need critic badly on this song please.

flash2ace
flash2ace
03/17/2003 1:44 am
hello doc, this is a song i have ready for the vox to go in tommorow.my singer from my band servant is coming over and she is gonna do the vox. i warn you this is heavy heavy metal. im not sure if you like metal or not? but anyway like i said my singer is coming over and so is my bass player so i dont have to use my synth for the bass lol.
let me know if there are any major mix problems. i havnt added compression yet or nothing just a splash of verb on drums. thanks ahead of time my friend,see ya around and god bless. tim pate. p.s. my band is going to a pro studio next month so we are using this as practice so they are not tottaly greenhornes lol. peace
play music unto the lord in a manner of praise.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/17/2003 2:37 am
Whatā€™s the link man ?

Im not really a metal head (or even religious for that) so I don't know how useful my opinion will be, however, Im more than happy to drop my 2c in the pot !

Later
S

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
flash2ace
flash2ace
03/17/2003 2:55 am
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1751&alid=-1 he died for you. sorry forgott the link lol. thanks.
play music unto the lord in a manner of praise.
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/17/2003 9:32 pm
Personally Id tweek the guitar EQ a bit (roll of some of the top and boost the middle a bit). Id also revisit the recommendations noticingthemistake made re. frequencies in order to try and separate the various instruments. You could panning then a little off center (not full left and right) to try and add clarity.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.