opinions by saying "what about this or that" but Ive never confronted anyone and said they are plain wrong.
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/04/2005 3:28 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseIm sure youll try your best to prove me wrong

Why bother?

You're doing a fine job of it all by yourself.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/04/2005 5:27 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseBecause Patience, and the other acoustic songs on that EP, were released in a hurry to give the fans something to listen to while they worked on the Illusions albums...
[font=trebuchet ms]Whoohoohoohahahahaaaa!

PHHHHfffft!
[/font]

:D :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/04/2005 5:34 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovWhy bother?

BA-ZING!!!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 11
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/04/2005 11:49 am

Great contribution! Thats up there in the all time great come backs, along with the classic "I know you are, but what am I" when someone calls you a name :p

No wonder Lordathestrings has such a high post count.. its all spam!
# 12
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/04/2005 12:02 pm
This thread is gona get closed because people jump in and stir things.

It was going well for the first 2 pages. People posting in a calm civilised manner. Then along comes Lordathestrings acting like one of those kids from school who loved to watch fights. I dont see why you posted in this topic other than to antagonise me. Your first post was really ignorant. Your reply to my reason as to patience being sloppy just proves you have no interest in this topic other than to stir things.

And then along comes the moderator! Have you even read the thread? how have I proved myself wrong? The whole topic is an opinion, it cant be wrong.

All I was saying is that the new album will be out this year and its gona break records. Lots of people have been eagerly awaiting it for a very long time! :(
# 13
killerqueen
killerqueen
02/04/2005 1:00 pm

ooooo..... them's fightin words!
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 14
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/04/2005 4:03 pm
Axl (the singer) isnt even that good...

In Welcome the Jungle, all he does is screech and make noises as if hes having sex...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 15
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/04/2005 6:48 pm
He isnt a good singer?!?! I think one or two people would disagree with that. Hes got one of the most distinctive voices in rock history. Sometimes he was a bit too ruff and sounded off but the vocals on songs like 'Sweet Child' are classic. Not many other singers could make the lyircs "woa oh oh oh ohhh yea yea yeaaa" sound as cool as he did!
# 16
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/04/2005 9:22 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose
I then said how "I think thats kinda true" (about velvet revolver.)

So what part of that is me being some guy who goes about saying to everyone "If you dont like GnR (or velvet revolver) you dont like metal".
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Axl_Rose]
And its how I feel about Velvet Revolver, anyone who likes rock cant not like VR because they rock!!

Dude, you're in DENIAL.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 17
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/05/2005 1:11 am
*shakes head*

Pantallica... what the heck has that got to do with anything? I dont mind arguing with people but for god sake argue properly. Those two quotes are so far from the point its almost funny.

You cant quote certain parts of a quote! Thats called slander! I think the fact that a matter of words before the "VR are the best band ever, even pets love them, if pets dont love them then they dont love metal", I said "I THINK THATS KINDA TRUE!".

Anyway, the only part that made me get aggressive in this thread was akira accusing me of not accepting other peoples opinions. Which was crap because everyone opposed my proposal of GnR being massive and I didnt lose my rag and say people were wrong.

Im sick of people butting into threads with no intension other than to stir things or pick people up on silly mistakes or contradictions.

I dont freakin go around talking about music other than on here!! Just because some guy made a passing remark to me at a music fair 2 years doesnt disprove my claim of not speaking about music!!!

*gets off soapbox* :mad:
# 18
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/05/2005 1:13 am
Oh and in this weeks UK Kerrang mag, front page, "Chinese Democracy REviewed".. then you look inside and it the says "sort of". its a 2 page story on some mp3s they downloaded! Some of which are from the old GnR days!

UK magazines do this all the time to sell copies, and it works because if you put GnR on a mag in the UK is sells more.
# 19
paradyme
paradyme
02/05/2005 1:27 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941Axl (the singer) isnt even that good...

In Welcome the Jungle, all he does is screech and make noises as if hes having sex...

In fairness, Robert Plant did it in Whole Lotta Love, and creepy though it was, he's regarded as a good singer.

Henry Rollins tried the same stunt in the Black Flag song Slip it In, that made me almost puke, but that's another story for another time!

To back Axl up, the noises he makes (I think anyway) could be like a post-punk glam-influenced skat excercise- jazz singers used to do that stuff all the time- using their voice as an instrument but not necessarily singing words. Just another perspective.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.