Marcus Paus

Superhuman
Superhuman
11/09/2005 11:13 pm
Just thought I'd drop in my 10 cents...

I was conned into buying Fareri's first cd "Suspension" by a very dubious set of reviews that said he was the most amazing shredder ever... for the first time ever, I actually threw a cd in the bin after forcing myself to listen to it for about 30 mins. The guy has amazing technique and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to sound macho. Sure, he can play insanely fast but there IS zero emotion in his music, that's because he has no style. If you listen to any of his tracks the music just sounds like a collection of notes fed through midi at 300 bpm. No vibrato, horrible lifeless tone, no slides bends and he sounds even worse when playing at a slower pace. BUT, he could well be the fastest picker out there for what he does.
That said, he is trying something new and he has to be respected for the technique and idea behind his approach (still sounds like **** to my ears). I read an interview with him and he says that he never plays the same piece of music the same twice, that everything he does is improv. This actually makes sense because if you just throw together a load of scales and sweeps without a mellodic direction or theme then you get Fransesco Fareri. Some people love his stuff and he no doubt gets satisfaction from his work so there must be something there. In my mind he is one of the most over rated players of all time along with his buddy Vatali Kuprij (just like Fareri but on a keyboard).
As far an Michael Angelo goes, his one true masterpiece was No Boundaries, the whole under over technique sounds terrible and looks stupid. He's got a new cd coming out soon, looking forward to it as its supposed to be mostly neo-classical. Check out Theodore Ziras for similar technique and speed with far superior composition. Or how about George Bellas for crazy legatto.... or Vinnie Moore for impossible arpeggios?? Vai in my opinion has had his day. His music has gone the way of his fashion sense, arty farty and pretentious (still with a bizarre sense of genius). I reckon his last great work was Alien Love Secrets, things went downhill after that...
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/09/2005 11:16 pm
As for Marcus Paus, listen to his stuff then try to find the highest note on your fretboard... its not there - way past the 24th fret... I reckon his stuff is all sped up big time. His music is more interesting than Fareri but still has no theme or emotional content.
# 2
Fretfire
Fretfire
11/10/2005 1:01 pm
Your both right dudes, the Marcus Paus myth is over, Im trying to find the highest note on my 24 fret guitar and Its way past there, you need to have tune it about 8 fret higher (32 fret :eek: ) to reach it.

So I consulted my uncle who was a sound engineer and an audio expert, I burned that Caspersens Fetish and brought it to him. And you know what, the results were astounding.....according to him It was definitely SPED UP using a special software and the other thing we discover....it is actually played by two separate lead guitar parts combined and meld into one track, so the result would be insanely fast guitar playing! Its 2X CHEATING !!...Maybe thats the reason it was disqualified by Guiness as the fastest guitar playing ever.

I find it hard to believe at first that it was possible to combine two lead guitar parts in one and Sped it up twice faster....Ive done my research, and i found out it was really played by 2 guys, It was Marcus Paus and his student named Hagon? (it was spelled Norwegian). There I finally believed its true.

Now the only one that remained to be the Fastest for the record is FRANCESCO FARERI.

check this out > http://www.francescofareri.cim/fareri_shred.mpg

But It really doesnt matter coz He sucks BIGTIME, He's the worst Ive seen.
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/10/2005 2:04 pm
Originally Posted by: CW14Are you serious? Is Fareri actually worse? Is it POSSIBLE to write a worse song than that Mr. Cucumber thing?

And yeah, the file's definately been sped up. I'm not even sure that it is Marcus Paus anyway.

Ferari is actually worse, it's hard to believe untill you actually check him out. At least the guy is actually playing those insane runs though, have to give him that.
# 4
Vai_Rocks
Vai_Rocks
11/14/2005 10:53 pm
For the guy who said that Vai lost his musical sense since Alien Love, i just have to say... shut up xD
About this stuff of "Fareri vs Paus" both are sh¡* for me, anyways if you want to listen fast and a little bit (just a littler) of sense listen to Michael Angelo (another tasteless for me) and Rusty Cooley. I've seen Angelo live once.. and i can say that he really feels hes music, he enjoys it, but i dont like his style anyway. He also is graduated in a college of music.

Whatever, if Vai, Yngwie, Satch, Gilbert and Buckethead wouldnt have born, shreds wouldnt exist :) xD
[FONT=Century Gothic]"If you play something, try to sound better than the silence"

Marty Friedman[/FONT]
# 5
Kunundrum
Kunundrum
11/18/2006 3:11 pm
Guys, speed isn't everything. There's no more sense in this song: http://perso.club-internet.fr/fabienm/paus/secret.mp3

All we're hearing is like, percussive sounds and stuff that sounds like slides. Yeah, so you just played every note on the fretboard but what did the song sound like? Unlike Satch, Vai, Yngwie, and all the other REAL guitar heroes, Marcus was just speed. There's no more sense in playing his songs because they are so fast, you'll probably run out of notes, scales and modes to play in just a 3 minute song. If you play 60 notes a second and you keep that on for 3 minutes, nothing will happen. Nobody will understand ANY of the notes and you don'te even hear them anymore.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.