One Last Breath

outwatgl
outwatgl
09/23/2021 6:22 pm

Hi Mike. I spotted a discrepancy between the video (tutorial) and the TAB for the song One Last Breath. In the 2nd measure, the structure for the G chord differs from what you played to what is shown. The high G is shown in the TAB, but you use the high D (second string). Maybe your GT webmaster can fix this PDQ. Hope this helps . . .

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/24/2021 2:42 pm

Hi there - the tab seems correct to me. Could you please be more specific about exactly which part you are referring to? I'm not sure what you mean about the "structure" of the G chord.

Thanks!

Mike

Originally Posted by: outwatgl

Hi Mike. I spotted a discrepancy between the video (tutorial) and the TAB for the song One Last Breath. In the 2nd measure, the structure for the G chord differs from what you played to what is shown. The high G is shown in the TAB, but you use the high D (second string). Maybe your GT webmaster can fix this PDQ. Hope this helps . . .

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
outwatgl
outwatgl
10/12/2021 5:10 am

Hi Mike. In the Intro tutorial at 2:50, you say not to include the high E string (or the G note (3rd fret)). But the corresponding TAB for the 2nd measure depicts the G chord with that high G note. Since you used two fingers to play the G chord, I saw the discrepancy against the TAB pic with that extra note as I played along.

I was only putting my QC hat on and trying yo keep things paired up. I enjoy your teaching style and pick up song material fairly quickly. . . so thanks for the years of great work and inspiration.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/12/2021 9:18 pm

Hey again! First off - thanks so much for the kind words!

Please forgive me, but I'm still not getting what you're referring to. I explain the G chord from the 2nd measure at around 6:00 of the video, and I believe it matches up with what is in the tab and what I played in the performance. I play the D note (3rd fret 2nd string), then the A note (2nd fret 3rd string). Right after I'll hit the high G note (3rd fret 1st string) and the F# note (2nd fret 1st string).

I'm talking about the A chord from the first measure at the time you quoted (2:50), so mayber that's where the confusion comes from?

Let me know!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: outwatgl

Hi Mike. In the Intro tutorial at 2:50, you say not to include the high E string (or the G note (3rd fret)). But the corresponding TAB for the 2nd measure depicts the G chord with that high G note. Since you used two fingers to play the G chord, I saw the discrepancy against the TAB pic with that extra note as I played along.

I was only putting my QC hat on and trying yo keep things paired up. I enjoy your teaching style and pick up song material fairly quickly. . . so thanks for the years of great work and inspiration.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.