View post (tocata and fuga in Dm(3 min))

View thread

Rob_H
Rob_H
10/17/2004 7:55 pm
im not going to justify my opinion by every instrument because we'll be debating for years, there are obviously going to be exceptions to my statements, but i stand by my opinion on classical music played by piano and orchestra, i have heard quite a lot of classical, i dont know pieces by name because im not really that interested, but ill probly have heard a fair bit of the "good stuff" you talk about, i just dont like it. i also dislike jazz, i like blues but not jazz, and for saxaphones my instrument disscrimitation strikes again, i hate all wood wind instruments, they sound terrible to my ears no matter how skilled the player is.

and about plucking the violin like a guitar thats not innovative at all, thats how some music teachers introduce people to violin, they teach them the notes,fingering and stuff plucking the instrument then progress to using a bow. please dont post here telling me im wrong because i didnt say all music teachers do it that way i said some but ive known 2-3 people who played violin and they were all taught this way