The world is comming to an end!?!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/04/2005 8:56 pm
I have reflexes and speed that I got I think from my two younger brothers trying to beat me up all the time... I just kept trying to block and/or dodge their punches, knowing that if I punched back I would get in so much trouble, so now I'm actually at a point where someone can throw a punch at me, I can block it, counter it, and then they start wishing they hadn't picked a fight with me :D
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/05/2005 1:29 am
Ive studied extensivley into various 'reality' based systems of fighting and am quite confident in my ability to preserve myself from any physical attacker/knive attack(also have tried some martial arts like TKD,Kenpo,5 animal system e.c.t...but that stuff will get you stomped in a real defense situation)

I think something that escapes many people is that no matter how big,tough or strong you might be,you still have two eyes that can be gouged/dug into,a throat that can be crushed/traumatized,a nose that can be broken and a whole skeletal system that can be twisted/broken with proper measures.

Also the mental aspect is often neglected when training.The saftey of a dojo just dosn't remedy the adrenaline dumps effects(involuntary shaking,lack of fine motorskills,short term memory loss/perception alteration).If you can control the dump then thats an accomplishment,but you'll be fighting yourself as well as your attacker.

Ive never found fighting fun since i'm a bit 'soft' at heart,but have defended myself effectivley in a few instances.When crap hits the fan,you have to be vicious,victimizing,punishing and unrelenting in the attack.I say attack because your attack is the defense.Never try to block punches waiting to counter or 'square off' with your attacker.You have to victimize your attacker violently to cease their threat to you.

wow,more than I expected to write...hope it was informitive.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/05/2005 1:30 am
Speeking of fights , it's not that on a couple of occasions a little skinny guy managed to beat the crap of a 300 pounder means that's the way it is ... I'd love to see someone of the size and strength (or even more strength) of "Bruce Lee" in a steel cage "no mercy" with a 300 pounds WWF champ , that would be very exciting !

One thing that might lead to confusion , 99% of professional bodybuilders aren't of half the strength that should match their size, even in the gym doing their professioanl workouts, cuz training like that is what earns them their living ... So , keep in mind that bodybuilders who don't train for bodybuilding competition , take much more care of their strength and health.
# 3
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/05/2005 1:36 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheart
I think something that escapes many people is that no matter how big,tough or strong you might be,you still have two eyes that can be gouged/dug into,a throat that can be crushed/traumatized,a nose that can be broken and a whole skeletal system that can be twisted/broken with proper measures.

Haven't you forgot something very important ? ;)
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/05/2005 1:55 am
Originally Posted by: SLYHaven't you forgot something very important ? ;)

Oh yeah!How could I forgotten that!?ELBOWS!

remember to attack the elbows...
Try once,fail twice...
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/05/2005 2:01 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartOh yeah!How could I forgotten that!?ELBOWS!

remember to attack the elbows...

I don't think he meant elbows, if you know what I mean ;)
my spyspace
# 6
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/05/2005 2:51 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartI say attack because your attack is the defense.Never try to block punches waiting to counter or 'square off' with your attacker.You have to victimize your attacker violently to cease their threat to you.

Exception- judo.

Self defense really is more simple than most people make it out to be. It only takes five pounds of pressure to tear someone's ear off (rip from top to bottom). A kick to the inside of the kneecap can disable an assailant more effectively than a nut shot, often permanently. If you get ahold of a single finger and have a decent grip on it you can bend it backwards until it's laying across the back of the subject's forearm (many attempted rapes have been stopped by this). A hard palm up the nose will stop anyone dead in their tracks.

Moral of the story- don't ever try mugging anyone unless you're packing a firearm or halberd.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 7
paradyme
paradyme
02/05/2005 3:03 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiException- judo.

Self defense really is more simple than most people make it out to be. It only takes five pounds of pressure to tear someone's ear off (rip from top to bottom). A kick to the inside of the kneecap can disable an assailant more effectively than a nut shot, often permanently. If you get ahold of a single finger and have a decent grip on it you can bend it backwards until it's laying across the back of the subject's forearm (many attempted rapes have been stopped by this). A hard palm up the nose will stop anyone dead in their tracks.

Moral of the story- don't ever try mugging anyone unless you're packing a firearm or halberd.

ROFL- if anyone ever tried to stick me up with a halberd, I would probably die laughing before they got to me (even through a halberd would do it if I wasn't incapacitated already)!
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/05/2005 3:43 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiException- judo.

also it takes about ten pounds of pressure to break someones collar bone, going for the eyes is good. and if they grab your wrist, just twist your hand around, it works, I have gotten out of someone with a really strong grip's hand that way, he was like a rock climber and guitarist so he had really strong fingers, I still got out by twisting...

also if someone has a harlbard, they don't need to rob me, I would pay them all my money just to see that!!!!
my spyspace
# 9
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/07/2005 10:39 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI don't think he meant elbows, if you know what I mean ;)

Sure I didn't mean the elbows ... I thought everybody here is smart enough to see that I was refering to the toes ! :cool:
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/07/2005 11:40 pm
Originally Posted by: SLYSure I didn't mean the elbows ... I thought everybody here is smart enough to see that I was refering to the toes ! :cool:

yup... definately the toes... you definately wouldn't want someone to kick your toes ;) I know I wouldn't... I'd like to keep my toes! :cool:
my spyspace
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/08/2005 1:19 am
My thoughts on judo and other 'defensive arts'....

don't wait to get you ass kicked!Your attacker will not just give you his hand or go along with a hip throw.Breaking and jamming fingers is an exellent way to end a fight,but you have to be within grappling range or on the ground(and the ground is the LAST place you want to be in a real confrontation).As for fancy wrist locks and using your attackers inertia to gain advantage,its just ridiculous.Letting your opponent strike first is like letting a gunslinger have the first draw.Also,your opponent isn't going to just flow into your defense gracefully as a training partner in the dojo will...

There is no 'tapping out' in a real fight...there are no emt's or doctors standing by(unless you fight in a hospital)...no rules or limits...no form...just your life.

There is never a 'winner' in a real fight or attack...one walks away still breathing and the other injured or worse.
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
02/08/2005 4:36 am
What's really bad is that I drink DIET V8 Splash... I like the flavor.... and isn't all water low carb? LOL.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 13
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/08/2005 5:46 am
It's nice living in the middle of fut bucking nowhere because I don't have to keep in shape. Serious fights pretty much never happen around here (or anywhere else I've lived).
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 14
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/08/2005 3:53 pm
As long as the threat exists,you are completley justified to start the attack and kick your opponents ass(to a degree).If your attacker ceases his intention,to where he is no longer a threat to you,then you'll be going to jail if you run him down and pound him.

As for lethal force(stangling,strikes to the throat e.c.t)I think the situation is the deciding factor.Some people simply think or say "I'd rather be judged in court by twelve than be carried out by six" and with that mentality,they may apply such force unessecarily.

A general guidline...you are allowed to preserve your life by means of severe force if

(A)your being attacked by two or more people with true intent(NOT your friends throwing you into the pool or something!)
(B)being attacked with a blade(again use discretion...no need to choke your mom while she's cutting the brownies)
(C)being attacked with a firearm(this ONLY apply's if the attacker is within close range and you feel he is going to shoot you anyway when you hand him your wallet/money...otherwise its better to run like hell.)

Those are just very rough guidlines,but the situation should alway's determine the amount of force thats justified by the law.
Try once,fail twice...
# 15
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/08/2005 6:01 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOnebut the jury ruled it was all circumstantial, and awarded him a couple hundred thousand dollars.

Wtf? Were there mass lead poisonings in the eighties? Was there some government conspiracy to make everyone stupid?
-A.H.
# 16
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/08/2005 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiWtf? Were there mass lead poisonings in the eighties? Was there some government conspiracy to make everyone stupid?
[font=trebuchet ms]It was something in the water, I swear. Just ask Jolly![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 17
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/08/2005 6:26 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiWtf? Were there mass lead poisonings in the eighties? Was there some government conspiracy to make everyone stupid?

No,its because(well mabey...)insurance company's didn't implement the 'caps' they have now(meaning a person can only get so much).This is also a bad thing as well though.

My mother had just got home from work and was parked in front of our house.A car was speeding,lost control(the guy was high as a kite and was never even questioned)and slammed into my mom.She has whiplash and TMJ now.

The doctor estimated her future health care/therepy costs alone to amount around $36,000.The insurance cap is $20,000...not even enough for physical treatment,let alone compensation for missed work and never being able to do her old job(heavy c.n.a work).She has been lucky enough to find a job where she dosn't have to lift or anything to tough though...
Try once,fail twice...
# 18
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/08/2005 7:21 pm
How did this thread got from Diet V8 Splash to karate choppin' people in the adams apple, and people burning their crotch with 400 degree coffee :confused:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 19
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/08/2005 9:43 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaHow did this thread got from Diet V8 Splash to karate choppin' people in the adams apple, and people burning their crotch with 400 degree coffee :confused:
[font=trebuchet ms]Given that water cannot possibly stay liquid at atmospheric pressure at more that 212 degrees F, I'd say the whole thing has a certain element of fantasy to it. So it all ties together with 'Diet' V8 & 'Low-Carb' bottled water, as anecdotal evidence that the world is coming to an end, doesn't it???[/font]

:confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.