View post (Boss GT-3)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
12/25/2002 10:59 am
Originally posted by Dejan Sajinovic
I don´t know man but avrything that´s digital like GT3 sound so dead. I preffer a couple of boss pedals instead. It maby is more expensive but it´s anolog and more honest. Who need´s a proccesor, what you need and what I have is 2-3 pedals incl Wah.

Well, only crappy digital processors (like old Zooms) sound dead. The only thing that hasn't been perfectly simulated with digital processors is the Wah-pedal... And may be there are good digital simulations for wah-pedals that I haven't seen too.

I've tried out most of Boss pedals (MetalZone/ DS-1/etc.) that some of my friends have, and some DOD pedals that I own like the "DeathMetal" ... I can tell you that most of these can be simulated perfectly with a good digital processor if you set up the parameters correctly (which is very hard btw , and takes a lot of time of tweaking).

Most of todays artists use lots of digital tools in their performance and recording gear... I know that Marty Friedman now uses "GT-6" , and almost every well known artist have an "Eventide".

One thing that will always be cool about analog gear is the simplicity (you spend more time playing than learning how to set these thingis up), but usualy Digital gear are extremely more versatile.