Could it be?!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/31/2005 11:53 pm
After 10 years, an estimated 6 million dollars, and with around 30 artists reported to have contributed.. it appears the long awaited Guns n Roses album will be out this April!!!

Believe me I wouldnt start yet another of these threads if I didnt believe it was actually true!!

This week axl signed a new publishing deal for all forthcoming material, and today their drummer, tommy stinson, has confirmed the music for the record is finished and all that remains is the finalisation of cover art etc.

I cant believe its really about happen but the long awaited Chinese Democracy album will be out in a matter of months!!

I think its pretty obvious its going to redefine rock music. Whether people love it or not.. I think it will also be the fast selling, and one of the best selling albums of all time!!
# 1
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
02/01/2005 12:28 am
i dunno i'd say its gonna be a miss.....when u build up a hype towards an album release theres gonna be alot of pressure....but i personally aint lookin forward to it......axl's only original member on there and all i enjoyed guns n roses for was slash's guitar playin and it aint soundn too great with his new band velvet revolver....cant imagine how axl will sound....singin like he did back in the day.....its juss gonna look and sound depressin...he should find a new day job
# 2
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/01/2005 12:49 am
Remember when Metallica tried to hype up the release of Load. A sad day for Metal indeed.
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 3
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2005 1:34 am
GnR differ from bands like metallica in that GnR achieved an incredible amount in a matter of years.. then threw it all away. They only really functioned in the limelight for 4 years.. but look what they achieved.

I think GnR are one of the biggest bands in the word, even today. Their Greatest hits album was in the annual top 10 sellers in most european countries, beating the likes of Usher and Marron 5. GnR are still massive. Even appetite frequently pops into top 40 album charts across europe despite being 18 years old.

Take the net.. i really dont think there is a single band that out do GnR on popularity either. On ebay, GnR are one of the most collectable and searched.

Look at the media. They feature in virtually every issue of every magazine here in the UK. Every month Classic rock looks for an excuse to write about them.

Velvet Revolvers success has stemmed mainly from their media attension. But imagine how greatly discussed the new GnR album will be?! GnR have sold over 100 million records.. I think Chinese Democracy could add 30 to that.
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2005 1:38 am
Few bands inspire people to get up at 9am and buy their record on the day its released... I just think the mystery and magic that surrounds Guns n Roses is so great that people will be inspired.

GnR only had about 50 songs... but within those 50 you could have had a 3 disc greatest hits. No other band comes close to them on the "good to bad song ratio".

You could ask 20 people to name their fave GnR song and each answer could be different! Most bands only have a handful of classics.
# 5
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/01/2005 2:01 am
What about the Beatles on good to bad song ratio or Linkin Park?
# 6
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2005 3:14 am
Hmm... nah I think youd be crazy to say buckethead played the solos better than slash!! The classic example was bucketheads version of nightrain solo... he just plays it really fast and loses all the feeling that slash put into it.
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/01/2005 3:28 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose... I think its pretty obvious its going to redefine rock music. Whether people love it or not.. I think it will also be the fast selling, and one of the best selling albums of all time!!
[font=trebuchet ms]WhoooooooooHahahahahahahaaaaa! What a total crock! :p [/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/01/2005 3:56 am
wouldnt it suck it this was just a rumor...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 9
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/01/2005 4:07 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]WhoooooooooHahahahahahahaaaaa! What a total crock! :p [/font]

I agree.

Axl, man, you need to get off their jock. It's disturbing. You have a few issues man. You have to tell everyone about the album, and then explain to yourself that it's going to be good. You're constantly reassuring yourself as if you have to spread the Guns N Roses herpes onto everyone else.

The chances of this album redefining rock music is slim to none. There are tons of bands that have their fans wait outside the record store at 9am to buy their records:

Nsync
Backstreet Boys
Britney Spears
Ashlee Simpson

Those are just a few. There are diehard fans everywhere. Just calm down, take a deep breath.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 10
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/01/2005 4:56 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1... There are tons of bands that have their fans wait outside the record store at 9am to buy their records:

Nsync
Backstreet Boys
Britney Spears
Ashlee Simpson

Those are just a few. There are diehard fans everywhere. Just calm down, take a deep breath.
[font=trebuchet ms]Ouuuuuuuchhh!
:D[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
Kutzki
Kutzki
02/01/2005 6:26 am
you can say that again OUCH!
i would just like to say the Axe L man pulls a good punch
seriously GnR has like amazing songs
if someone asked me whats my favourite songs i couldnt name one
i would have to name around ten
CIVIL WAR!, YESTERDAY!, 14 YEARS!, i didnt even get to
SWEET CHIL'!,WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!, SHOTGUN BLUES!, GET IN THE RING! amazing so i think they got two thing over alot of bands SLASH's soul and solos
AND
they have made thee most memorable songs, they also did this in the 80's!!! which was filled with hair metal bands which we arent gona talk about (cus i personally dont mind ratt, judas priest, warrant, poison, but i didnt see them in Mistress cloths so whatever)

so i got your back GnR and i plan on BUYING that cd even if it bombs like Saint Anger (apoligize if you liked that album but i rather eat crap)

so you rock on AXEL DUDE rock on! :cool:
die hard fan right there!
very cool
you dont see so many die hard fans ok
Just as a side point to axel dude
Slash is the man
Axel not so much
thats how i see it thou
unless i mixed up there names again!!!! :confused:
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 12
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2005 10:34 am
I wouldnt say Im a die hard fan.. Im one of many people who have followed this band for years waiting patiently!

I rarely start threads about gnr, only mention them in polls.

Id bet everything I own that the new album will set records! I know people who hate guns n roses but are planning on buying the album simply outa curiosity.

The evidence for GnRs domination is endless! Even Yahoo pool rooms are named after guns n roses! Its like everywhere you go, even today, even 10 years after they disbanded, people are still as enthusiastic about them!

Even their Greatest hits album, which wasnt even bought by their fan base, sold about 6 million last year when it was released.
# 13
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/01/2005 12:26 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseI wouldnt say Im a die hard fan.. Im one of many people who have followed this band for years waiting patiently!

I rarely start threads about gnr, only mention them in polls.

Id bet everything I own that the new album will set records! I know people who hate guns n roses but are planning on buying the album simply outa curiosity.
The evidence for GnRs domination is endless! Even Yahoo pool rooms are named after guns n roses! Its like everywhere you go, even today, even 10 years after they disbanded, people are still as enthusiastic about them!

Even their Greatest hits album, which wasnt even bought by their fan base, sold about 6 million last year when it was released.

"Curiosity buys" don't count towards album greatness.
# 14
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2005 3:12 pm
Yea I know curiosity buying doesnt mean the records great.. but come on, how can people not expect it to sell incredibly well?!?! GnR are still one of the biggest bands in the world today...so I think people are gona be like "huh.. theres a new album by this band who disappeared for 10 years ago?!?! Jeez I might go buy it! :D "

But the reason it will sell well wont simply be because of the anticipation and media interest.. it will be because its axl rose. The guy is a legend!!

Buckethead isnt even in Guns n Roses anymore!!

Put it this way... I remember how wild people went when GnR turned up at the VMAs in 2002. That was a 10 minute set. Their tour was sold out in the UK and US before it went titz up. Which is now apparently meant to have been outwith the bands control.

The bottom line is GnR are one of the All time greats and they have a record coming out!!

I was never a great metallica fan but I made an effort to go out and buy St Anger (course I regret it now). Hopefully other people will be the same and give GnR a go.

I think you have to consider its axl rose. Hes an amazing artist.
# 15
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/01/2005 5:36 pm
I'll believe it when I see it, but if it is so, I hope I don't see it. Axl just needs to piss off (the real Axl).
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 16
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/02/2005 12:24 am
hehe, yea I forget my name is Axl on here. I tried to get SLash as my user name but as usual gits take the best names but then never use them!!!

My real names kriss, people call me torby though.. an abbreviation of my norwegian surname :P
# 17
Kutzki
Kutzki
02/02/2005 5:47 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaI'll believe it when I see it, but if it is so, I hope I don't see it. Axl just needs to piss off (the real Axl).

ya i have always like GnR but the old original one and ya know with duff n izzy in the scene, and i never liked Axl he seemed like another {homosexual} singer to me, he ant no legend, for what playin piano for november rain OOOO who gives two ****s, thats no biggy ok so i wouldnt go to say he is a legend cus Axl can just piss off hehe well said PRSplaya
rock on
GnR (original band) forever....or not........

{Edit: offensive language}
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 18
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/02/2005 12:09 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraTo the Axl that started the thread: what's the point in starting the thread if everytime someone says something different to what you think, you try prove them wrong?

That gets me mad. Have you even read the thread? I havent tried to prove anyone elses opinions wrong. Quote me if you want. Ive used phrases like "i think" a heck of a lot and Ive just offered some evidence and signs that suggest GnR will be massive again.

As for you predicting it will be crap.. why predict... they played 4 songs off the new album when they toured in 2002.. download them and see for yourself!
# 19
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/02/2005 10:09 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose

People still think Elvis is alive too.

Someone just killed Dimebag Darrell for supposedly breaking up Pantera.

Don't you realize that people live in the past. If Poison, or Whitesnake, or any of those bands put out another album all of the die hard 80s hair band rockers would be out buying it.

Look at Motley Crue for example. They have a national tour coming up.

Guns 'n' Roses had some good songs, don't get me wrong, but without the same band, it's not the same thing.

I will say that just because it has Guns 'N' Roses on it, some people will buy it, but that doesn't say anything about the greatest rock revolution or anything like that. **** Elvis still makes millions of dollars every year and he's DEAD.

Wait 'till it comes out, listen and if it's good post a review.

Not: "OMG GUNS N ROSES IS THE BEST BAND EVER AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, YOU'RE NOT A FAN OF METAL!!!" Which is the attitude you put out a lot.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.