View post (Could it be?!)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/02/2005 10:32 pm
I hate bein misquoted. I dont go about saying "GnR are the best band ever.. f you dont like them you dont like metal". Im 22 for goodness sake, I dont even talk about music cept for on the net.

My only point to this Thread was how cool it was that for the first time in the 6 years Ive had the net, and been checking GnR websites eagerly awaiting the new record, a member of the band has said its actually finished!

Then I was a bit surprised when the vibe I got was that you guys dont think it will be successful.

Here in the UK, virtually every issue of every magazine has had something on gnr. Everyone is desperate to hear what axls been up to all this time. Whether he produces the goods or not, surely the record is gona sell a heck of a lot. I remember the shockwave sent through the media when GnR played at the VMAs in 2002.

Ive heard 3 or 4 of the songs already. They played em live. One called madagascar, in my opinion, is up their with songs like November Rain and Estranged. And when asked if the 3 or 4 songs that the band were playing live, were the best on the album, axl just laughed!

I dont think the album will be anything short of a masterpiece.

The Illusions Albums released by GnR were unreal. I think the new GnR album will have a slightly dated sound to it.. it will sound 90s, but I dont think thats a bad thing.