View post (Favorite Gutars?)

View thread

Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
03/03/2022 9:01 pm
Originally Posted by: Jim Stanford

I've added two Harley Benton DC Juniors to my collection of guitars (one with standard P90 and a second with a stacked P90) and then just for kicks added an SC Junior as well. Love the sound of these guitars and they feel REALLY good. Ok, yeah, it was an old thread, but I love hearing what other people are playing as well..

Well, since last I wrote, I got bitten by the guitar-buying bug again. Just ordered a new Harley Benton ST-70 Black Paisley strat copy and I think I am in love with the pattern. I got to play a friend of mine's who bought this guitar and I finally pulled the trigger. I love that pattern in the paint. Yeah, it may get the standard upgrade path for me (new tuners, string trees, strings, and proper setup), but I really like the sound and feel of these Harley Benton's. For all the F & G purists out there, it's all good... I hear that it's the most sincere form of flattery when you copy a great design.

Kudos and thanks to Anders Mouridsen on his Southern Rock lessons. I took some of those tips and tricks and worked them into my music a bit and I am really liking the direction I am heading in. Still a lot of work ahead of me, but thanks for those lessons. Gave me some great new ideas (to me) and I'm digging the h*ll out of them. Thanks.