Eyes

basics
basics
05/15/2004 4:59 pm
I happen to believe that eyes are a portal into a outer-world in which we all exist and communicate with through our subconcious, although only few have the concious ability to tap into it and see what it means.

It's like, when we come into contact with somebody, we also communicate in this other world. Ever notice that some exist with an eyelid that is constantly lower than the other, a lower left-eyelid per se? Like the singer of Radiohead. Or when one somehow knows or realizes that he/she is being watched and blinks? Subconciously, he/she is cutting off our link in this other world because we've tapped into it without permission. Some people are stronger than others and can't be communicated with without knowledge of it.

A lower left eyelid is fasinating. Everybody's subconcious exists in this other sphere, represented by our eyes, and it's how the telepathic people work. They're somehow stronger linked than others.

hahahahaha, now excuse me while I bring back to life my pet project, Metamorphasis.
# 1
Digit
Digit
05/15/2004 5:14 pm
... somebody got into a bad batch of LSD again... :rolleyes:
# 2
guitarmanxxxx
guitarmanxxxx
05/15/2004 6:53 pm
Second that on the acid, [ Trippin ] Ahh the good old days :cool:
guitarmanxxxx
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/16/2004 12:52 am
I happen to find eyes fascinating. I find them to be one of the most attractive parts of a woman (not to sound kiss ass, hokey, or old fashion) but I do find them to be engrossing. Eyes and boobs (not to sound like a pervert, but I do like them). Alas though because I'm a secluded chicken **** I've yet to have someone to gaze, for lack of better say, into. Ha...I'm a 20 year old and I've never gotten a girl. Pathetic? Shy? Scared? I'm really not sure, it just doesn't seem to work for me.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
05/16/2004 10:20 pm
ever seen them in a jar? I have hehehe...then again, Ive seen pretty much every part of anatomy either on a jar or on the actual body...
Disection is so unbelievably dull for those reading htis.. it's intresting for the first few hours...but when you total upto maybe 60hours there..it gets on your t-ts...never mind the swollen ankles from standing about...
# 5
Inisfail
Inisfail
05/16/2004 11:17 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI happen to find eyes fascinating. I find them to be one of the most attractive parts of a woman (not to sound kiss ass, hokey, or old fashion) but I do find them to be engrossing. Eyes and boobs (not to sound like a pervert, but I do like them). Alas though because I'm a secluded chicken **** I've yet to have someone to gaze, for lack of better say, into. Ha...I'm a 20 year old and I've never gotten a girl. Pathetic? Shy? Scared? I'm really not sure, it just doesn't seem to work for me.

Haha, come on! 20 years and no girl! I live under the same condition, dude. I know, it sucks.. Or, not. Haha! Okey, bad joke.. Sorry everyone..

Well, anyway, I also find boobs interresting, by some reason. Eyes? Well, no opinion.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 6
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
05/17/2004 2:46 am
Are yuo drunk basics?? you tend to say the oddest stuff when your drunk..lol
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 7
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/17/2004 3:40 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions...I'm a 20 year old and I've never gotten a girl. Pathetic? Shy? Scared? I'm really not sure, it just doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm 25,and to say that someone out there refers to me as her(or His,hey!) ex would be a huge lie.
These things happen.
# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2004 3:52 pm
Ha Educatedfilm, I think I can go one better....

I used to dissect the neural retinas out of human eyes (for research into diabetic retinopathy) after the eyes had there corneas removed for transplant.

What fun that was !

I have pictures of me doing it somewhere !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 9
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
05/17/2004 4:17 pm
hehe, cool... Maybe you shouldnt have told me that... I'll probably bombard with questions about it..
Are you an MBcHB (or the american/ candian equivalent) doctor? Or Phd? If the latter, what did you do your thesis on?heheeh... so i can convince myself i'm revising and asking relavant questions as opposed to typing guitar related crap..
# 10
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2004 5:35 pm
BSc (Hons): Ecology
MSc: Cell and Enzyme Technology
Cell Biology Tech at the Hamersmith Hospital (Diabetic Retinopathy Unit)
PhD: Cell Biology and Drug Delivery (U of London)
First Postdoc Drug Delivery (U of London)
Second Postdoc Cell Biology (U of Iowa)

I'm currently researching the the regulation of mammalian endocytic fusion events, particularly the role of the mammalian late VPS orthologues. These peripheral membrane proteins interact with: SNARE proteins, Rab GTPases and surprisingly also the cytoskeleton. We are currently perusing the idea that as well as mediating a biochemical regulatory role over early endosomal homotypic fusion events they also mediate spatial regulation by virtue of there cytoskeletal interactions.

My PhD was designing and characterizing soluble polymeric macromolecular "drug" delivery systems and Im currently looking for a faculty position to integrate the cell biology with the Drug delivery.
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/17/2004 5:46 pm
You really are a doctor...you son of a #!*@...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 12
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2004 6:17 pm
My last paper
# 13
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
05/17/2004 7:42 pm
heheh... all i understood was "GTPase"... my knowlege of bio-chemistry and pharmacology (including it's spelling), is slowly aproaching non-existant...

(am i allowed to point out what looks like animal testing in that paper?)... I remember there were some poeple who put up posters last year when i told them we had animal testing in the top floor of our building...
They're posters were good at first Campaining for the liberation of the Rheuesus monkies (which didnt exsist, they somehow came up with it), but shot their own campain down when they put a poster saying they wanted to liberate the monkeys as to take part in knife fights and hot plate dancing...
# 14
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2004 8:01 pm
Nope, no animal testing in that one, unless you count dissolving, squishing, extracting and generally being really nasty to millions of E.coli or Saccharomyces cerevisiae, . However if testing is for regulated, approved medical research I don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with non-essential animal use or cosmetic vivisection.

Christians mothers against cruelty to microbes, Hummm it is probably only a matter of time !
# 15
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/18/2004 7:59 am
Originally Posted by: Dr_simon.... I used to dissect the neural retinas out of human eyes (for research into diabetic retinopathy) after the eyes had there corneas removed for transplant...
When I was working in the Applications Lab for Lumonics, I got to do fun stuff like researching techniques for UV laser radial kerototomy on cow's eyes. This was in the early 80's, just before I got sidetracked into laser angioplasty development. My beam delivery system was used in the Ottawa University Cardiac Unit's first in-vivro laser angioplasty at the Ottawa Civic Hospital. Y'know, I've haven't been able to face macaroni and cheese since then? And the plaque looked a lot like the bacon and eggs that supposedly caused it. :p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
Death55
Death55
05/18/2004 8:53 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI happen to find eyes fascinating. I find them to be one of the most attractive parts of a woman (not to sound kiss ass, hokey, or old fashion) but I do find them to be engrossing. Eyes and boobs (not to sound like a pervert, but I do like them). Alas though because I'm a secluded chicken **** I've yet to have someone to gaze, for lack of better say, into. Ha...I'm a 20 year old and I've never gotten a girl. Pathetic? Shy? Scared? I'm really not sure, it just doesn't seem to work for me.

I love eyes too. I like to look into a girls eyes... i usually do that with most girls when im drunk.
I havnt got a girl yet but i'm only 17 :D
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 17
Fruitbat
Fruitbat
05/18/2004 10:40 am
dark haired girls with blue eyes = winningmost combination. ;) like Lucy Lawless.
# 18
basics
basics
05/18/2004 11:17 am
Originally Posted by: ketsueki15Are yuo drunk basics?? you tend to say the oddest stuff when your drunk..lol

ha ha, no man. just merely stating my thoughts.
# 19
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/18/2004 12:51 pm
Don't talk to me about cow eyes, I have plowed through hundreds of 'em with a scalpel ! I particularly used to like the way they came from the abattoir with all that peri orbital fat and eyelash...yumm, a truly appetite enhancing experience seeing 40 of them all looking up at you !

Glad I changed to bugs, animal cells and yeast !
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.