- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Welcome
- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Lesson
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Play
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Lesson
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Play
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Lesson
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Play
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Lesson
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Play
Betts also made great use of the minor hexatonic scale, which is minor pentatonic with an added 2nd degree, to make beautiful harmony lines with Duane, as well as improvising in the Dorian mode.
The A minor hexatonic scale is: 1, 2, b3, 4, 5, and b7 â€“ A, B, C, D, E, and G, and works great with Dorian. The solo starts out slow and builds to add excitement. Uses lots of syncopation, quarter note triplets, repetition and sequencing, with a harmony part at the break.