Favorite Gutars?

DavidMeb
DavidMeb
10/18/2021 9:16 pm

I picked up a factory second Wolfgang Special on Reverb. Super nice - feels and sounds great.

# 1
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
10/19/2021 2:09 am
Originally Posted by: William MG

This is an old thread... glad Jim picked it up.

Problem for me, is guitars are like girls. As soon as I see a pretty one...haha.

Well, married for 33 years and the one girl that would put up with me has allowed me many fancies from bikes and cars to now guitars.

If I see it and it turns me on, I want it.

PS:

I see that matonanjin2 has Seagull S6 Classic. I have the S6 Slim. Lovely guitars!

And I realized now I said '58 when I meant '59. Gawd... I hate this keyboard. It causes me to make mistakes. ;)

# 2
Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
10/20/2021 9:45 pm

so many to choose from!

Electric

My favorite-G&L ASAT Tribute. I have become a big fan of the MFD pickups and the neck is great! I own this one

S&G (epi and gibson)-love the neck, sold it as I downsized and kept the the G&L

Gretch hollow body (don't own one yet)

Acoustic

Guild

Martin

Godin (Seagull, Art & Luthier)

Acoustic small batch

Iris

Collings

Bourgeois (sp?)

Waterloo

I have downsized to two guitars-the Iris CH and G&L, both are the ones I kept going to, and I needed the space. If I were to buy another guitar-it would be a Martin JR for travel.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

# 3
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
10/31/2021 6:05 pm

I've added two Harley Benton DC Juniors to my collection of guitars (one with standard P90 and a second with a stacked P90) and then just for kicks added an SC Junior as well. Love the sound of these guitars and they feel REALLY good. Ok, yeah, it was an old thread, but I love hearing what other people are playing as well..

# 4
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
10/31/2021 11:46 pm

Selmer Maccaferri - round sound hole. Just a tad on the expensive side, though

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 5
ross145
ross145
11/07/2021 5:06 pm

I have a new favorite guitar.

I played it and it's so perfect that I must buy it in the next month.

https://www.awkwardsound.com/gretsch-g5425-electromatic-jet-club-electric-guitar-review/

# 6
Sour_Note
Full Access
Sour_Note
Full Access
11/10/2021 3:59 am

I tend to go back and forth. I have a few but love them all. If I had to choose 1 that I own, it would be my PRS single cut McCarty. But I suspect my favorite is the one that I haven't liberated from the guitar store yet. Eyeing a hollowbody PRS that is beautiful.

I'm an older guy and not a very good player (yet) but I love a nice looking guitar that sounds good.

# 7
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
11/10/2021 8:45 am

Favourite guitar?

"It's that one. Erm, no, maybe that one and the other one I was just trying in the shop. Oooo, and that one hanging over there. Oh, and I need to get a Les Paul; you know, that black one I saw last week.

"Effect pedals???? Oh, please don't mention those. I have a hard enough time picking guitars....."

Any of that sound familiar???

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 8
Sore.fingers
Sore.fingers
11/12/2021 7:07 am
Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

Favourite guitar?

"It's that one. Erm, no, maybe that one and the other one I was just trying in the shop. Oooo, and that one hanging over there. Oh, and I need to get a Les Paul; you know, that black one I saw last week.

"Effect pedals???? Oh, please don't mention those. I have a hard enough time picking guitars....."

Sounds familiar, but I try to resist that inner voice I'm very happy with my Squier CV 50's telecaster in butterscotch blonde.

# 9
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
11/12/2021 2:11 pm

I have a butterscotch blonde Tele. Only colour to pick in my opinion

# 10
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
11/14/2021 4:34 pm

Favourite guitar?

ROFL!!! My girlfriend has been trying to get me banned from the local guitar store (I say local as opposed to the big chain stores) because I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go into a guitar shop. She tries watching my internet use for sites like Thomann or Sweetwater. LOL... good luck with that, sweetheart. At least if I am feeding the addiction, in this case, no one but my wallet gets hurt.

I just picked up a Harley Benton version of the old Stratacoustic and I'm loving it. Yes, had to do some minor adjustment work on it, but once done it plays great. Granted, fiberglass isn't as resonant as wood, but for just sitting around noodling and working on ideas it is a great little tool. Oh man, it is LIGHT... running in around 4 lbs as opposed to my LP Juniors which are around 9-10 pounds each... yeah, it's an addiction, no doubt.

# 11
tony.harper
tony.harper
01/08/2022 3:29 pm

What is the best guitar( 1000 or less for a beginner? I have a fender acoustic/electric I bought used for 250 that sounds great but the body is a bit wider than I like. I've been practicing for about 4 months and if I stick with it another 6 I want to upgrade. So many brands / options it's a bit overwhelming

# 12
GordonAll
Full Access
GordonAll
Full Access
01/08/2022 7:05 pm
Originally Posted by: tony.harper

What is the best guitar( 1000 or less for a beginner? I have a fender acoustic/electric I bought used for 250 that sounds great but the body is a bit wider than I like. I've been practicing for about 4 months and if I stick with it another 6 I want to upgrade. So many brands / options it's a bit overwhelming

It depends on what you want your guitar to do, and if your preference is for electric or acoustic. Loads of very good acoustics in your price range, I can recommend the Faith Venus series (I’ve got a Blood Moon Venus that I would never part with). It’s smaller than a dreadnaught, got a solid top, back, & sides, has good kit, and comes with a hard case – all for under a grand. It doesn’t come with a pick guard but if that is an issue you can have one fitted. I think the guitars are selling for around the £700 mark at the moment.

# 13
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
03/03/2022 9:01 pm
Originally Posted by: Jim Stanford

I've added two Harley Benton DC Juniors to my collection of guitars (one with standard P90 and a second with a stacked P90) and then just for kicks added an SC Junior as well. Love the sound of these guitars and they feel REALLY good. Ok, yeah, it was an old thread, but I love hearing what other people are playing as well..

Well, since last I wrote, I got bitten by the guitar-buying bug again. Just ordered a new Harley Benton ST-70 Black Paisley strat copy and I think I am in love with the pattern. I got to play a friend of mine's who bought this guitar and I finally pulled the trigger. I love that pattern in the paint. Yeah, it may get the standard upgrade path for me (new tuners, string trees, strings, and proper setup), but I really like the sound and feel of these Harley Benton's. For all the F & G purists out there, it's all good... I hear that it's the most sincere form of flattery when you copy a great design.

Kudos and thanks to Anders Mouridsen on his Southern Rock lessons. I took some of those tips and tricks and worked them into my music a bit and I am really liking the direction I am heading in. Still a lot of work ahead of me, but thanks for those lessons. Gave me some great new ideas (to me) and I'm digging the h*ll out of them. Thanks.

# 14
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/03/2022 10:03 pm

I find the whole guitar acquiring thing to be kind of like having food poisoning. No matter how often you go, the feeling soon wells up inside of you again and you start jonesing for a guitar store.... but in a good way.

Nicolai

# 15
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
03/04/2022 2:59 pm

I now have this narrowed down to three models to complete my collection: Gibson Les Paul, Ibanez Jem, and a Fender Strat. Worst of all, I have the cash but can't justify spending around £10k more on what only amounts to a hobby.

# 16
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/06/2022 5:45 am

I now have this narrowed down to three models to complete my collection: Gibson Les Paul, Ibanez Jem, and a Fender Strat.

Just curious, which models of Les Paul and Strat are you considering, and why?

# 17
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/06/2022 5:52 am
Originally Posted by: Jim_Stanford

Just ordered a new Harley Benton ST-70 Black Paisley strat copy and I think I am in love with the pattern. I got to play a friend of mine's who bought this guitar and I finally pulled the trigger. I love that pattern in the paint.

C'mon Jim, don't do that to us. Show us the goods! Post a pic, pleeeeeeeease :)

# 18
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
03/06/2022 8:05 pm
Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

C'mon Jim, don't do that to us. Show us the goods! Post a pic, pleeeeeeeease :)

Just waiting on it to arrive. I'll see if it will allow me to attach a pic once it arrives.

# 19
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/06/2022 8:19 pm
Originally Posted by: Jim_Stanford

Just waiting on it to arrive. I'll see if it will allow me to attach a pic once it arrives.

Thanks, can't wait!

Check out the buttons at the top of your editing window. One of them allows you to "insert/edit image".

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.