michael angelo or yngwie malmsteen

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/01/2003 10:20 pm
no - english is not my first language. but feel free to correct me, Mr. Grammar-king.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
12/01/2003 10:33 pm
sure...never start a sentence with "but". I think Yngwie would win personally..IMHO i think Angelo's music is boring. I like Micheal Romeo's music but i dont think hes the greatest.
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 2
Death55
Death55
12/02/2003 12:47 pm
I think Micheal Romeo is a good guitarist from what i have heard from symphony X. Just thinking about how simple and boring Tom Morello is. I dont understand how he could be so rubbish after being taught by angelo.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 3
Death55
Death55
12/03/2003 9:40 am
I bet angelo is really disapointed with morello !
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 4
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/03/2003 2:14 pm
I bet not.
Tom Morello can shred, but guitar playing is not about shredding only. He doesnt shred because he has no reason to. RATM was a really good band both live and in studio and they didnt need super fast solos to sound good. I dont like the whole "i can make guitar noises with my asshole" kind of soloing, but tom morello's playing in ratm wasnt about that only. Hes a great rhythm player, he writes good riffs and theres no place or need in fast solos in his songs.

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 5
Death55
Death55
12/05/2003 11:57 am
You may think his riffs are good but they are simple. I dont think much of his soloing either. I agree that you dont have to shred to be good but he could at least make the solo's a bit more technical !
# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/05/2003 1:55 pm
Some of Morello's early "Jazzy" solos are some of the most tasteful I've ever heard.

I think he does write good riffs, but he also tends to stick to a formula that has been kinda old since Evil Empire.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
12/05/2003 8:26 pm
Tom is not a bad player by any means,but he is limited and very overated(due to other peoples lack of exposure).

I could sit down with a chrome slide and my whammy bar and crap out his 'unique' style.And has anyone heard about some sorta etcha-sketch type thing he has that he almost draws out his solos on???Just a rumor...but that would be extremley cheesy.

I would like to see the process he writes his stuff in.

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 8
sambob
sambob
12/05/2003 8:40 pm
Morello's 'jazz' playing is nothing. The chording is about as generic as any jazz progression I could think of. The playing is always over one mode all the time, nothing spectacular.
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/05/2003 9:14 pm
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
Tom is not a bad player by any means,but he is limited and very overated(due to other peoples lack of exposure).

When Les Claypool says that most people haven't even begun to hear what the man can do on a guitar, I take his word for it. Yeah, we haven't heard him do anything too terribly groundbreaking on an album, but if you care to listen to the word drifting out from the back stage area, the man's an absolute monster.

On a final note, I never said those jazz solos were revolutionary, complicated or difficult, I said they were tasteful.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
TheDirt
TheDirt
12/06/2003 12:54 am
"Michael Romeo is a god."
- anonymous, off another guitar forum

I second that motion!
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 11
Death55
Death55
12/09/2003 10:10 am
I just downloaded a few vids of michael romeo playing some of symphony x solo's last night. He is really good and the guitar he uses looks just like mine :)
# 12
Starjammer
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Starjammer
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/30/2003 11:48 pm
This Italian guy's pretty fast...

http://www.francescofareri.com/main.htm

Go to the video section and download the 1:42 "Guitar Solo".

Impressive stuff.
# 13
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
12/31/2003 8:47 pm
Originally posted by xpayxphonex
who do you think would win a guitar duel michael angelo or yngwie. I'm not sure. Both are good.

A guitar duel? Please, grow up!
# 14
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/31/2003 8:55 pm
Originally posted by aiwass
He also has ZERO songwriting or improvisational skills, can NOT play slow, NO sense of melody, and a practically nonexistent vibrato.

Besides, I've heard him play with a clean sound (as opposed to his regular hyper-distorted, over-processed/compressed sound), and he ain't hitting half of those notes.

Let me recommend something... a little more refined :D:

http://www.georgebellas.com

Whom are you talking about?

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 15
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
12/31/2003 9:00 pm
Originally posted by Zeppelin
[QUOTE]

Whom are you talking about?

George Bellas, guitarist in Ring Of Fire. Before that, he talked **** about Francesco.
# 16
sambob
sambob
01/01/2004 3:56 pm
I must correct you on that..

George Bellas was guitarist for Ring of Fire for ONE album (not even one of their best albums by any means..). Their full time guitarist, both in the studio and on tour (and I'm assuming one of the big songwriters in the band), is the legendary Tony Macalpine.

But I do agree with you on George Bellas, he beats the pants off Francesco Fareri - although, they play totally different styles, I find them hard to compare.

On a side note, I have Francesco Fareri's album (I was pretty impressed with him after that Jemfest UK hype, and had high hopes he was going to be as cool as the US Jemfest's big guy, Rusty Cooley), and I can't say that its even slightly good at all. The production is terrible, and the songwriting (the few melodies you can identify) are the same, on each song (or very very similiar). But, more importantly, about the only thing you can hear during ever entire song is 16th triplets at some ungodly speed (usually for several minutes).
# 17
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
01/01/2004 4:46 pm
Originally posted by aiwass
I was referring to Francesco Fareri. Then I suggested George Bellas as a far superior player in the same genre.

Ah.. i thought we were still talking about Michael Romeo
Stupid me :\

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 18
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
01/02/2004 12:25 am
Originally posted by sambob
I must correct you on that..

George Bellas was guitarist for Ring of Fire for ONE album (not even one of their best albums by any means..). Their full time guitarist, both in the studio and on tour (and I'm assuming one of the big songwriters in the band), is the legendary Tony Macalpine.

Dude, I know that, come on. I was just saying what band he played in.
# 19
sambob
sambob
01/02/2004 1:57 am
Thats fine, I just wanted to make sure people were well informed about hi.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.