What kind of software are you using????

Guitar Tricks Forum > Recording > What kind of software are you using????

IbanezRG770

Just wondering what kind of Recording Software Players on this site are using. For instance what kind are you guys using to record you solos over the GT monthly backing tracks?
I have a GNX4 I just started to try and use the Pro Tracks plus 2 days ago to start mixing tracks and I cannot even get my computer to produce sound from the tutorial tracks. So just wondering if there is a more basic software setup out there. I hate spending good guitar playing time on trying to figure out overly complicated software.

Just wondering what kind of Recording Software Players on this site are using. For instance what kind are you guys using to record you solos over the GT monthly backing tracks?
I have a GNX4 I just started to try and use the Pro Tracks plus 2 days ago to start mixing tracks and I cannot even get my computer to produce sound from the tutorial tracks. So just wondering if there is a more basic software setup out there. I hate spending good guitar playing time on trying to figure out overly complicated software.

grizzlymint

I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Its pretty simple.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.

I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Its pretty simple.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.

iceandhotwax

i use cool edit/ adobe audition they are the same ...

i use cool edit/ adobe audition they are the same ...

Superhuman

I record, edit and mix everything in Cubase SX3. It's extermely flexible and very efficient on RAM etc - excellent for plug-ins and midi (eg DFHS). I also have Reaper as backup on another system - cost nothing to download and can do pretty much everything Cubase can do except it is a little heavier on the CPU - also, I don't think it is dsp compatable yet (could be wrong!).
Listen to Superhuman shred on MP3Unsigned

I record, edit and mix everything in Cubase SX3. It's extermely flexible and very efficient on RAM etc - excellent for plug-ins and midi (eg DFHS). I also have Reaper as backup on another system - cost nothing to download and can do pretty much everything Cubase can do except it is a little heavier on the CPU - also, I don't think it is dsp compatable yet (could be wrong!).
Listen to Superhuman shred on MP3Unsigned

Ian Hand

I'm using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 - it may be old but it does the job. Sonar is the newer version.

I'm using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 - it may be old but it does the job. Sonar is the newer version.

da_ardvark

I have Sonar 5. I upgraded to Sonar 6 but havent installed it yet. I've been using the cakewalk products almost exclusively. I do want to try a Linux proggy called Ardour, free and looks very powerful

I have Sonar 5. I upgraded to Sonar 6 but havent installed it yet. I've been using the cakewalk products almost exclusively. I do want to try a Linux proggy called Ardour, free and looks very powerful

Dave Cardwell

I use Cubase SX 3. You might want to check out a free recording software called Kristal. http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
Dave Cardwell's Official Site

I use Cubase SX 3. You might want to check out a free recording software called Kristal. http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
Dave Cardwell's Official Site

bigbuda

Vote For Pedro

I like Sonar 5 Producer edition myself. Pretty straightforward and very powerful.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:

I like Sonar 5 Producer edition myself. Pretty straightforward and very powerful.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:

maestro shaz

I used to use Cool Edit Pro 2.0, then Sonar 4, but lately I've been using Cubase. It's a great program. With some nice VST's you can get great sounds from it.
MuSiC RoCkZz
My Music
myspace.com/maestroshaz :cool:

I used to use Cool Edit Pro 2.0, then Sonar 4, but lately I've been using Cubase. It's a great program. With some nice VST's you can get great sounds from it.
MuSiC RoCkZz
My Music
myspace.com/maestroshaz :cool:

Randy Johnson

I am on Logic Pro 7. Its a bear to learn but it has so much I will never need anything else but just standard upgrades.

I am on Logic Pro 7. Its a bear to learn but it has so much I will never need anything else but just standard upgrades.