Boss GT-3

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/10/2002 7:11 am
Hi folks

i was wondering what you think of the Boss GT-3.
I could get one second hand and it is a s good as new for only 200 Bucks. I tested it and it was cool .. but then again i already have a good multieffect-device (ART SGX 2000 EXPRESS) ... should i consider it? has anyone tested or used this thing over a longer period of time?

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
12/10/2002 3:10 pm
I've owned this unit for 3 years now and I'm still happy with it. It's very versatile , nice variety of distortions, cleans ,chorus ,delay , compression, etc.

The only disadvantage is that the wah-pedal realy su*k donkey's a$$ !!

Strange effects on board are very cool too, there are effects that can be used as wind effect (see patch #74 , called ring echo) , the slicer is nice, Slow Gear (like a volume swell) is quite usefull , the auto-riff thing is cool but totaly useless (for me), also there are setups for an automatic fade in/out (without using a volume or expression pedal, very cool huh?).

The feedbacker is awesome , I use it with reverb and delay and do some Harmonic/trem-bar stuff , it sounds realy scary.

The harmonizer is very high quality in sound, you should try it (don't compare it to the over $3000 Evnetides cuz it won't be fare).

I don't know if $200 bucks is a cool prize for a used one or not, check out the prize of a new one and compare.. (got mine new 3 years ago for about $400).

Also consider the GT-6, got the same effects I believe, with new useless new effects added of course, but the coolest thing is that it got a Wah-pedal modulations (Haven't tried it yet but hope it sounds nice)

[Edited by SLY on 12-10-2002 at 09:16 AM]
# 2
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
12/16/2002 3:27 am
I sold mine about 6 months ago for $220...don't get me wrong, I loved it, but needed money. I own a POD 2.0 now which is a modeler, but doesn't have a lot of the versatility the Boss has. POD is better for what I need, but the Boss has tons of cool features....fully programmable and MIDI functional...
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 3
Twist of Fate
Twist of Fate
12/16/2002 3:58 am
My friend owns one and he loves it. He always brags about it to everyone. So I'd say yeah go for it.
# 4
Jirstuve
Jirstuve
12/21/2002 5:20 am
I suggest you get a GT-6... 360 effects programs for $600 canadian...
# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/21/2002 11:44 am
I dont need a GT-6 - nore do i realy need a GT-3 - its just a cheap change to get one - i have enough effects - i only want to know if it would be good to buy it or not

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
12/24/2002 10:32 pm
I donĀ“t know man but avrything thatĀ“s digital like GT3 sound so dead. I preffer a couple of boss pedals instead. It maby is more expensive but itĀ“s anolog and more honest. Who needĀ“s a proccesor, what you need and what I have is 2-3 pedals incl Wah.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 7
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
12/25/2002 10:59 am
Originally posted by Dejan Sajinovic
I donĀ“t know man but avrything thatĀ“s digital like GT3 sound so dead. I preffer a couple of boss pedals instead. It maby is more expensive but itĀ“s anolog and more honest. Who needĀ“s a proccesor, what you need and what I have is 2-3 pedals incl Wah.

Well, only crappy digital processors (like old Zooms) sound dead. The only thing that hasn't been perfectly simulated with digital processors is the Wah-pedal... And may be there are good digital simulations for wah-pedals that I haven't seen too.

I've tried out most of Boss pedals (MetalZone/ DS-1/etc.) that some of my friends have, and some DOD pedals that I own like the "DeathMetal" ... I can tell you that most of these can be simulated perfectly with a good digital processor if you set up the parameters correctly (which is very hard btw , and takes a lot of time of tweaking).

Most of todays artists use lots of digital tools in their performance and recording gear... I know that Marty Friedman now uses "GT-6" , and almost every well known artist have an "Eventide".

One thing that will always be cool about analog gear is the simplicity (you spend more time playing than learning how to set these thingis up), but usualy Digital gear are extremely more versatile.

# 8
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/25/2002 11:51 am
and who can afford an Eventide?? *LOL*

*evil grin* lucky me we have one in studio MUAHAHAHAHA

# 9
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
12/25/2002 12:02 pm
I wish I could just play an Eventide one day .

Probably I can buy one... but first I'll have to sell all of my guitars / amp /effects / stop eating & drinking for a month / borrow some money ... Then I'll play it with my frinds guitars and amps ,they will never refuse the honor of having their guitars plugged into an Eventide , yeah ... :p
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.