Returner

jvdburgt
Full Access
jvdburgt
Full Access
06/26/2023 9:29 am

Hello I am Hans. Next year I am 70 years old. Recently I started playing guitar after a long period. It was a "must" while two of my grandchilderen started also playing guitar. So granddad has a task to do. 😀 In the sixties I had a simple Egmond acoustic guitar, build in Eindhoven (NL), the same as one of the first guitars of Paul McCartney. In 1967 I played in a schoolband as rythm guitarist. Again on an Egmond, an electric version with one element, fully restored by an empolyee of Philips. Later on I learned playing on several other instruments: whistle, baritone horn and trombone. And the last 15 years I was a singer in a events choir. See: https://youtu.be/H6UvK5Qv278

I like GuitarTricks with it's fenominal educative structure. It contains everything I need to play,... or learning to play.
And what for my very helpfull is, is the parallel presentation of the scores. 

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/26/2023 5:26 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: jvdburgt

Hello I am Hans. Next year I am 70 years old. Recently I started playing guitar after a long period. It was a "must" while two of my grandchilderen started also playing guitar. So granddad has a task to do. 😀 In the sixties I had a simple Egmond acoustic guitar, build in Eindhoven (NL), the same as one of the first guitars of Paul McCartney. In 1967 I played in a schoolband as rythm guitarist. Again on an Egmond, an electric version with one element, fully restored by an empolyee of Philips. Later on I learned playing on several other instruments: whistle, baritone horn and trombone. And the last 15 years I was a singer in a events choir. See: https://youtu.be/H6UvK5Qv278

I like GuitarTricks with it's fenominal educative structure. It contains everything I need to play,... or learning to play.
And what for my very helpfull is, is the parallel presentation of the scores. 

Welcome back to the guitar world! Thanks for joining up with us, we are happy to have you here. The forum is an awesome place to connect with other players such as yourself, and instructors for any playing questions you may have. If you have any technical issues with the site, please reach out to us at admin@guitartricks.com

We hope you enjoy this continued journey you are on! Rock on! 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/27/2023 3:16 pm

Welcome, Hans!

How exciting to know you have found this fantastic resource (GuitarTricks!) to help guide you towards playing your guitar in new fun ways!

Bravo!

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
jvdburgt
Full Access
jvdburgt
Full Access
08/05/2023 3:45 pm

I started on 21 June this year. Now I am working at Acoustic Style level 1. The fingerpicking exercise with my thumb and fingers on individual snares is the most difficult issue till now. I am very satisfied with the course. Every day one hour for practice my skills at the same time. With a lot of calluses already on my fingertips. 😀

# 4
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/07/2023 11:43 pm

That's awesome, jvdburgt! You've made a lot of progress in a relatively short time!

Yay - and have fun - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.