View post (tocata and fuga in Dm(3 min))

View thread

Rob_H
Rob_H
10/15/2004 8:24 pm
Firstly by saying "i did not say classical is crap" i was not saying you were implying i had said it, i was merely stating that i wasnt slating the genre by my comments, i was just voicing my opinion of that type of music, really just to clarifly that im not the sort of idiot who labels a genre rubbish on their own opinion, and that i respect the music for what it is but i dont like it personally. sorry if you thought i was saying you had said that.

second its more expressive on guitar because, on piano you press the key for that note and thats it, it plays the note. but on guitar you can play the note in so many ways, by tapping, bending, adding vibrato etc and it all adds to the expression and flow of the music & i think that with an orchestra everything is just so cut and dry, "you play it like this, not like that" and there is no room for experimentation or improvising (bare in mind im not an expert this is my opinion), i think its just so clinical and lifeless. this is all my opinion though so.........., feel free to have your own opinions and voice them