Eyes

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
05/18/2004 12:59 pm
IĀ“m just a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
no cutting of cow eyes whatsoever.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/18/2004 4:43 pm
Originally Posted by: Fruitbatdark haired girls with blue eyes = winningmost combination. ;) like Lucy Lawless.
Truth! One of my longest relationships was with a Lucy Lawless look-alike. The fact that I also have long dark hair and blue eyes made for some some long stares from passers-by of either sex!

Whenever I see a bottle- 'blonde', I lament the waste of another perfectly good brunette. Although I take the Britneys and Christinas as fair warning that what goes on inside their heads may well be as unnatural as what hapened on top of their heads!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/19/2004 12:41 pm
I once harboured dreams about becoming a scientist,but the physics program at the U of Nairobi is essentially crap,IMNSHO.
So I quit.
Instead of graduating.Then events led me to lead my family to believe I was too busy with other stuff and so we couldn't attend the graduation(it was a week ago).I guess I'll tell them eventually.
Now I'm in some sort of academic limbo,although I'm taking some UK computer course(part time)that could well lead to a job with a decent salary,although that's hardly my ambition.I don't want to become a great player.I want to build the stages on which the great players perform.
Frankly,even if I'd joined an A+ program,I still wasn't going to become a career research scientist.More like those A+ plus scientist who go on to found corporations(not necessarily on the strength of their inventions).
Then there's music.I'm crappy as I stand,but I have ideas.Who doesn't.
Oh well!
*Shrug*
# 3
Seve420
Seve420
05/20/2004 6:52 am
Originally Posted by: educatedfilmever seen them in a jar? I have hehehe...then again, Ive seen pretty much every part of anatomy either on a jar or on the actual body...
Disection is so unbelievably dull for those reading htis.. it's intresting for the first few hours...but when you total upto maybe 60hours there..it gets on your t-ts...never mind the swollen ankles from standing about...[/QUOTE]

My friend and I were in an anatomy museum with body parts in jars as well as a few oddities. We were looking a two headed fetus, whilst my friend was eating a Big Mac. A women close by was so disgusted she threw up.

[QUOTE=Dr_simon]Glad I changed to bugs, animal cells and yeast !

I'd prefer dissecting cow, sheep or rat parts parts than working with fridges full of bacteria and yeast. On one work experience, I went to a path lab of a hospital and worked in the micro biology wing for a few days. Opening up fridges with thousands of petry dishes of bacteria and yeast, the smell was overpowering. As well as growing stuff like Chlamydia, it wasn't nearly as good as cutting up skin and colon then making slides in Histology.

The worst thing I've heard about body parts is from a doctor in training at uni, who has some guys in the class the cut the penis off the corpse they used to examine, then went to the toilet in a urinal next to the prof and dropped the dick, as though it was their own, and pretended they were in pain.
Latest News: Bird and bee have sex with disastrous results
# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/20/2004 12:48 pm
Hummmm, check out a book called "Stiff" by Mary Roach. Me, I'm all for human composting !

As for working with microbes, well the yeast I work with makes bread and beer, so Im not really that terrified every time I open the fridge !

Good working practice is always used however this is more for the protection of the culture than myself!

I'm just not that threatened by a VPS18/PEP4 knockout !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 5
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
05/20/2004 3:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonBSc (Hons): Ecology
MSc: Cell and Enzyme Technology
Cell Biology Tech at the Hamersmith Hospital (Diabetic Retinopathy Unit)
PhD: Cell Biology and Drug Delivery (U of London)
First Postdoc Drug Delivery (U of London)
Second Postdoc Cell Biology (U of Iowa)

I'm currently researching the the regulation of mammalian endocytic fusion events, particularly the role of the mammalian late VPS orthologues. These peripheral membrane proteins interact with: SNARE proteins, Rab GTPases and surprisingly also the cytoskeleton. We are currently perusing the idea that as well as mediating a biochemical regulatory role over early endosomal homotypic fusion events they also mediate spatial regulation by virtue of there cytoskeletal interactions.

My PhD was designing and characterizing soluble polymeric macromolecular "drug" delivery systems and Im currently looking for a faculty position to integrate the cell biology with the Drug delivery.

Dammit Jon, I'm a guitarist/supermoderator, not a doctor!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/20/2004 8:07 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanDammit Jon, I'm a guitarist/supermoderator, not a doctor!
hmm... my Treckie past is still haunting me...

Bones! Drop what you're doing and report to the bridge!
... What's that smell?
:rolleyes:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/20/2004 8:22 pm
Im fairly sure some one is having a laugh at my expense however as I am now totally lost I'm fairly sure I don't mind !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 8
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
05/21/2004 1:21 am
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonIm fairly sure some one is having a laugh at my expense however as I am now totally lost I'm fairly sure I don't mind !

Ever watch Star Trek? Or, for that matter, ever read any issue of MAD magazine? It's not at your expense... it's at the expense of one Deforest Kelley:

... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.