Newest song

jimk8882
jimk8882
12/08/2020 1:05 am

Wow ... wow ... wow! Outstanding! I can definitely hear the influences of JD and Stevie Nicks, both of whom are high on my list of amazing artists. Don't know what you are planning to do on a go-forward basis but I can't wait to hear your next creation. [br][br]

Jim

P.S. I am not easily blown away but I am in your case.

# 1
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/08/2020 1:07 am
Originally Posted by: jimk8882

Wow ... wow ... wow! Outstanding! I can definitely hear the influences of JD and Stevie Nicks, both of whom are high on my list of amazing artists. Don't know what you are planning to do on a go-forward basis but I can't wait to hear your next creation. [br][br]

Jim

P.S. I am not easily blown away but I am in your case.

Thank you so much! I was a bit nervous -- it's been a loooong time since I've made or shared music with anyone. You all are making my whole day! (week, month... 2020...)

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 2
bbriant
bbriant
12/08/2020 8:12 am

A bit of Elkie Brooks in there has well?

Love that style of singing.

# 3
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/08/2020 1:29 pm
Originally Posted by: bbriant

A bit of Elkie Brooks in there has well?

Love that style of singing.

I hadn't heard of Elkie Brooks before -- listening now, thank you for the tip!

# 4
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/13/2020 4:17 pm

Faith,

I had wondered about the song you promised to put up here on GT... Now I have heard it I can say...IT IS WELL CRAFTED AND [u]SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL![/u]

I became interested in song writting by listening to the Singer Songwritters of my age (Jackson Brown, Joni Mitchell, John Lennon, Paul Mcartney, Billy Joel, Carol King, Keef Richards, Mick Jagger, James Taylor, Bob Segar and all the rest). I hear the kind of articulate lyricism, they employed in their craft, in your word smithing. In fact the only thing I would do to that recording would be to turn the vocals up. BRAVO, WELL DONE!

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 5
elenaortiz197679
elenaortiz197679
12/24/2020 6:45 am

This article is really amazing. Thanks for the update and quick reply. keep sharing this type of info.

# 6
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/24/2020 3:32 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

Faith,

I had wondered about the song you promised to put up here on GT... Now I have heard it I can say...IT IS WELL CRAFTED AND [u]SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL![/u]

I became interested in song writting by listening to the Singer Songwritters of my age (Jackson Brown, Joni Mitchell, John Lennon, Paul Mcartney, Billy Joel, Carol King, Keef Richards, Mick Jagger, James Taylor, Bob Segar and all the rest). I hear the kind of articulate lyricism, they employed in their craft, in your word smithing. In fact the only thing I would do to that recording would be to turn the vocals up. BRAVO, WELL DONE!

Thank you! To say that's high praise and the company of royalty is an underestatement. And happy holidays! Glad you're still here.

# 7
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/26/2020 8:10 pm

Thought I might try posting the last song I wrote, in an attempt to get others to post originaly songwritting. But I can't figure out how to attach the file to an email that will post here. I have to confess I am a luddite firmly planted in the last century, and I must confess a low frustrattion threshold for computer antics. But I have a file and i want to post it here if I can manage to do so without having my head explode. .

Is this going to blow a gasket in my head? Like I said I am a Luddite and it may be beyond the capibility of my patience for digital figitry. But what the hell... no pain no gain?

ed

# 8
manXcat
manXcat
12/26/2020 9:33 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones....I must confess a low frustrattion threshold for computer antics. But I have a file and i want to post it here if I can manage to do so without having my head explode.

@snojones

Easy peasy mate.

[br]1. Go here.

2.'Follow the bouncing ball' to create an account.

3. Upload your sound file in one of the approved formats to your account, and ensure public access option is selected. You're permitted a limited number of uploads with a free account..

4. Copy and post the direct link to that upload here. Paste the link in a hotlink using the forum insert/edit link tool.

5. Voilà! Click and listen.

Cheers big ears! ....and Merry Christmas!

manXcat

# 9
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/26/2020 10:09 pm

So where is the account I am going to start? Do I loose my copyrights by posting there?

# 10
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/26/2020 11:10 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

So where is the account I am going to start? Do I loose my copyrights by posting there?

You will not lose your copyright by uploading to SoundCloud. You can also upload to Dropbox -- also a free account and easy to set up (and unlike Soundcloud, useful for other things as well).

# 11
manXcat
manXcat
12/26/2020 11:25 pm
Originally Posted by: snojonesSo where is the account I am going to start? Do I loose my copyrights by posting there?[/quote]

I filled your bowl sno, and gave you the spoon. I'm afraid you're going to have figure out how to place it in your mouth yourself. It's just not that difficult, truly, even for a techno "luddite". = ]

Not sure I'd be that worried about someone profiting their first million from plagiarising your first upload sno.

Short answer. No.

As for copyright law, it's complex, messy, expensive and particular to jurisdiction.

That said, it's my general understanding that if a party publishes a work disseminating it publically, (e.g. upload to SoundCloud) and can prove A. ownership, B. the date it was published preceding first publication by said other party, and the C. alleged infringement holding true, then any party who misappropriates that work is liable to tort by the plaintiff for breach of copyright.

That said, it's all rather hypothetical for amateurs our age. In the real world, as a self-sponsored individual plaintiff vs wealthy corporate lawyered up defendent, "good luck". It'd have to be fiscally worthwhile like e.g. Chuck vs The Beach Boys over “Surfin’ USA".

Other than not publish at all and after the fact legal redress, there's not really any pragmatic way to prevent plagiarising and repackaging of any work on an individual basis any more than anything else published in any media.

[quote=faith83]You can also upload to Dropbox -- also a free account and easy to set up (and unlike Soundcloud, useful for other things as well

No offence to sno, but if he's having problems with something a simple as registering an account with SoundCloud, [u]configuring[/u] Dropbox [u]properties[/u] would be akin to nuclear physics.

[br]All the best sno. Publish and be damned! = ]

# 12
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/26/2020 11:44 pm

Sno, if you PM me, I'll send you my email address, you can send me the file and I can upload it to a back page on my website for you. That way you don't have to do anything but attach the file to the email. No need for any frustration.

# 13
manXcat
manXcat
12/26/2020 11:54 pm

Here ya go sno. I just created a new SoundCloud account and uploaded. Took me less than 2 minutes.

Click this TEST. No I didn't write or play or sing it, but wish I had. What a rock voice! Best ever...

Edit: PS. There ya go, copyright detected and protected within minutes LOL

Cut and paste quote from my SoundCloud message inbox.

"It looks like your track

"All Right Now"

might contain or be a copy of "All Right Now" by Free, which is owned by in certain territories.

As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being."

# 14
manXcat
manXcat
12/29/2020 1:11 am
Originally Posted by: snojonesI must confess a low frustrattion threshold for computer antics. But I have a file

@snojones If you would like a hand with making a file available for listening to here and making a link to it, I'm willing & happy to assist.

You can't upload other than an image file directly to Guitar Tricks forum.

Sound files, e.g. snojones.mp3, have to be uploaded to a faciliative third party storage site first and linked here with a URL.

SoundCloud is the obvious one. You can create a free account there with an email address, linked Facebook or Google account which will offer limited privileges and space. Navigate via the hotlink I provided at the beginning of this paragraph to the SoundCloud Home Page, look to the top right of screen on the menu bar and click on Create Acount.

Easy to create, and once you've created and confirmed your email address, intuitively drag and drop simple to upload and link from as illustrated in my previous post.

Alternatively Faith83 has offered to facilitate you file through her Dropbox account in a folder already configured for public sharing.

Google Drive associated with Chrome browser and Android have the same capability, but the problem with any of those type of accounts is their vulnerability if you don't configure the [u]sharing properties[/u] correctly. And of course, there's always You Tube.

[br]Anyway, the offer is out there if you want to avail it. Cheers.

# 15
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/29/2020 4:15 pm

Xman,

Thanks for your efforts! I think this song is now on the way. Hopefully it will be available soon. Now we have to get others to post their songs. This could get cool, fast!! Once again thanks.

# 16
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/29/2020 5:22 pm

Can't wait to hear it Sno.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 17
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/29/2020 6:41 pm

Here is something to listen to. Kind of diffrent from my usual Rock orientation, but that was the way it came to me. Thanks to xman and Faith for making this work!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdxosireoeex9cb/Prisons%20Duet%200323.mp3?dl=0

# 18
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/29/2020 7:02 pm

Very nice Sno. Is that you singing?

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 19
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/29/2020 7:28 pm

Well, I am the male voice at least.... I am the guitarist as well. The rest of the recording are friends who helped me out.

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.