View post (tocata and fuga in Dm(3 min))

View thread

Rob_H
Rob_H
10/14/2004 2:03 pm
1st - about the hating classic, its true i think its so boring its unbelievable. but i do like neo-classical guitar like yngwie malmsteen, tony macalpine etc, i like classical on electric guitar because of how so many teqniques are blended into it to compensate for it not being on piano of whatever, plus it sounds more musical on guitar.

2nd - jolly nothing like blowing one's own trumpet eh, only joking. i think i have ok rhythmn with more structured strumming patterns but with repeated strumming of the same chord over and over i get bogged down, mainly with blink 182 songs and other pop punk rubbish.

3rd - that mutting is a good idea, much easier than my picking with my pinky idea, i can do the mutting easily with the underside of my 1st finger while fretting the note on the string above it, i learned to do that when learning a song by a local emo band.

4th - Any info on how to get the audio on the lessons to play, i always takes me back to the log in screen when i log in, ive tried allowing all cookies in my browser but it didnt make any difference? i want to hear how you played that tocatta

Finnally - Do you have any links to other easier classical tabs for me to have a go at?