View post (One Last Breath)

View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/12/2021 9:18 pm

Hey again! First off - thanks so much for the kind words!

Please forgive me, but I'm still not getting what you're referring to. I explain the G chord from the 2nd measure at around 6:00 of the video, and I believe it matches up with what is in the tab and what I played in the performance. I play the D note (3rd fret 2nd string), then the A note (2nd fret 3rd string). Right after I'll hit the high G note (3rd fret 1st string) and the F# note (2nd fret 1st string).

I'm talking about the A chord from the first measure at the time you quoted (2:50), so mayber that's where the confusion comes from?

Let me know!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: outwatgl

Hi Mike. In the Intro tutorial at 2:50, you say not to include the high E string (or the G note (3rd fret)). But the corresponding TAB for the 2nd measure depicts the G chord with that high G note. Since you used two fingers to play the G chord, I saw the discrepancy against the TAB pic with that extra note as I played along.

I was only putting my QC hat on and trying yo keep things paired up. I enjoy your teaching style and pick up song material fairly quickly. . . so thanks for the years of great work and inspiration.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach