View thread

JSV
JSV
11/21/2003 7:53 pm
Originally posted by Katharsis
what about the pickups?
Anyone knows the ibanez infinity..
Are they better than the EMG-HZ???

PICKUPS?? `Never gave it a thought, and I would hope the wise consumer wouldn't purchase (even a fairly expensive) guitar based on the terrible STOCK pickups it comes with.

Guitars are, and have been, part of my professional business for MANY years. I've worked for places where I've done authorized warranty service for Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, Peavey, an so-on, and so-on...
For my own business; I've been customizing, repairing, modifying, building, routing, chopping, hacking, re-shaping; my scalloped necks are some of the BEST you'll EVER see.

With that said; I can't think of anything I own that's "stock"?
If you're a "hobyist" and you fool around having fun w/guitar, it's a little different story. If you're SERIOUS, and you truly are looking for TONE and QUALITY in your instrument & sound; do yourselves a favour, stay as far away from "stock" pickups as you possibly can!!
"Generally Speaking", of course, stock pickups are sh*t & bite the big-one with venomous fangs!!

"To each; His own", But Dimarzio after-market are the BEST. Period. (I won't even waste my time arguing this on a message board.) In the 100+ years I've been installing pickups, I can't remember ONE client who was dissatisfied with his/her Dimarzio. That's the truth

EMG, only if you like "active".
Some exceptions (there are but a few), some Gibson stock pickups; Rickenbacker, Vintage Gretsch & Guild, a few.
Top of the line Ibanez 7-string models are equipped with an "after market" quality pickup. Like I said; there ARE some exceptions.

~JSV