What Kind Of Software Are you Using????

robin79noordh
robin79noordh
04/19/2020 6:58 am

Im using Reaper, good softwere for what I need.

# 1
bainbridgemusic
bainbridgemusic
04/29/2020 9:29 am
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x
Originally Posted by: bainbridgemusic
Originally Posted by: nionsomnia

FL STUDIO. This works for now!

[br][br]I got started with FL studio and got really confused when trying to multi track but I am a total newbie at recording. [br][br]Thinking about cutting my losses and starting up with protools

Give Reaper a try first, it's got a full access free trial and does everything protools will do at a much better price and YouTube has hundreds of video tutorials on how to use it.

[br]Thanks, I will look into it. Has a cool name, so thats something haha.

# 2
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
04/29/2020 2:55 pm
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x
Originally Posted by: nionsomnia

FL STUDIO. This works for now!

[br][br]I got started with FL studio and got really confused when trying to multi track but I am a total newbie at recording. [br][br]Thinking about cutting my losses and starting up with protools

Give Reaper a try first, it's got a full access free trial and does everything protools will do at a much better price and YouTube has hundreds of video tutorials on how to use it.

[br]Thanks, I will look into it. Has a cool name, so thats something haha.

Besides the cool name Reaper has almost too much information to learn it, if there can be such a thing. TheReaper manual is over 400 pages and free. (You can buy a bound copy. I did.) As mentioned above, there are hundreds of YT videos. It you go to the webssite the tutorials are organized in logical fashion so as you go through learning it one can pick the lesson needed. And, finally, theReaper forum is hugely helpful. Post a problem or question and you'll receive an answer almost immediately has been my experience.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 3
valberg
valberg
05/11/2020 7:56 am

Funny how this thread started 13 years ago and is still going.

FL Studio, Producer Edition for me. It was a steep learning curve but Udemy has some good courses on it. It is reasonably priced at about $200, for playing around with no serious intentions but still feature rich enough for professional purposes. It also has a cool mobile device version.

Ableton is about twice the price at the same feature level. I started with Pro Tools as it came free with my audio interface but again the price for a reasonably fully functioning version was closer to $1000 than it was to $100.

Audacity is a great free open source tool to record your guitar playing or vocals, I still use it sometimes for specific things.

Cheers,

Valberg

Rock, Punk, Blues

# 4
johnorbe84
johnorbe84
06/24/2020 7:18 am

I use Ableton Live 10.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.