Am I being too picky, lazy, thick, etc. or this lesson is kind of half-arsed...?

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/06/2023 11:16 am
#20 Originally Posted by: tgchan

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/31350

I think I have found another one.

The first passage is played with the thing in a circle at the end instead of what notation shows. The second passage and others is played how the notation shows but it doesn't show that the first time it ends with

--

--

--

--

-8-

-6-

Can someone check this please?

Dave plays the first 2 measures twice m.60-61, then thereafter he alternates those measures with the following 2 m.62-63.

Thanks for the heads up!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 21
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
11/22/2023 4:26 am

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/19898

half step from 12>13 fret looks actually to be the 13 to 14th fret. Am I right? (It can have something to do with the fact that the song is originally tuned half-step down which the video doesn't even mention about...)

I am... and I really would like to trust GT to do their job so I coulb be a happy customer who follows professionals who know how to do their job properly...

Every single song I start I pick up some mistakes, inconsistencies along the way...

edited
# 22
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/22/2023 12:20 pm
#22 Originally Posted by: tgchan

half step from 12>13 fret looks actually to be the 13 to 14th fret. Am I right? (It can have something to do with the fact that the song is originally tuned half-step down which the video doesn't even mention about...)

I am... and I really would like to trust GT to do their job so I coulb be a happy customer who follows professionals who know how to do their job properly...

Every single song I start I pick up some mistakes, inconsistencies along the way...

It looks like the songs you are finding these inconsistencies are some older rock ones.  I'm not sure exactly what that indicates.  :)  But I will have a look at it & pass any mistakes along to the notation team.  Thanks!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 23
rd5461885
rd5461885
11/29/2023 8:51 pm

I totally understand your frustration with inconsistencies—it can be tough when you're striving for a seamless learning experience. Your concerns matter, and I'll escalate this to the notation and admin team for thorough review. It's crucial for the material to be accurate. Sometimes, the vastness of content makes it challenging, but striving for clarity is our goal. If this lesson's causing frustration, it might help to focus on something else until it's rectified. Your feedback is valuable—thanks for letting us know!

# 24
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
11/30/2023 4:29 am

Thank you, guys. I am still patiently waiting for it to be fixed. I am focusin on the instructor but sometimes when I learn and look at notation to recollect parts quickly it throws me off the learning curve because I have to remember a few mistakes along the way and my eyes see something different, my brain remembers something else and my fingers are like so wtf were we supposed to play!? :)

# 25
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
12/19/2023 4:30 am

Any chance it will be fixed before 2024?

# 26
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
12/29/2023 5:37 am

one month later... still not fixed...

# 27
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/29/2023 3:34 pm
#27 Originally Posted by: tgchan

one month later... still not fixed...

Hey, I will check on this with the notation team or admin.  Be warned that we are approaching a long holiday weekend so we might not hear back until the beginning of the year!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 28
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
02/04/2024 4:21 am

Is there any specific reason why the lesson has still not been fixed?

Should I wait another 2 months? 

# 29
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/04/2024 3:16 pm

Regarding https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/19898

"half step from 12>13 fret looks actually to be the 13 to 14th fret."

It looks like this one is fixed.  Is there another part of the riff or song you're referring to?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 30
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
03/03/2024 11:14 am

Why do I have to do your (GT TRICKS) work? Do I really have to show every single mistake? Isn't someone else getting paid to do it? Is this free service where we all come in and chime in and improve things altogether or do we pay for a certain amount of professionalism on your end? Is it really that hard to watch the video and correct inconsistencies in notation that show something different from being taught in the video?

This is really pissing me off and I feel like WE/customers are expected to do your (GT TRICKS) work. WTF? How am I even learn something new from such unreliable source? You've lost almost all trust and credibility in my eyes. I have reported the mistakes and in the process the whole song should be thoroughly checked. Instead you are asking me for another piece that might be wrong? 

Why does even GT TRICKS send me those annual POLLS where it asks how the service might be improved? How about  starting with checking the forum and the material your are posting and trying to teach the world with.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxtkDQgT3kE

Maybe this will help. I literally have to go somewhere else to check correct tabs... I am not taking about different variations but the TABS THAT ALLIGN WITH THE VIDEO YOU HAVE CREATED/

Are you taking those tabs off the internet without checking/reviewing them and gluing them together with the videos you are putting out?

Maybe if I know the process a little better I will be able to understand why so many lessons are ridden with blatant mistakes.

Please correct me if I am missing some important bits / I am wrong in what I have just written / expect too much from the "the best free online guitar lessons available."

And to answer your question, Chris.

You are literally forcing me to be that one guy who isn't happy with the service no matter what... and guess what YOU ARE WRONG. I am very happy with it hence I am not very active on the forum; I am actually practicing and learning from GT TRICKS but when I take my time and effort and let you guys know that some lessons have some mistakes DO NOT EXPECT ME TO DO YOU WORK/

I pay GT TRICKS no the other way round. 

Once again... Am I wrong? I don't ask for some super private 1vs1 lessons for the same price or anything else... Just check what you post/put out as a learning material and if someone says there's something wrong with something... check it and take care of it...

Your question could have been answered if you bothered to play the video and watch it for 30sec...

I assume it is not your job that is why you didn't/

edited
# 31
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/03/2024 3:57 pm

I'm sorry for your frustration.  Let's back up here a minute.

Yes, I create lessons for GT & help with some of the other tasks.  But I don't work on every lesson, nor was I involved on every lesson.  I didn't teach this lesson, I didn't do the notation for this lesson, I was not in any way part of its production.  It's not my job to go through every single song lesson video to look for errors. 

This particular tutorial notation was done by someone that doesn't work for GT any longer & hasn't for years.  I'm not sure how long.  Many of the older tutorials were done by independent contractor musicians that do some work for a while & then move on.  That's very much the nature of the business and industry as a whole.

Now, back to the problem you are having.  Yes, you are right, it should have been done correctly in the first place.  But I'm not even familiar with the song.  So I'm just trying to come along 10 years after the fact & look for inconsistencies between what the teacher plays & notation.  

I did watch the whole video lesson in question a few times all the way through & forwarded the instruction to fix it to the notation team. 

But I didn't ask anyone to go through the whole song tutorial looking for errors.   So, I will do that now & hopefully get this one fixed entirely.

Sorry again for you frustration.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 32
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/11/2024 2:27 pm

I went through this entire tutorial & sent a list of notation errors to the notation team.  They also went through the tutorial & completely redid the notation for the entire tutorial.

This is a link to the performance video which contains the entire new corrected notation images.  All the individual lesson notation images should also be update.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/19905

In addition, I've recommended spot checking all the notation done around the same time, by this contractor to look for potential errors to fix.

Again, sorry for your frustration & hope this helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 33
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
03/15/2024 3:07 pm
#33 Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

I went through this entire tutorial & sent a list of notation errors to the notation team.  They also went through the tutorial & completely redid the notation for the entire tutorial.

This is a link to the performance video which contains the entire new corrected notation images.  All the individual lesson notation images should also be update.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/19905

In addition, I've recommended spot checking all the notation done around the same time, by this contractor to look for potential errors to fix.

Again, sorry for your frustration & hope this helps!

Thank you, Chris.

If only the rest of GT (past/present/future) were that solid/

# 34
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/15/2024 7:00 pm
#34 Originally Posted by: tgchan

Thank you, Chris.

If only the rest of GT (past/present/future) were that solid/

You're welcome!  Hope your access issue is resolved soon.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 35
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
03/17/2024 5:30 am

One more slipped from the team. I am only sure about the first cirlce though. 

There's another quick 17th hammer on&pull off before it goes into a descending pull offs

# 36
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/17/2024 9:22 pm

I will look into it!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 37
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
03/21/2024 4:14 am

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/19903

4:07

# 38
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
03/21/2024 10:22 am

and that's the end of this thread

"

Hi TGCHAN,

Good afternoon. We've noticed you've been really active on the forum lately, and we appreciate all the feedback you've been sharing. However, we've also noticed that some of your interactions with both staff and fellow members haven't been as kind as we'd like them to be. It's important to remember that everyone here is part of a community, and kindness and respect go a long way in fostering a positive environment. If the behavior continues, we may need to disable your forum posting abilities, which we really don't want to do. So let's try to keep things friendly and constructive moving forward! Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,
Danie
GT Admin

"

I would continue reporting mistakes/problems but I feel GT cannot appreciate the value of someone's time, money and effort they put it. Especially with their attitude.

Sorry, if I have offended you in any way, ChristopherSchlegel

You were actually the one trying to rise up to the quality GT is marketing round. Unfortunately you cannot do everything yourself. I appreciate your input and once again... if I offended you in any way... I was only because GT has failed me many times on its very basic level.

Cheers/

# 39
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/21/2024 2:36 pm

I appreciate your apology.  You didn't offend me.  I will continue to get errors & inconsistencies fixed whenever or where ever they are found.  Patience in this process is appreciated!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 40

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.