View post (Favorite Gutars?)

View thread

Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
11/14/2021 4:34 pm
Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

Favourite guitar?

"It's that one. Erm, no, maybe that one and the other one I was just trying in the shop. Oooo, and that one hanging over there. Oh, and I need to get a Les Paul; you know, that black one I saw last week.

"Effect pedals???? Oh, please don't mention those. I have a hard enough time picking guitars....."

Any of that sound familiar???

ROFL!!! My girlfriend has been trying to get me banned from the local guitar store (I say local as opposed to the big chain stores) because I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go into a guitar shop. She tries watching my internet use for sites like Thomann or Sweetwater. LOL... good luck with that, sweetheart. At least if I am feeding the addiction, in this case, no one but my wallet gets hurt.

I just picked up a Harley Benton version of the old Stratacoustic and I'm loving it. Yes, had to do some minor adjustment work on it, but once done it plays great. Granted, fiberglass isn't as resonant as wood, but for just sitting around noodling and working on ideas it is a great little tool. Oh man, it is LIGHT... running in around 4 lbs as opposed to my LP Juniors which are around 9-10 pounds each... yeah, it's an addiction, no doubt.