What shall i buy???

Katharsis
Katharsis
11/19/2003 4:00 pm
I'm searching for a very specific guitar..
-neck tru
-good floyd rose
-good pickups
-nice construction
-nice design
-medium price (800€... pretty much the same in $)

I've found these:
Ibanez RGT42
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RGT42

Esp-LTD m302
http://www.espguitars.com/html/m302.html

Need help and advisory.. thanx
And after I finish all of them, I will be the..... hummm... sorry, I didn't know you were there..
# 1
JSV
JSV
11/19/2003 5:54 pm
I'm sure you'll get a LOT of different advice here, but I believe that ANYTIME "IBANEZ" is part of the answer...

...the "question" is moot.

~JSV
# 2
TheTrooper
TheTrooper
11/19/2003 6:05 pm
Hey man I have an Mh-302 and its killer. I think the pickups are allright but I havent played through a really nice amp yet. This guitar has everything you want and it looks sweet to. Its got a lot of sustain and the fretboard feels nice but the finish scratches pretty easy. I bought mine for around $600
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/19/2003 7:42 pm
Originally posted by JSV
I'm sure you'll get a LOT of different advice here, but I believe that ANYTIME "IBANEZ" is part of the answer...

...the "question" is moot.

~JSV

Well, I like them but I can't say their much better than a Kramer or a Gibson...God, I love them Gibsons.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Katharsis
Katharsis
11/20/2003 7:11 pm
Gibson are not my style... I really love the "les paul gothic" but it is far away from my credit...
Krammer.... is a little bit away from portugal yet... :(
So... i got to stick with the ordinary, simple but with quality and affordable..
And after I finish all of them, I will be the..... hummm... sorry, I didn't know you were there..
# 5
SPL
SPL
11/20/2003 7:15 pm
I'd go with the Ibanez if I were you. Ibanez's bridge design tends to be superior in quality compared to other "Licensed Floyd Rose" bridges like the one on the ESP.
# 6
Katharsis
Katharsis
11/21/2003 6:25 pm
what about the pickups?
Anyone knows the ibanez infinity..
Are they better than the EMG-HZ???
# 7
SPL
SPL
11/21/2003 7:06 pm
Stock pickups usually are not the greatest money can buy. Since they are easy, and relatively cheap to swap, I would not let the quality of the pickups influence your decision on what guitar to get. What the guitar sounds like unplugged and ever more so, how it feels, are factors that are way more important since they cannot be changed.

All in all, I'm pretty sure the pickups in the Ibanez are probably not any better or worse than the ones in the ESP/LTD. Yet, it's very likely that you might prefer one over the other.
# 8
Katharsis
Katharsis
11/21/2003 7:27 pm
F**k... i hate u americans...
You guys have everything for almost half the price we have here... I'm sorry the fact is different when it becomes to pay-check day..
:(
Macdonalds should sell guitars.. ;)
# 9
JSV
JSV
11/21/2003 7:53 pm
Originally posted by Katharsis
what about the pickups?
Anyone knows the ibanez infinity..
Are they better than the EMG-HZ???

PICKUPS?? `Never gave it a thought, and I would hope the wise consumer wouldn't purchase (even a fairly expensive) guitar based on the terrible STOCK pickups it comes with.

Guitars are, and have been, part of my professional business for MANY years. I've worked for places where I've done authorized warranty service for Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, Peavey, an so-on, and so-on...
For my own business; I've been customizing, repairing, modifying, building, routing, chopping, hacking, re-shaping; my scalloped necks are some of the BEST you'll EVER see.

With that said; I can't think of anything I own that's "stock"?
If you're a "hobyist" and you fool around having fun w/guitar, it's a little different story. If you're SERIOUS, and you truly are looking for TONE and QUALITY in your instrument & sound; do yourselves a favour, stay as far away from "stock" pickups as you possibly can!!
"Generally Speaking", of course, stock pickups are sh*t & bite the big-one with venomous fangs!!

"To each; His own", But Dimarzio after-market are the BEST. Period. (I won't even waste my time arguing this on a message board.) In the 100+ years I've been installing pickups, I can't remember ONE client who was dissatisfied with his/her Dimarzio. That's the truth

EMG, only if you like "active".
Some exceptions (there are but a few), some Gibson stock pickups; Rickenbacker, Vintage Gretsch & Guild, a few.
Top of the line Ibanez 7-string models are equipped with an "after market" quality pickup. Like I said; there ARE some exceptions.

~JSV

# 10
JSV
JSV
11/21/2003 8:27 pm
PonyOne:
...You've been installing pickups for 100+ years??? Wow, dude, can you shoot lightning from your eyes too?...

YES, and I bite peoples necks, drink blood and can even make FLAMES come out of my aHrRsss (not necessarily in that order).

PonyOne:
...BTW, how much do you charge for scalloping and where are you located?...

I'd love to answer your question(s), my freind, but the only PROPER way would be for you visit our website & contact me from [there]. You're welcome to.

Even if I suggested you "e-mail" me from this post (regarding business), that "could be" considered a form of solicitation, and I haven't been authorized to do that here. I'd like to retain whatever small amount of respect I "may" have here, and I respect all the cats who maintain/moderate [this] website too.

BTW- I even emailed 'Guitar Tricks Forum' (11/05/03 12:48PM) as a formal request for a graphic/banner/ad, so we could 'link-to-here' from our site, but they haven't responded??

~JSV
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.