tocata and fuga in Dm(3 min)

yakim
yakim
10/10/2004 9:30 pm
my record to this beautiful art of bach(my favorite musician).

http://stage.co.il/media/offerambar330285.mp3
# 1
Meta
Meta
10/11/2004 12:00 am
That was good,
Not my favorite bach song but it was still Good =D
|/- :eek: Zeeky Boogy Doog :eek: -\|
< - (o .0) - >
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/11/2004 4:32 am
Originally Posted by: yakimmy record to this beautiful art of bach(my favorite musician).

http://stage.co.il/media/offerambar330285.mp3

I play it faster ;) . Still, nice work dude! :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/11/2004 3:22 pm
that was cool, i hate classical music in general but played on guitar like that it sounds good, any chance you could post the guitar tab for it please, i fancy having a go at it (not that ill get very far like but ill have a crack)
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/12/2004 3:13 pm
Originally Posted by: Rob_Hthat was cool, i hate classical music in general but played on guitar like that it sounds good, any chance you could post the guitar tab for it please, i fancy having a go at it (not that ill get very far like but ill have a crack)

http://www.guitartricks.com/trick.php?trick_id=4458

You won't need the fuge tab for a while. This is gonna take some time for you to learn.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 5
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/12/2004 3:50 pm
thanks

your right it'll take me years to learn that part, ill give it a go like it sounds really good on distorted guitar. i tried to search for the tab on the net but they were all completely different so i dint know which one to get.

im not all that good at that sort of legato, only 1 hammer-on or pull-off here and there not multiple ones in a row & i cant tapp at all really, cant really sweep either so this is going to be a real challenge

i'll record myself and post it here in about 5 years time :D (only joking it'll probly be a few month though) so i can get some feedback

also how do you get the audio for lessons to play, i log in and it takes me back to the previous screen, ive tried allowing all cookies on internet explorer options but still no result
# 6
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/12/2004 5:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Rob_Him not all that good at that sort of legato, only 1 hammer-on or pull-off here and there not multiple ones in a row & i cant tapp at all really, cant really sweep either so this is going to be a real challenge

This is gonna be REALLY hard for you, especially the tapping part! :eek:
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 7
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/12/2004 7:22 pm
yeah, a challenge is a good thing though in my opinion. even if i dont learn it all in one go i can learn little bits here and there and pick up some new techniques along the way. Should it be fingerpicked or just catch the notes played like this (its not part of the song just an example)

-----------------------------
--------8--------------------
--------7--------------------

one with the pick and the other with my pinky & use the pick for the rest.

A strange thing with me is i tend to find really easy songs like blink 182 harder than songs like Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny which is actually quite a hard song to play in my opinion, i think to much simplicity is hard to handle, especially stuff where there is 8-10 strums of the same powerchord, its pathetically easy to finger just the strumming is so boring and repetative that you just lose your rhythmn, does anybody else have this problem?
# 8
Meta
Meta
10/13/2004 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Rob_Hthat was cool, i hate classical music in general but played on guitar like that it sounds good, any chance you could post the guitar tab for it please, i fancy having a go at it (not that ill get very far like but ill have a crack)

Lol how can anyone hate classical?

i just dont understand =( without No guitar woolda beeen like it is today :(
|/- :eek: Zeeky Boogy Doog :eek: -\|
< - (o .0) - >
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/14/2004 4:21 am
Originally Posted by: Rob_Hyeah, a challenge is a good thing though in my opinion. even if i dont learn it all in one go i can learn little bits here and there and pick up some new techniques along the way. Should it be fingerpicked or just catch the notes played like this (its not part of the song just an example)

--------8--------------------
--------7--------------------

one with the pick and the other with my pinky & use the pick for the rest.

A strange thing with me is i tend to find really easy songs like blink 182 harder than songs like Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny which is actually quite a hard song to play in my opinion, i think to much simplicity is hard to handle, especially stuff where there is 8-10 strums of the same powerchord, its pathetically easy to finger just the strumming is so boring and repetative that you just lose your rhythmn, does anybody else have this problem?

To the first question: I would, if I were you, strum those two strings and just mute the string between them. Or you could do what you said earlier and pick with your finger.

To the second question: No. My rhythm is impeccable.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 10
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/14/2004 2:03 pm
1st - about the hating classic, its true i think its so boring its unbelievable. but i do like neo-classical guitar like yngwie malmsteen, tony macalpine etc, i like classical on electric guitar because of how so many teqniques are blended into it to compensate for it not being on piano of whatever, plus it sounds more musical on guitar.

2nd - jolly nothing like blowing one's own trumpet eh, only joking. i think i have ok rhythmn with more structured strumming patterns but with repeated strumming of the same chord over and over i get bogged down, mainly with blink 182 songs and other pop punk rubbish.

3rd - that mutting is a good idea, much easier than my picking with my pinky idea, i can do the mutting easily with the underside of my 1st finger while fretting the note on the string above it, i learned to do that when learning a song by a local emo band.

4th - Any info on how to get the audio on the lessons to play, i always takes me back to the log in screen when i log in, ive tried allowing all cookies in my browser but it didnt make any difference? i want to hear how you played that tocatta

Finnally - Do you have any links to other easier classical tabs for me to have a go at?
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/14/2004 3:19 pm
Originally Posted by: Rob_H2nd - jolly nothing like blowing one's own trumpet eh, only joking.

No reason to joke, I was most DEFINITELY blowing my own trumpet! :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 12
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/15/2004 4:31 pm
3rd degree burn if you read my post again i said that i liked neo-classical/classical on electric guitar. its the format i dislike, like on piano or an orchestra i find that boring. i like it on electric guitar its more musical and more expresive, and its obvious people can not find malmsteen and macalpine boring but find general classical music boring, because i have that very opinion. im not bothered if they get their idea's from old classical music its the way they play it not where they got the idea from that bothers me, as long as what im hearing sounds good.

its all personal opinion. i didnt say classical was crap, i said i dislike it (i really said hate it but....) and that is my opinion. you might find malmsteen boring but that doesnt bother me, its your opinion.
# 13
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/15/2004 8:24 pm
Firstly by saying "i did not say classical is crap" i was not saying you were implying i had said it, i was merely stating that i wasnt slating the genre by my comments, i was just voicing my opinion of that type of music, really just to clarifly that im not the sort of idiot who labels a genre rubbish on their own opinion, and that i respect the music for what it is but i dont like it personally. sorry if you thought i was saying you had said that.

second its more expressive on guitar because, on piano you press the key for that note and thats it, it plays the note. but on guitar you can play the note in so many ways, by tapping, bending, adding vibrato etc and it all adds to the expression and flow of the music & i think that with an orchestra everything is just so cut and dry, "you play it like this, not like that" and there is no room for experimentation or improvising (bare in mind im not an expert this is my opinion), i think its just so clinical and lifeless. this is all my opinion though so.........., feel free to have your own opinions and voice them
# 14
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/16/2004 5:21 pm
Well what about the violin? You can do a variety of things on it with different techniques. In fact, one of Paginini's 24 caprices has the violin player (I have a recording of Isaac Perlman playing it) plucking the violin like a banjo or guitar.

I think that a lot of people don't like classical because they haven't really heard that much of the good stuff, only cheap condensed versions of Beethoven's 9th symphony on commercials and Beethovens Fur elise, or 2 seconds of Vivaldis four seasons (spring) on ads for country clubs. A lot of it is image to. Most kids today live in a society where "classical is not cool..."

And if you look closely at it, shredding on guitar has a lot of parallels to the whole orchestra, "play this way not that way" thing. There is a proper technique for everything, which I have heard a lot of the shredders on this forum talk about (IE alternate picking, hand position...)

If you want to hear how musicians really push the limit on their instruments and how they should be played, check out jazz. A kid that I knew who played the tenor sax, who is incredible and now off at college, really showed me this. For those of you that don't know anything about the saxaphone, the highest note, generally, that they can hit is an F or F#, depending on the model. In one of his solos, this kid hit an A above that F#, just by producing a squeak just right, he meant to do it! Talk about being free with your instrument...
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 15
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/17/2004 7:55 pm
im not going to justify my opinion by every instrument because we'll be debating for years, there are obviously going to be exceptions to my statements, but i stand by my opinion on classical music played by piano and orchestra, i have heard quite a lot of classical, i dont know pieces by name because im not really that interested, but ill probly have heard a fair bit of the "good stuff" you talk about, i just dont like it. i also dislike jazz, i like blues but not jazz, and for saxaphones my instrument disscrimitation strikes again, i hate all wood wind instruments, they sound terrible to my ears no matter how skilled the player is.

and about plucking the violin like a guitar thats not innovative at all, thats how some music teachers introduce people to violin, they teach them the notes,fingering and stuff plucking the instrument then progress to using a bow. please dont post here telling me im wrong because i didnt say all music teachers do it that way i said some but ive known 2-3 people who played violin and they were all taught this way
# 16
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/17/2004 9:46 pm
I'm not going to argue with you, but I really do wish you'd reconsider your opinion of jazz.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 17
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/18/2004 2:58 pm
ha ha

why reconsider?

its just a style i dont like same as i dont like pop, R'n'B (except Hendrix, if you can call him R'n'B) or hip hop, a lot of the jazz guitarists are really skilled and innovative, ive tried listening to a fair few but the music just doesnt compel me enough to buy any of their cd's or look any further into the style.

the main styles i listen to are:-

metal (most kinds)
neo-classical/shred
rock
blues
# 18
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/18/2004 7:59 pm
neo-clasical???? *sign*

yes neo-classical, classical influenced metal/rock/shred, in the vein of yngwie malmsteen, vinnie moore and tony macalpine & whats the *sigh* for, if you have an opinion voice it, there's no point in leaving a post saying that it means absolutely nothing to anyone
# 19
Rob_H
Rob_H
10/19/2004 10:17 am
fair do's.

i actually think people undrerate the songwritting of vinnie moore and yngwie, i agree that at times yngwie sacrifises the song for technique but on the most part, especially his 1st album "Rising Force" his song writting is outstanding. vinnie moore writes excellent songs in my opinion. ill have to get a listen of this chopin bloke im not sure if ive heard him.

i respect your opinion fully and i see where you are coming from but it was the way you wrote that post that annoyed me, it was sarcastic without stating your opinion which annoyed me because i think if you dissagree with a persons opinion and you tell them this you should at least justify it other wise you sound like a bigot (single minded) im not saying you are a bigot so dont take offense, just i hate it when people dissagree with you but dont elaberate.

anyway im sick of rambling, im off to check this chopin blokey out :)
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.