The world is comming to an end!?!

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/09/2005 3:58 am
Regardless of the exact temperature mcdonalds does serve their coffee way too hot. It shouldn't be served at more than ~160 degrees (most people aren't comfortable drinking fluids much hotter than 140f).
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/09/2005 4:19 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiRegardless of the exact temperature mcdonalds does serve their coffee way too hot. It shouldn't be served at more than ~160 degrees (most people aren't comfortable drinking fluids much hotter than 140f).

It may be hot, but that lawsuit should've been dismissed. It's common knowledge that coffee's hot and shouldn't be placed between one's legs. No matter how hot the coffee is, I ain't holding it between my legs, or spilling it on myself.

If I spill something, that's supposed to be hot, on my own lap, I should be able to sue for 100s of millions of dollars? BS.

People can get away with lawsuits like this, which is why the world is coming to an end.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/09/2005 4:33 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1It may be hot, but that lawsuit should've been dismissed. It's common knowledge that coffee's hot and shouldn't be placed between one's legs. No matter how hot the coffee is, I ain't holding it between my legs, or spilling it on myself.

The problem wasn't that the coffee was hot, but rather that it was hot enough to case physical harm by burning. Even coffee served even hot enough to curdle milk won't do that.

If I spill something, that's supposed to be hot, on my own lap, I should be able to sue..?

If it's hot enough to scar you when it should only be hot enough to piss you off, yeah. Selling coffee that hot is like selling someone a car while knowing it'll explode if it wrecks at over 5 mph. You just don't do it.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
02/09/2005 5:48 am
The bottom line is: people are out to make an easy buck. My Aunt and Uncle got sued when their son (my cousin) and his friend were playing in the basement, and the friend tripped while playing on their tredmill. The boys parents sued the insurance company and got $25,000! They complained that theie son was unsupervised-the kids were around 8 years old! The extent of the boys injurys were minimal; he had maybe a small laceration or two. I don't even think he bled at all. $25,000!!!!!! Shoot, I'll fall on a tredmill going full speed for that kind of money!!
1 Peter 2:16
# 4
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/09/2005 8:41 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiException- judo.

Self defense really is more simple than most people make it out to be. It only takes five pounds of pressure to tear someone's ear off (rip from top to bottom). A kick to the inside of the kneecap can disable an assailant more effectively than a nut shot, often permanently. If you get ahold of a single finger and have a decent grip on it you can bend it backwards until it's laying across the back of the subject's forearm (many attempted rapes have been stopped by this). A hard palm up the nose will stop anyone dead in their tracks.

Moral of the story- don't ever try mugging anyone unless you're packing a firearm or halberd.

Dude I can't speak for everyone, but it seems to me that if someone tore my ear off that I would have to break their God damn neck. Which, by the way, is the weakest part of the body.
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/09/2005 1:43 pm
Here we go with the fighting again :rolleyes: Can't we just all get along :o
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/09/2005 3:30 pm
(I know your just joking prs)If we could all get along in this world,it would be great.Unfortunatley some people are prone to attacking people for money,rape and out of sheer hatred.

I dont think anyone is exempt from this worlds crap.Heck,even bill gates got a pie in the face(Love that video).
Try once,fail twice...
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/09/2005 4:07 pm
yes, I was only joking. Things were starting to get too serious. Especially in a thread started about diet V8 Splash :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8
Criblo
Criblo
02/09/2005 5:36 pm
No we're safe. The world will not end until Vin Diesel stars in a childrens Disney movie.

*glances at the TV and sees an ad for "The Pacifier."

God help us.
# 9
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/09/2005 7:38 pm
"Drink diet V8 Splash and fight like a dealy warrior in these end times!"
Try once,fail twice...
# 10
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/09/2005 7:59 pm
Originally Posted by: HambergDude I can't speak for everyone, but it seems to me that if someone tore my ear off that I would have to break their God damn neck. Which, by the way, is the weakest part of the body.

Most assailants like easy targets. Getting an ear ripped off most often hurts enough and is scary enough to disuade an attacker because it definitely demonstrates that one means business.

Seriously, who would you rather mug, a girl scout or someone who had every intention of disfiguring you for life?
-A.H.
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/09/2005 8:12 pm
Originally Posted by: CribloNo we're safe. The world will not end until Vin Diesel stars in a childrens Disney movie.

*glances at the TV and sees an ad for "The Pacifier."

God help us.

HA!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 12
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/09/2005 8:52 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiMost assailants like easy targets. Getting an ear ripped off most often hurts enough and is scary enough to disuade an attacker because it definitely demonstrates that one means business.

Seriously, who would you rather mug, a girl scout or someone who had every intention of disfiguring you for life?

Let me start by saying that Im not a mugger. With that out of the way, dude, Im just saying that if someone ripped my ear off I would be so pissed at them that I would break their neck. The anger would definately take over more so then the pain. Think about it, if someone disfigured you for life how pissed would you be?
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/09/2005 9:48 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiSeriously, who would you rather mug, a girl scout or someone who had every intention of disfiguring you for life?

probably the reason I've never been mugged... not even when walking down the street, alone, at midnight... it's either because they think I could take them, or because they think I'm broke.... both are very true...
what the heck is 567890?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 14
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/09/2005 10:30 pm
Hamberg,if the encounter has escalated to 'ear ripping' then you can rest assured that person will break your neck or something just as severe after ripping your ear off.No doubt you would be pissed about a missing ear,but giving thought to the defenders methods,you wont be in pain for too long.I say defender because ive never heard of an attacker ripping off someones ear...thats more of a defensive reaction(though a poor choice for a first strike).

And yes,its true,muggers/criminals and general punks dont usually look for a 'challenge'.They do sometimes pick one by mistake though...

here is a good display of some punks that thought this guy wouldn't put up and sit still for a beating.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jockbeat.html
The backround rap music sucks,but its still a neat video.
Try once,fail twice...
# 15
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/09/2005 10:46 pm
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartHamberg,if the encounter has escalated to 'ear ripping' then you can rest assured that person will break your neck or something just as severe after ripping your ear off.No doubt you would be pissed about a missing ear,but giving thought to the defenders methods,you wont be in pain for too long.I say defender because ive never heard of an attacker ripping off someones ear...thats more of a defensive reaction(though a poor choice for a first strike).

And yes,its true,muggers/criminals and general punks dont usually look for a 'challenge'.They do sometimes pick one by mistake though...

here is a good display of some punks that thought this guy wouldn't put up and sit still for a beating.

Whatever dude, if someone ripped my ear off they would be a dead man walking
# 16
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/09/2005 10:53 pm
Originally Posted by: HambergWhatever dude, if someone ripped my ear off they would be a dead man walking

Probably. Fortunately, most muggers and sexual predators have nowhere near the balls you do.
-A.H.
# 17
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/10/2005 1:56 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartHamberg,if the encounter has escalated to 'ear ripping' then you can rest assured that person will break your neck or something just as severe after ripping your ear off.No doubt you would be pissed about a missing ear,but giving thought to the defenders methods,you wont be in pain for too long.I say defender because ive never heard of an attacker ripping off someones ear...thats more of a defensive reaction(though a poor choice for a first strike).

That video is hilarious. That dude just went off. But 4 to 1, man those guys should've whippe his crazy ass, they all looked scared.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 18
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/10/2005 2:06 am
His form was actually pretty sucky. He should have been able to hit twice as hard as that. Not like he needed to, but it would've been funny.
-A.H.
# 19
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/10/2005 6:38 am
I think it shows quite well what those idiots were expecting...him taking initiative instead of being set up for a sucker punch wasn't in their plan(I bet a million bucks,thats what it would have led to had he 'played into them').It also shows you can suck at fighting,but hold your own as long as you don't let yourself be victimized and launch a first strike.He simply 'scuffled' them a bit...I would like to see the result had the guy trained in some RSBD(reality based self defense)or jkd/bjj...now THAT would be a video.
Try once,fail twice...
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.