View post (Boss GT-3)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
12/10/2002 3:10 pm
I've owned this unit for 3 years now and I'm still happy with it. It's very versatile , nice variety of distortions, cleans ,chorus ,delay , compression, etc.

The only disadvantage is that the wah-pedal realy su*k donkey's a$$ !!

Strange effects on board are very cool too, there are effects that can be used as wind effect (see patch #74 , called ring echo) , the slicer is nice, Slow Gear (like a volume swell) is quite usefull , the auto-riff thing is cool but totaly useless (for me), also there are setups for an automatic fade in/out (without using a volume or expression pedal, very cool huh?).

The feedbacker is awesome , I use it with reverb and delay and do some Harmonic/trem-bar stuff , it sounds realy scary.

The harmonizer is very high quality in sound, you should try it (don't compare it to the over $3000 Evnetides cuz it won't be fare).

I don't know if $200 bucks is a cool prize for a used one or not, check out the prize of a new one and compare.. (got mine new 3 years ago for about $400).

Also consider the GT-6, got the same effects I believe, with new useless new effects added of course, but the coolest thing is that it got a Wah-pedal modulations (Haven't tried it yet but hope it sounds nice)

[Edited by SLY on 12-10-2002 at 09:16 AM]