- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Welcome
- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Lesson
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Play
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Lesson
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Play
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Lesson
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Play
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Lesson
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Play
Betts used both major and minor pentatonic scales mixed with the blues scale & mixolydian mode for his blues lead work.
This examples uses the root position A minor pentatonic at 5th fret, Albert King box, and B.B. King box as foundational territories for his bluesy solo work. There's lots of space between phrases and tons of vibrato on sustained notes.
You need to be registered to ask our instructors a question.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this lesson yet.