Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
01/02/2004 2:35 am
Oh, I get it, good thinking.:cool:
# 1
Blondie.dk
Blondie.dk
02/10/2005 1:04 am
I love both Yngwie and Michale Angelo Batio. But currently I'm mostly (read totally) into MAB. He blows my mind, both with his technique and his music. He's so diverse, combining Rock, Metal, Jazz and Neo Classical stuff in his music. Just awesome.
He's funny, he's smart and he's very nice.
He invented the Double Axe, Steve Vai has "admitted" that he copied it from MAB and that he wasn't very good at it.
OH... and MAB is an excellent piano player too.

If anyone want's to check out his forum, then You'll be more than welcome. We are very nice over there ;) http://deb13.proboards31.com/index.cgi

Blondie
MAB, Street Team
# 2
Blondie.dk
Blondie.dk
04/04/2005 3:09 pm
For more info on Michael Angelo Batio check out his website

# 3
BMG_SKULK
BMG_SKULK
04/04/2005 10:48 pm
Since this thing is about 20 pages long...haven't read all the responses yet.

My two cents...

Yngwie...though...not double handed playing wise...and who knows?...
maybe slower by a fraction of a note per second if they were to get
ridiculous and actually have a speed setting record...

Yngwie has written far far better MUSIC.

His melodies and overall compositional skills are 10 times
that of Angelo's. End of argument.

I like 'em both...but Yngwie is a far better Guitarist and Musician...IMHO.

Actually, I like MacAlpine better than either one of 'em.

If you have listened to Mac's entire catalogue, you know he's
just as fast as Angelo...and writes actual melodies as well.
Plus the guy just plays...perfect. Every note, every bend, vibrato,
is spot on.

Also, he would smoke Angelo on the keyboards/Piano.
Don't think MA even plays keyboards...much more difficult instrument
than Guitar. MacAlpine is a Concert Quality Pianist...
Sample of my music ETHEREAL
ALL MY MUSIC SOUNDS BEST...WITH SOME GOOD PHONES, AND PLAYED REALLY LOUD!!!!!!!!!

Try POWER DVD or a real piece of software.
WMP, Realplayer, and those little things kill...recordings...muffle them..take away the stereo field.
# 4
Blondie.dk
Blondie.dk
04/06/2005 7:57 pm
I Love speed, but all those players are so damn fast that I think it's silly to argue about whose faster.

The doubleaxe is a gimmick, like swinging the guitar around the neck or throwing it up in the air or burning it. Looks cool on stage :cool:

Compostions... some times I'm in the mood for Yngwies music, sometime for MABs. These days more MAB ;)
It all come down to taste and can't be stated as a fact!!!

MAB is a very skilled keyboard/piano played. As good as Macalpine... I don't know :confused:
# 5
guitarhero05
guitarhero05
04/06/2005 10:00 pm
i agree with blondie. they both play at the speed of light. kinda different styles though as yngwie seems to always go classical and what i have head of batio, he tends to mix it up a little more.
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/07/2005 12:06 am
Musically they're both equally monotonous
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7
alucard0941
alucard0941
04/07/2005 3:40 am
none

both are overrated...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 8
guitarhero05
guitarhero05
04/10/2005 12:58 am
ah, i believe you are right, yngwie is not a classical musician. i merely meant that he had heavy classical influences in his playing as he does say that himself. i just went to a vai concert last night however, and i think that vai is by far more versatile then either yngwie or batio. but i guess that is just a personal preference as vai does always sound like himself which i do not think is exactly a bad thing...... it is good to have your own voice on guitar.
# 9
alucard0941
alucard0941
04/10/2005 2:33 am
BUT!!

i do belive if in a guitar duel, Batio could mop the floor with Malmsteen.
There are millions of people like Malmsteen now, so I guess Malmsteen isnt the best neo-classical guitarist.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 10
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/10/2005 5:21 am
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburn( I dont exactly know if you would consider chopin a classical pianist or not though)

Technically he's a romantic, but most people today lump all the genres into "classical" because they don't know anything.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/10/2005 11:22 am
Muhammed suizmez...kicks both of them and takes their lunch money.This guy composes the most technical yet still melodic metal.Its death metal,but still.Most inventive licks and riffs too.He is chuck shuldiner reincarnated with uber soloing.
everything he does is perfection.

Necrophagist!
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
Blondie.dk
Blondie.dk
04/11/2005 6:35 pm
One little kid to the other: "My daddy can beat Your daddy"
The other kid: "Big deal... as can my mommy"

:D :D :D
# 13
jk_647
jk_647
04/16/2005 12:57 pm
How can you compare two such amazing versatile guitarists two one an other
they both can play incredibly fast there is no doubt about that what so ever, but who can play faster you ask.... who knows. But one thing is definatly for sure as amazing as MA is he does shred for shred sake alot of the time, where as yngwie plays alot more musicaly and i think, is alot more musical and still to this day plays alot better than the new shrdders that play fast wheather it be good or bad yngwie will alwyas have somehtign over the rest he just has that egde about him like vai and satch they are just soo cool nobody can compare as good as they are. But people will alwyas have favourtie guitarists and diffrent opinions yngwie is definatly not my favourite guitarists but better than Mr.Angelo
in my opinon!!!
Jk
Why doesn't my amp go up to 11, :(
Spinal Tap Rock
# 14
BMG_SKULK
BMG_SKULK
04/17/2005 4:05 am
Originally Posted by: StarjammerThis Italian guy's pretty fast...

http://www.francescofareri.com/main.htm

Go to the video section and download the 1:42 "Guitar Solo".

Impressive stuff.

I watched several of his videos...and listened to some mp3's of
this guy, both on his own CD's and as a Guest on others.

I'm going to be nice and just say....this guy is not my cup o' tea.

I can play the same exercises over and over until they become a blur.

There is not much...MUSIC in this guy's playing.

Just my view...go get your own.

As for this Micheal Romeo Symphony X.

I'm windowed at their site...listening to Inferno...

Uh...any recommends for this guy?

Thanks...
ALL MY MUSIC SOUNDS BEST...WITH SOME GOOD PHONES, AND PLAYED REALLY LOUD!!!!!!!!!

WMP, Realplayer, and those little things kill...recordings...muffle them..take away the stereo field.
# 15
BMG_SKULK
BMG_SKULK
04/17/2005 4:07 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonTechnically he's a romantic, but most people today lump all the genres into "classical" because they don't know anything.

You are correct...nice to know I'm not the only guy with too much time
on his hands.

# 16
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/17/2005 4:17 am
Originally Posted by: BMG_SKULKYou are correct...nice to know I'm not the only guy with too much time on his hands.

Like Styx?

Hey, don't confuse a thirst for knowledge with too much time on one's hands.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 17
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/17/2005 4:20 am
I agree, BMG Skulk. Not much music in Fareri's playing. Wish I could play that fast, if only for the reason that I would have so many more options open to me.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 18
BMG_SKULK
BMG_SKULK
04/17/2005 4:23 am
Listening to Communion and the Oracle.

Least they have a sense of ebb and flow...

Not my fave style.

Reminds me of that Chic Great Kat...although the melodies are much
better defined...and the Guitars have a good tone.

But it's like they have taken violin or orchestra music, and simply
applied to keyboards and guitars.

Not the same style or genre as Yngwie...who composed his own
music but with the guitar in mind from the beginning...not injecting
little runs here and there on top of elevator-music like renditions of
"Classical" music.

This guy have any solo stuff...ie. no singer...etc.?

I'll take MacAlpine, Lynch, Vai, Satriani, and Malmsteen against
anyone else mentioned here.[/posting in this thread]

# 19
Fretfire
Fretfire
07/08/2005 2:04 pm
After reading all these post, I realized one thing, as Blondie.dk says it:" I Love speed, but all those players are so damn fast that I think it's silly to argue about whose faster. It all come down to taste and can't be stated as a fact!!! "

I love Michael and Yngwie, both are exceptional and super fast, Im a fan of both, but I think Yngwie has an edge, If ever they will have a duel ala Crossroads, Yngwie will win IF Michael wont strut His circus acts, and just base on sheer speed and most of all Musical sense. Anyway I downloaded and bought the videos of all the other players mentioned here is what Ive observed.

Francesco Fareri- "He also has ZERO songwriting or improvisational skills, can NOT play slow, NO sense of melody, and a practically nonexistent vibrato.
Besides, I've heard him play with a clean sound (as opposed to his regular hyper-distorted, over-processed/compressed sound), and he ain't hitting half of those notes.-aiwass" I 100% agree, just a pure wanker, any shredder can play at that speed coz its just mindless finger flapping.

Rusty Cooley - Very good technique, but worse songwritting and besides He feels tense in the video, His arms are locking and If you know how to read body language It seems he is just showboating by really playing as fast as he could and trying to show to every one he's the fastest shredder. Sorry Rusty you cant fake it, youre not the fastest.

George Bellas-- Awesome player, great technique, controlled speed. very fast but knows when to use speed and not being out of control all the time like Rusty and Francesco. ( Download his videos to see my point : http://www.georgebellas.com )

Michael Romeo--Very melodic player, fast but not fast enough compared to Yngwie and Michael Angelo. But still Michael Romeo is extra ordinary.

Michael Angelo-- Simply fantastic player, He's on the top 5 fastest ever, but definitely not the fastest, His advantage is showmanship, playing both hands at the same time, Its so amusing to watch, When I download Speedkills (the old ones) I was impressed not with the music but by the showmanship and I also laugh myself out by his looks. I love him for that, it gives me inspiration and comic relief when I feel blue. But in fairness to his music, Its far more better than Rusty and Francesco Fareri.Listen to Full Force and Prog its great but not In the level of Malmsteen.

Yngwie Malmsteen --- Ive read comments from poeple that he's boring and repetitive, but to every comment you should have an open mind and check it for yourself whether its true or not to be fair, so I download two of his songs namely: Black Star and the Trilogy Suite 5 video. I dont find it boring but I was really blown away by those songs, very powerful and a spectacular display of speed and virtousity. He can play slow and very fast but still create beautiful passages and maintain control over speed, very clear crisp picking even distorted, you can hear the notes picked. Even Steve Vai once said that Yngwie is on top of the heap when it comes to speed picking, It's coming from Vai so I dont take it for granted. Plus Yngwie Malmsteen COULD be the fastest IF he wants too, he just dont fully show his top notch speed, coz according to him he maintains his speed at a "Normal level" so that it is still listenable, see my point. There's a big difference in being fast and trying to play fast.......Yngwie is very fast coz he is really fast while Rusty Cooley, Fareri or sometimes even Michael plays their song really fast because they are trying to be the fast for speeds sake. In conclusion its really music that matters not speed alone. See....Rusty Cooley is fast, but he is not god..............Hendrix, Page, Vai and Malmsteen is god, Why..because Its music that matters most. PEACE.
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.